Clubplanet Nightlife Community

American Media at it again

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

Hussein remained defiant to the end, arguing with guards and mocking Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr moments before he was hanged, a witness said Saturday.

The Iraqi government executed Hussein before dawn as punishment for his role in a massacre of his own people more than two decades before he was toppled by a U.S.-led invasion.

A video of the execution broadcast on Al-Iraqiya state television showed Hussein, dressed in a black overcoat, being led into a room by three masked guards. (Watch noose placed around Hussein's neck -- graphic content, viewer discretion advised )

A witness, Iraqi Judge Munir Haddad, said that one of the executioners told Hussein that the former dictator had destroyed Iraq, which sparked an argument that was joined by several government officials in the room.

As a noose was tightened around Hussein's neck, one of the executioners yelled "long live Muqtada al-Sadr," Haddad said, referring to the powerful anti-American Shiite religious leader.

Hussein, a Sunni, uttered one last phrase before he died, saying "Muqtada al-Sadr" in a mocking tone, according to Haddad's account.

The judge said Hussein appeared "totally oblivious to what was going on around him. I was very surprised. He was not afraid of death."

CNN.Com

---------

His last words were equally defiant.

“Down with the traitors, the Americans, the spies and the Persians.â€

The national security adviser in Iraq, Mowaffak al-Rubaie, asked him if he had any remorse or fear.

“No,†he said bluntly. “I am a militant and I have no fear for myself. I have spent my life in jihad and fighting aggression. Anyone who takes this route should not be afraid.â€

NY Times

--------

Now just a couple hours before every major paper was saying how he died broken... LOL.

Guest trancepriest

Coulda taken him down years ago.

Saddam Hussein was our man in the middle east... secularist. Now we have to deal with the true rulers of Iraq... Muqtada al Sadr and Iran. You think we have problems now... wait and see. December was the deadliest month in Iraq for U.S. troops. Deadliest month ever. Saddam Hussein was a fighter against radical Islam.

Guest trancepriest

Hussein deserved everything he got.. shame though that he wasnt also held accountable in a court of law for all the other atrocities he committed under his reign of terror

I feel the same way about Ariel Sharon. What did Saddam Hussein get? An honorable death? ;D Everyone has to die sooner or later... we gave this guy the biggest pulpit to make him a martyr. He died cursing us without a drop of fear. ;D

Guest Slide On The Ice

I saw the video of him being led to the noose, where his legs were dragging and he looked afraid. Without a drop of fear? I don't believe that for a second. He looked terrified to me.

Guest trancepriest

I saw the video of him being led to the noose, where his legs were dragging and he looked afraid. Without a drop of fear? I don't believe that for a second. He looked terrified to me.

The man died like a G. Perhaps you saw your own fear.

Guest Mattivi

Saddam Hussein was a kind, gentle, and benevolent human being who never hurt a fly, but he also had the nerves of a stuntman. allah bless his soul and im sure 40-50 virgins await him the afterlife :P ::)

Guest trancepriest

Saddam Hussein was a kind, gentle, and benevolent human being who never hurt a fly, but he also had the nerves of a stuntman. allah bless his soul and im sure 40-50 virgins await him the afterlife :P ::)

I'm quite sure he had enough virgins while he was alive. But you are right... the guy had nerves.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Coulda taken him down years ago.

Saddam Hussein was our man in the middle east... secularist. Now we have to deal with the true rulers of Iraq... Muqtada al Sadr and Iran. You think we have problems now... wait and see. December was the deadliest month in Iraq for U.S. troops. Deadliest month ever. Saddam Hussein was a fighter against radical Islam.

Iraq also kept Iran in check in the region for many years. Now Iran is going to be years ahead of Iraq as Iraq spends the next 2 decades rebuilding itself.

...As soon as the civil war ends that is which will probably continue for another 10 years at this rate...

Iran is now truly the most influential nation in the region..

Guest trancepriest

With the Shiites now in control of Iraq... Iraq is now just a part of Greater Iran. America spent hundreds of billions just to create one big fuck up in the middle east. Perhaps the strategy was to create regional instability ???