Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Area 51?

Guest opticpr

Guest opticpr

Hi.. yes I am a newbie.. but have been around Miami for a bit.

So.....

Anyway I was curious about this place now called Area 51... All I know is it is huge and I am just wondering why such a large place isnt being taken advantage. Sort of a shame! I heard a lot of talk about it and then it just sort of faded. So whats up with this place?

Please no bashing.. I am just trying to get sme honest opinions on the place.

.. also noticed the banner.. Cool to see Shine doing NYE!... Miami will be great on the 31st.. lots going on!

Guest myles hie

Hi.. yes I am a newbie.. but have been around Miami for a bit.

So.....

Anyway I was curious about this place now called Area 51... All I know is it is huge and I am just wondering why such a large place isnt being taken advantage. Sort of a shame! I heard a lot of talk about it and then it just sort of faded. So whats up with this place?

Please no bashing.. I am just trying to get sme honest opinions on the place.

.. also noticed the banner.. Cool to see Shine doing NYE!... Miami will be great on the 31st.. lots going on!

imo, its just to damn big. The only way to fill it is multiple events/parties going on in different rooms but then its a clusterfuck. It's too warehouse to be a Space or Nocturnal etc, and it doesn't have enough identity to pack itself. Its perfect for some super rave/event but how often can that happen? The name Area 51 is lame too IMO sounds like they are storing dead aliens there. I do like the "Arena" name though..

honestly.. the place just gives me the creeps. in my opinion.. its the same exact club that metropolis was... it seems they havent really changed anything except for the name.

i just find it funny how Area 51 uses images from past events (before they were even opened) and how they photoshop the image to make it look like it was one of their events on their website LOL - That's some real shady shit right there.

LOL_AREA41.JPG

Guest hiram

honestly.. the place just gives me the creeps. in my opinion.. its the same exact club that metropolis was... it seems they havent really changed anything except for the name.

i just find it funny how Area 51 uses images from past events (before they were even opened) and how they photoshop the image to make it look like it was one of their events on their website LOL - That's some real shady shit right there.

LOL_AREA41.JPG

i knew that pic looked familiar. what space event was that?

Guest LeVeL

LOL_AREA41.JPG

i knew that pic looked familiar. what space event was that?

that was Spacefest, I think 2002

Guest Melo8

I went last friday :-\ It was pretty lame.. They changed the rooms a lil bit.. They're like themed. Kinda wierd parting in a room with a moose head on the wall & furniture from back in the day before my mom was even born. :-\ Its sad b/c its a really big space..I didn't like it before when it was metropolis & i like it even less now! They need to be different. They're never going to be space. Not that theres anything wrong with that. But not enough promoters or ideas to make it work.

Guest myles hie

LOL_AREA41.JPG

Shenangians!

Guest pod

Actually it was Spacefest. Mekka was the original sponsor of the event, but they cancelled out of it, and Space went to bat to bring whom they could out of the lineup in. I had a lot of fun there actually.

Actually it was Spacefest. Mekka was the original sponsor of the event, but they cancelled out of it, and Space went to bat to bring whom they could out of the lineup in. I had a lot of fun there actually.

Yes you are right! We hung out together with your friend from Australia and my boys from St Louis :)

Guest hiram

who played there?? this was before my time..i had just graduated 8th grade lol

who played there?? this was before my time..i had just graduated 8th grade lol

wow i feel old now :( lol

we got there right after Oakenfold.. we wanted to hear Bunny from Rabbit in the Moon and he TORE SHIT UP. He was awesome... awesome.. awesome.

We never made it inside space.... the fire marshalls wouldn't let anyone else in since it was at capacity.. so we hung out right in front of the stage...

There was a hip hop tent / area as well. I remember throwing up when i walked through it next to the wall. LOL LOL

Guest Melo8

Hmm a Moosehead.. thats what I would expect in a bar in Canada.. LOL

Well I am slowly understanding all this.. seems to me like they might mean well but havent the proper promotional and management team in there?

Once again... shame it is a big space!!! Hows the sound?

The sounds actually great! Then again the sound has never been the problem... I give them kudos for trying to change it a lil w/ the themed rooms. I actually had a good time but thats b/c of the people I went with. The music's great but there wasn't enough people.. it was empty. They need promoters like Right Away! Or else its doomed

Guest Shadeone

i like the idea of themed rooms.. perhaps they will contact the management team of the old paragon! That club was all themed rooms....

the old paragon! wow! now that was a dope spot. I remember going to alot of Fever parties there. 8)

Guest james stratus

I do believe it is the same ownership and the name hasn't really changed. 103.5 continues to call it Metropolis for there Saturday or Sunday party, and since someone is paying for those adverts 3 months on since the supposed change over I'd say it is still the same. I went there once 6 months ago and I think that is enough. Gargoyles, Dragons, Moose heads, Wagon wheels etc... don't belong in a proper night club imo.

Guest Melo8

I do believe it is the same ownership and the name hasn't really changed. 103.5 continues to call it Metropolis for there Saturday or Sunday party, and since someone is paying for those adverts 3 months on since the supposed change over I'd say it is still the same. I went there once 6 months ago and I think that is enough. Gargoyles, Dragons, Moose heads, Wagon wheels etc... don't belong in a proper night club imo.

Actually its not the same owner. I met the new owner hes really nice. and I agree with what u said.. the wierd themed room kinda freaked me out. I dont see myself or any other house music lovers, dancing to "This is Miami" in that kinda of room :-\ But i feel bad b/c the new owner is really trying to fix it up. I wish him the best of luck! But one word of advice.. if your going to do a hip hop room.. dont make the entrance in the front.. It really made me feel like leaving when i first walked in & saw people having to stand up on a box to get checked for weapons. Kinda scary! Maybe u should try making the entrance for hip hop on the side of the club. Just a thought! ;D