Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo Round 2 - Pix & Clips! - Victor Calderone Marathon

all4tribal1414779019

As many peeps that went to DT last night, im sure they are still passed out by now and won't be attending tonight's event.

Since I didn't go out last night and been planning tonight's event for over a month now, im counting down the hours. All you people that told me you're gonna come thru better show up.

I'll be arriving in a group - meeting infront of the club sometime between 3ish-4am(Victor gets on the decks @ 4am spins till closed passed 10am the least im sure). We'll stay there till our legs fall out! ;D :P

061125_lg.jpg

Previous events pictures taken by moi

CIMG5657.jpg

CIMG5677.jpg

CIMG5684.jpg

CIMG5645.jpg

Guest mr.miami

Tonights goal is to get there around 11-11:30ish pm and try to stay till at least 8 am. Want to see what all the fuss is about since last time I didnt get to stay. Anyone gonna be up for round 3 on sunday?

Tonights goal is to get there around 11-11:30ish pm and try to stay till at least 8 am. Want to see what all the fuss is about since last time I didnt get to stay. Anyone gonna be up for round 3 on sunday?

it will be round 1 technically for me since i didnt go last night to dt lol, but no not for me, i wanted to catch chus n ceballos but they r spinning at unfortunatelly area 51 tomorrow night, what a shame out of all the clubs they had to spin at that dump :-X :-[

looking to see them at twilo tho im sure it will happen in the future, maybe for wmc

Guest mr.miami

Other then being drenched by mangina man sweat it was a fun night. Also props to all, and cos. Funny thing is the music really does pick up around 7amish. Dont know why, but the party really started kicking into high gear at that time.

Guest mr.miami

Whats the update on Twilo,miami. Are they doing good. anyone been there and how is the club layout?

thanks

Rectangle shaped with one giant dance floor. I was suprised to see how packed the Friday party was when DT was there. From what i have seen thier Saturdays always seem decent. Problem is it is mostly gay guys. Would like to see Twilo try to pull in some ladies on Saturdays, too. Don't know whats going on with them promoting to straight people. Still you cant beat going to a place being able to drink, listen to music, and dance and not leave there smelling like a forest fire. Probably one of my favorite things about the place.

Whats the update on Twilo,miami. Are they doing good. anyone been there and how is the club layout?

thanks

Rectangle shaped with one giant dance floor. I was suprised to see how packed the Friday party was when DT was there. From what i have seen thier Saturdays always seem decent. Problem is it is mostly gay guys. Would like to see Twilo try to pull in some ladies on Saturdays, too. Don't know whats going on with them promoting to straight people. Still you cant beat going to a place bng able to drink, listen to music, and dance and not leave there smelling like a forest fire. Probably one of my favorite things about the place.

Well they aren't going to promote to straight people on saturdays cause from what i understand its a gay party. They tried the "straight" parties on fridays and it flopped. The miami crowds are too damn fickle.

Guest mr.miami

True, but I don't think a club should cut itself off from a whole group of potential customers. So I don't see why they dont try to promote more towards straight people for Saturdays, too. Build up an even larger customer base.

True, but I don't think a club should cut itself off from a whole group of potential customers. So I don't see why they dont try to promote more towards straight people for Saturdays, too. Build up an even larger customer base.

It doesn't work that way. You can't promote to both crowds because it will never work. You will in fact probaby have LESS people because they will clash. Like i said earlier, they already tried doing the straight night and it didn't work. Also, Space seems to have the saturday night market cornered.

Trying to put the two together is kinda like promoting to the edm crowd AND hip hop crowd. You obviously have no clue what the nightclub industry is like.

Guest LeVeL

Bling shut up and stop being so homophobic..I say anybody who hasn't gone to see Victor @ Twilo on this board has to go sooner or later, you just dont know what your missing.

After going to see Victor last night, I have to say that it was a breath of fresh air from all the other crap being played in clubs throughout Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I didn't give 2 fucks about the night being Gay Night. Basically this was my first time attending Twilo and I have to say that their service has to be the best customer service of all the clubs around here. As I entered the club I was greeted with a welcome, the bartenders dont fuck around with water down drinks, the atmosphere was just great you are able to enter the club and your able to go outside to enjoy the South Florida Breeze by sitting on one of the couches. The security guards are nice and helpful to the clientel, they are not bullies. I love the layout of the club and the soundsystem is just right in sync with the lighting.

As far as Victor is concerned the guy was just torching the main-room with banging track after track, I haven't danced like that in a long,long,long,long,long time. The house that was spun yesterday @ Twilo is the House that I love, no bullcrap minimal was mixed in...JUST STRAIGHT UP BANGING HOUSE the type that makes you move your body, the type that makes you dance and sweat. When I go to a club, I wanna go to drink, be with my friends and especially dance.

I dont go to no fucking club to be educated by some DJ, I dont go to a club to hear a dj experiment with different genres and sounds, I go to fucking DANCE. And thats what you get when Victor comes to town, you get your moneys worth. You dont pay all this money to be let down by what the DJ is spinning, I find myself a lot of times being let down by what the Dj's are spinninng now in days its just really hard to find a good night of clubbing now in days.

Yesterday..I got my moneys worth, Twilo keep on doing what your doing because you have a Golden Jewel in your hands and Twilo is not going anywhere.

A+ across the boards to you guys.

Guest mr.miami

Are watered down drinks really a big thing down here? The places I usually decide to hang at Voodoo lounge, Twilo, and Space don't do this. So who does?

Bling shut up and stop being so homophobic..I say anybody who hasn't gone to see Victor @ Twilo on this board has to go sooner or later' date=' you just dont know what your missing.

After going to see Victor last night, I have to say that it was a breath of fresh air from all the other crap being played in clubs throughout Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I didn't give 2 fucks about the night being Gay Night. Basically this was my first time attending Twilo and I have to say that their service has to be the best customer service of all the clubs around here. As I entered the club I was greeted with a welcome, the bartenders dont fuck around with water down drinks, the atmosphere was just great you are able to enter the club and your able to go outside to enjoy the South Florida Breeze by sitting on one of the couches. The security guards are nice and helpful to the clientel, they are not bullies. I love the layout of the club and the soundsystem is just right in sync with the lighting.

As far as Victor is concerned the guy was just torching the main-room with banging track after track, I haven't danced like that in a long,long,long,long,long time. The house that was spun yesterday @ Twilo is the House that I love, no bullcrap minimal was mixed in...JUST STRAIGHT UP BANGING HOUSE the type that makes you move your body, the type that makes you dance and sweat. When I go to a club, I wanna go to drink, be with my friends and especially dance.

I dont go to no fucking club to be educated by some DJ, I dont go to a club to hear a dj experiment with different genres and sounds, I go to fucking DANCE. And thats what you get when Victor comes to town, you get your moneys worth. You dont pay all this money to be let down by what the DJ is spinning, I find myself a lot of times being let down by what the Dj's are spinninng now in days its just really hard to find a good night of clubbing now in days.

Yesterday..I got my moneys worth, Twilo keep on doing what your doing because you have a Golden Jewel in your hands and Twilo is not going anywhere.

A+ across the boards to you guys.

[/quote']

awesome review bro 8)

I didnt see you there, did u perhaps see me? lol We were there from 3-till past 8am or so, what time did u get there?

Last night was intense for sure. There are lots of things that I like about this club. From the time you walk up to the side walk, you're greeded, to the time you come to the register for will call people are nice to you. Organization is key here. They deff have it going on. Bartenders are quick and make strong drinks too. You don't see fights like you do in every other place nowadays that's also a good thing especially when you're with a chick.

Im not sure who was the one that said there are no places to seat but ive always seen couches in the lounge area and now they put some on the outside so people can sit, relax, ect.

Yes we all know by now its a gay night, if you want to hear someone like Victor Calderone at a sick club like Twilo which is where he belongs imo you will have to go on a gay night. Not one time in the club i was harrassed or grabbed the wrong way. People there respect you, as long as you have common sense and you're in a group with friends they are not just gonna come up to you and start grabbing you. It's no difference than being in a straight club other than 95% it's all dudes, hence "gay night". Im not homophobic, and it's hard to get this across people sometimes.

VC was in full effect, once upon arriving Abel was throwing down some tight toons, VC got on just about 4am or so. I never danced so much in my life nonstop. Probably danced, jumped around, went crazy, every choon was just pure sickness, one after the other. He really brought it as he always does w/ no dissapointment!

Glad to hear "Music is freedom" by Richie Santana, that VC played at one point in the night. Yet to be released i believe. One of my fav tracks.

Nice meeting Phazonian, pleasure meeting you bro.

Mr. Miami you gotta slow down or else you're liver won't handle all those Jager bombs bro!

and the rest good times for sure.

Pics will soon be posted along w/ some clips that i took.

Thanks again VC & Twilo for an awesome night!

Guest mr.miami

You forget i got there around 11:pm so I needed it early on. Also kind of surprised y'all wimped out if what you are saying that you left a little after 8 ;D I think i had 10 or 11 shots of cuervo by the time you all showed so I was definitely going down. Diogo still want to know what you were drinking. You seemed f-ed up the hour right after you all got there.

okay on to the pics first...

CIMG6030.jpg

CIMG6025.jpg

CIMG6014.jpg

CIMG5984.jpg

CIMG6018.jpg

CIMG5991.jpg

CIMG6004.jpg

First clip - taken on a 4megapixel camera - bass is insane in there, so you will have distortion, but you can still get the vibe.

luyIrTvu8HE

2nd clip - if you see the angles shaking that's because we were all jumping n going nuts! lol It's hard to record it since it's very dark in there and you can't see where the speakers are placed.

"Music is freedom!" sick track.

xcZIPAEkBXY

You forget i got there around 11:pm so I needed it early on. Also kind of surprised y'all wimped out if what you are saying that you left a little after 8 ;D I think i had 10 or 11 shots of cuervo by the time you all showed so I was definitely going down. Diogo still want to know what you were drinking. You seemed f-ed up the hour right after you all got there.

haha no doubt, we were drinking redbull/vodka and mixing it up w/ rum/coke could be y, gotta get the pregaming on b4 heading out!

Guest Phazonian

it was a pleasure meeting all4tribalism and his people,, i am glad everyone enjoyed themselves,, i thought abel & Victor were just great... thanks again for everyone"s support

Guest mr.miami

Okay, I made a new motto when it comes to Twilo. So rather than just calling it a gay club you should think of it as a failed straight club that right now tends to have only a gay party night. Kind of helps do away with the I dont want to be seen going to a gay club stigma.

Guest eskimogirl2005

OK. Twilo is so sick that after working there for 11.5 hours for the Tenaglia party Friday pm /Saturday am I was back - by choice - as a customer to see Victor Sunday morning. I got there around 6am and I closed it which was some time between 1:30pm & 2:00pm!!!

AMAZING party... definitely one of my favorites. After the Lawler Buck15 party & Daft Punk @ Bang! - NOW DANNY & VICTOR @ TWILO - I just can't believe I've been to so many good parties recently in such a short amount of time!

: )