Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Employee gets fired for smoking.....at home!

Guest slamminshaun

Guest coach

If you are ignorant enough to smoke' date=' you deserve anything you get. The Surgeon General warning has been on those things for over 30 years. I cannot think of one week that went by when I was in school, where a teacher or some other authoritarian figure did not lecture us on the dangers of smoking....anyone who started smoking in the last 30 years made an informed decision.

[/quote']So, what's your point? That millions of Americans are idiots and that stupidity is a capitol offense? But, fraud is okay?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

Tobacco is responsible for about 435,000 deaths every year in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Man, I love this number.

Why? Tragic if you ask me.

. And don't give me any bullshit about "freedom to choose to kill yourself smoking" because it is not freedom unless you CAN make an informed decision, which the cigarrette companies spent millions of dollars making sure you could not.

I don't get what you are saying when every box of cigarettes sold in America have something like this labelled on the side of each box..

istockphoto_782025_surgeon_general_s_warning.jpg

In some places in the world, this waring says 'WARNING, SMOKING CAN KILL YOU'...

Guest coach

Excellent way of making my point, Terry. What percentage of the American public do you think knows that CO is bad for you? Is REALLY bad for you. That doesn't say anything about Cigs killing you in a horrible, painful and expensive manner. Those warnings are utter bullshit.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Excellent way of making my point, Terry. What percentage of the American public do you think knows that CO is bad for you? Is REALLY bad for you. That doesn't say anything about Cigs killing you in a horrible, painful and expensive manner. Those warnings are utter bullshit.

Ok I see what you are saying now...