Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are you too cool for Dunkin Donuts?

Guest mr.miami

Guest mr.miami

I decided to bring this up because it was one of the dumbest things I ever heard a chick say at my college days at UM. There was some discussion and she announced to the class how she only goes to Starbucks and thinks Dunkin Donuts is low class. I was kind of shocked cus at this time this snooty gal was a senior. Anyways how common is this attitude?

Guest coach

You guys need to lay off the fried foods, they are ruining your tastebuds. KK tastes like it has been soaked in grease or something. Naaaaasty.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I decided to bring this up because it was one of the dumbest things I ever heard a chick say at my college days at UM. There was some discussion and she announced to the class how she only goes to Starbucks and thinks Dunkin Donuts is low class. I was kind of shocked cus at this time this snooty gal was a senior. Anyways how common is this attitude?

Given a choice between the 2, I would pick Dunkin Donuts.

But I was never given the luxury to choose. I lived in Seattle most of my coffee drinking life. There is practically nothing but Starbucks up there.

Even the old Dunkin Donuts locations got bought out by Starbucks... LOL

doughnut_sprinkle.jpg

Besides..any place that has 'sprinkled donuts' is better than any coffee joint that doesn't..

Guest swirlundergrounder

i agree krispy kreme is better. btw im having d.d hot chocolate right now mmmmmmmmmmm

I have boycotted Krispy Kreme for more than 4 years now.

They are truly the devil's minions..

There used to be this sucessful mom and pop donut shop in Seattle that was open for like 30 years.

You know what Krispy did? They were opening a new location 2 blocks away from the mom and pop shop about 8 or 9 months down the road.

So one weekend Krispy Kreme parked a big truck and set up a tent right across the street from the mom and pop shop and gave away 1 dozen donuts to thousands of people over that weekend.

How much $ do you think the mom and pop shop lost over that weekend?

BIG BOO TO KRISPY KREME!!!

Guest JMT
But I was never given the luxury to choose. I lived in Seattle most of my coffee drinking life. There is practically nothing but Starbucks up there.

what? no love for seattle's best??

Guest swirlundergrounder

SBC and Starbucks are the same thing to me basically.

Guest JMT

if i am forced to choose one or the other i prefer SB. i like the underdog. instead of one on every block in seattle (like starbucks) theres only one on every other block.

Guest swirlundergrounder

if i am forced to choose one or the other i prefer SB. i like the underdog. instead of one on every block in seattle (like starbucks) theres only one on every other block.

They booth have the color maroon as one of their main colors in their color sceme...

Trust me..In the gray skys of Seattle, they both look the same... LOL

If you are ever in Seattle and want really-really-really good coffee, go up to Broadway and go to 'Vivace' one block south of the Broadway market...

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

Dunkin is the bomb, BLUEBERRY CAKE MMMMMMMM. they are so efficiant and fast now that they are all ran by indians now too. <<<not to be taken the wrong way. Hard workers and good investors those indians. 8)

Guest durrtylexx

Dunkin is the bomb, BLUEBERRY CAKE MMMMMMMM. they are so efficiant and fast now that they are all ran by indians now too. <<<not to be taken the wrong way. Hard workers and good investors those indians. 8)

lol

dunkin 24/7 bacon egg and cheese on a croissant---

Guest XSweetnessX

^ Amen to that. I love the fact that DD is open 24/7. The lattes are fantabulous :)

Starbucks is great, BUT they are way overpriced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...