Clubplanet Nightlife Community

InList ... presents ... Sound Factory!

Guest InList.com

Guest InList.com

Thanks for the thoughts on were the club should open and how it should look. We love to hear more. Please, keep them coming.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ezgoing74

I don't know about the beach. I like the beach to party but downtown is the shit. With or without 24 license downtown is the future.

Guest Devilicious

This is just too good.....

First of all, you're promoting an idea of a club that counts on people to have warm memories of the pit in NY.

Then you announce a date without even having a venue.

But the thing that gets me is that you are making comments about what the City will or will not do without having the slightest clue about the actual situation.

If your goal is to sound stupid, don't worry.....your grammer and spelling have already taken care of that.

grammar

Guest coach

I don't know about the beach. I like the beach to party but downtown is the shit. With or without 24 license downtown is the future.

Have you seen the # of cranes down there? And I don't mean the really cool wading bird.

Guest Tru1

Nick,

Or to "be cool". I cannot tell you how many times I have seen someone that either inherited, or made a few bucks in another industry, that thinks that they are the next nightclub mogul of the world.

That are clueless that they are about to blow 6,7, or even 8 figures in very short order.

Guest pod

So true. I've known plenty of guys in this city who have come and gone, that have opened up a club to be cool or get laid.

They come into money from their family or blind luck, and then run through it like nobody's business.

In the end, bad business moves or sometimes legal issues take them down.

Nick,

Or to "be cool". I cannot tell you how many times I have seen someone that either inherited, or made a few bucks in another industry, that thinks that they are the next nightclub mogul of the world.

That are clueless that they are about to blow 6,7, or even 8 figures in very short order.

*cough*release*cough*

;D

Hi Evan.

Guest pod

Oh yeah, good seeing you out on Wednesday, Evan. BTW, keep me posted on your event you were talking about. I got clearance from my PO to visit if the scheduling is right.

I hate to dissuade people from doing things like this. I understand that to a lot of people, owning and operating a nightclub of their very own is a dream of sorts. In an ideal world, I'd love to own and operate a venue. You all know I'd equip it with nothing but the best.

However, you gotta be smart about it. The established players are very entrenched, the key is to wait.

Guest Gladius

And they were saying I was harsh. ::) Anyway you asked so let me tell you what a want at a club. I want a giant fountain in the center of it where water comes out and around it.

bricks in brickell has that, as you come in the outside lounge - pretty cool and relaxing.

True story :) and as of dec 2nd they are opening the outside lounge as its own seperate room so there will now be 3 seperate rooms... should be fun ;)

Guest spinderella7713

what ever happened to the the empty club space on lincoln road ....the old "spin"???? First I heard opium bought it but now nada......whats going on with that?

Guest pod

Opium bought it and is renovating it. I walk by there every day and there's scads of workers there. The doors are wide open and from what I can see, it's been totally gutted, even the old grand staircase is gone. Opium is an established player, so they'll make it work most likely.

Guest Gladius

How has the noise issue been down there for your guys? Any complaints yet?

we get a noise complaint every once in a while not that often, but whenever it happens the police officers working that night get the call and just ask us to lower it on the terrace a bit before it becomes a problem, so we turn it down for like 10 minutes ;)

Guest pod

I also saw that Amika FINALLY closed down. Any word about whats going to happen at that spot?

Some venue named "Sin". Apparently some Germans are now the happy new owners of the building.

Ze Germans?

Ja.

Guest spinderella7713

I also saw that Amika FINALLY closed down. Any word about whats going to happen at that spot?

Some venue named "Sin". Apparently some Germans are now the happy new owners of the building.

Ze Germans?

Ja.

Any American club owners in Miami? lol

Guest ramon

Ze Germans?

Ja.

sounds good :)

let's see what our new german overlords bring us.

Guest pod

I wouldn't count on it being "those" sort of Germans. The old owner of Amika told me that he sold it to some Germans, which is all I have to go on. I would venture that they just happen to be from Germany. I wouldn't expect Berlin style nights at this venue.

Guest ramon

I wouldn't count on it being "those" sort of Germans. The old owner of Amika told me that he sold it to some Germans, which is all I have to go on. I would venture that they just happen to be from Germany. I wouldn't expect Berlin style nights at this venue.

why not? it's the cool thing to do these days and we all know how cool miami is.