Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I swear.....

Bling

Guest slamminshaun

Me either...says alot about your so-called principles. Back when Mel's rant happened, many of my friends said "there ain't no way I'm going to see his movies anymore, his career is over." I said, "give it 2 months and you'll forget it even happened".

Guest JMT
i cant believe i actually went to see his movie after that crap

do you go to see woodey allen's movies? does the fact that he left his wife because he was banging his teenage adopted daughter bother you at all?

Guest Cosmigonon
i cant believe i actually went to see his movie after that crap

do you go to see woodey allen's movies? does the fact that he left his wife because he was banging his teenage adopted daughter bother you at all?

Exactly. Everybody does or says awful things all the time. If you started looking into everybody's trash, I don't think you'd be driving cars, drinking coke or any liquor, and so on...

Guest swirlundergrounder

we take things for granted every single day.

then we have children and we start asking ourselves what type of life they are going to have when we die.

it's sad and scary.

we need to be thankful for what we have in this country but also held responsible for what we have done to this world.

Hmmm. After reading this post, there is hope for you yet... ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

You need to also realize that the population is bigger than it was "back in the day".... I'm willing to bet that the ratio between population and murders or what have you then is pretty much the same as it is now. Add to that that you hear about it a helluva lot more 'cause of how connected we are as a society.

If you're going to go thru life boohooing about all the shitty stuff happening, you're not doing yourself any favors. Look at the positives. Try to make a difference somehow yourself. Otherwise, might as well slit your wrists now. [please do not take that literally]

Good point. Before the year 1900 there was only 1 Billion people on Earth. The population of the world has grown 5.5 Billion since then.

Crazy to think that it took several eons for the human population to reach 1 Billion people and in the last 100+ years it grew as much as it did.

On top of that, information spreads much more faster these days than it used to.

Plus negativity sells in the media, that's why you always hear about the bad that people do and you seldom hear about the good that people do.

Take ABC news for example. You hear 1 weeks worth of bad stuff from them and then at the end of the week they have a segment called 'Person Of The Week' which is like 5 minutes long..

I believe as much evil as there is in the world, there is more good.

That's hard to see becasue it is human nature to favor negative impressions. Those are the ones that stick to us the most.

Think of it this way. If there was more evil in the world than good, then the world would be in utter chaos.

Ultimetly people want to live in peace. Sometimes though their means of achieving that peace is not the most agreeable way and that's what makes headlines!

What can you do?

Just be a good person. And about bringing kids into a fucked up world..

..well as a loving parent, it is my job to make the world the best place possible for my child to grow up in. And I will teach my child these things and she will pass them on to the people who she has in her life. And hopefully that cycle will continue for a long, long time...

It's definetly easy to get depressed and down on the world. But doing nothing about changing the status quo and watching the world unfold around you without taking part in it, is far worse in my opinion then doing evil.

Guest Slide On The Ice

On that note, constant negativity really irks me.

I feel you Lula. I used to manage photo labs and all we did all day long was deal with negatives. We didn't process slides so there were no positives in the work place. ::)

Guest pod

groan...

hehe on the contrary when I did time in a lab it was mostly E6 and digital.

/former lightjet tech

//former frontier 370 tech

///spoiled me, all inkjets suck in comparison.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Well, I'm a dinosaur. My lab days go back before digital began taking off.

But I did get to use some wicket digital even with negatives. The Fuji Frontier for one, the Noritsu 3311 and 2611, Noritsu 2301, ect.

Guest pod

I printed shit out all the time when I ran a 370. I had just switched from shooting film to digital so it was grand. Only thing was shoehorning a color management system into the works was quite frustrating.

Never worked with Noritsus but we have some stuff on our wall here at the HQ off of a 3311 and it holds up well.

Guest JMT

I feel you Lula. I used to manage photo labs and all we did all day long was deal with negatives. We didn't process slides so there were no positives in the work place. ::)

how much joke material did the word "negative" give you while you worked there?

Guest Slide On The Ice

I printed shit out all the time when I ran a 370. I had just switched from shooting film to digital so it was grand. Only thing was shoehorning a color management system into the works was quite frustrating.

Never worked with Noritsus but we have some stuff on our wall here at the HQ off of a 3311 and it holds up well.

Well except for the 3311, nothing beats a Frontier, imo. The bitch about the Frontier is a design flaw that caused occassional paper jams in the dryer section, which happened at all the Frontiers in my company when I worked there. The chemical reloading is fantastic though. After years of manually mixiing chem bottles with water in the Noritsu replenisher tanks, being about to open a box and tip the whole box into the replenishment cavity of the Frontier (plastic bottles inside the boxes were designed to simply pour into the tubes, with each box containing all the chemicals which were premixed and measured to all run out at the same time...for those outside of Pod not familiar with the Fontier) was a big time and mess saver.

And printing photo prints (photo paper and chemicals) from digital media was fast for its time (I first got the Frontier in '99) and high quality too. The print quality was the best I'd seen before or since. The 3311 rocks too but it uses Kodak paper and chemistry (or at least that's what we used at Eckerd for the Noritsu equiment, though you can use any chemistry actually), and in my personal and professional opinion, both Fuji film, paper, and chemistry are better. Eh, I said both. You know what I meant.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Do you remember the Simpson's episode in the old age home when somebody said a joke and all the old people cracked up...5 seconds later he said it again and they cracked up again...and 5 seconds later...? Constantly. And every customer I siad it too laughed because it was the first time they'd heard it. Just like almost every single day some guy came in and asked me if I saw the movie One Hour Photo, thinking they were the first person who ever asked me that. But you know, that's how things develope when you work in an environment like that. ;D

Guest pod

I'm a Fuji whore all the way. When I shot film, I bought Fuji in bulk. Usually a mix so I wasn't scrambling if I needed something specific. NPC, NPZ made up the bulk of what I had. If I needed prints it was Crystal Archive all the way. Last time I touched a Frontier, they just intro'd a new emulsion. I remember having to install some new lookup tables for it. I remember when I took the course in Edison and my favorite part was when they showed us that there was no mixing needed under normal circumstances.

Me being the technically curious sort, I pretty much became my own tech support for the machine since I hated waiting on hold.

The new 500-series ones are great. They print 12" wide, which would have been a godsend when I was doing this. A lot of pros wanted 11" x 14" prints for their books, and we had to farm it out to someone with a LightJet to do it. A LightJet is overkill for 12" prints unless you're printing in bulk.

Guest JMT

Do you remember the Simpson's episode in the old age home when somebody said a joke and all the old people cracked up...5 seconds later he said it again and they cracked up again...and 5 seconds later...? Constantly. And every customer I siad it too laughed because it was the first time they'd heard it. Just like almost every single day some guy came in and asked me if I saw the movie One Hour Photo, thinking they were the first person who ever asked me that. But you know, that's how things develope when you work in an environment like that. ;D

;D

Guest swank

Quote from: pod on December 13, 2006, 06:50:33 PM

Well except for the 3311, nothing beats a Frontier, imo. The bitch about the Frontier is a design flaw that caused occassional paper jams in the dryer section, which happened at all the Frontiers in my company when I worked there. The chemical reloading is fantastic though. After years of manually mixiing chem bottles with water in the Noritsu replenisher tanks, being about to open a box and tip the whole box into the replenishment cavity of the Frontier (plastic bottles inside the boxes were designed to simply pour into the tubes, with each box containing all the chemicals which were premixed and measured to all run out at the same time...for those outside of Pod not familiar with the Fontier) was a big time and mess saver.

And printing photo prints (photo paper and chemicals) from digital media was fast for its time (I first got the Frontier in '99) and high quality too. The print quality was the best I'd seen before or since. The 3311 rocks too but it uses Kodak paper and chemistry (or at least that's what we used at Eckerd for the Noritsu equiment, though you can use any chemistry actually), and in my personal and professional opinion, both Fuji film, paper, and chemistry are better. Eh, I said both. You know what I meant.

I'm a Fuji whore all the way. When I shot film, I bought Fuji in bulk. Usually a mix so I wasn't scrambling if I needed something specific. NPC, NPZ made up the bulk of what I had. If I needed prints it was Crystal Archive all the way. Last time I touched a Frontier, they just intro'd a new emulsion. I remember having to install some new lookup tables for it. I remember when I took the course in Edison and my favorite part was when they showed us that there was no mixing needed under normal circumstances.

Me being the technically curious sort, I pretty much became my own tech support for the machine since I hated waiting on hold.

The new 500-series ones are great. They print 12" wide, which would have been a godsend when I was doing this. A lot of pros wanted 11" x 14" prints for their books, and we had to farm it out to someone with a LightJet to do it. A LightJet is overkill for 12" prints unless you're printing in bulk.

Ok....first of all...please speak RPL (regular people language) and second of all....get a room you two :P

Guest pod

Hah, we kinda went off there. I vaguely remember Slide mentioning something about running a lab at one point, always meant to pick his brain.

Guest Slide On The Ice
Ok....first of all...please speak RPL (regular people language) and second of all....get a room you two

:D

Hah, we kinda went off there. I vaguely remember Slide mentioning something about running a lab at one point, always meant to pick his brain.

Here you go, pick away. ;D

Brain.jpg

Here's my brain when I'm feeling enlightened:

BrainEnlightened.jpg

Guest Slide On The Ice

God, hundreds, thousands, who knows how many in my brain. But if you look at my gut you'd think even more than I quoted.

BTW, as we speak I'm starting a new thread about photo. You'll see it in a few minutes.