Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto @ Mansion

Guest AndyPandy7

Guest AndyPandy7

As already said in the Timo Maas thread, MANSION IS W@NK....Actually the club itself is really nice, good lasers and nice setting in general, but the 'VIP' set up ::)

When you're paying $40+ for a ticket you expect to be treated a little better than the 2nd class clubber you are in Mansion. When the retards in VIP feel the need to stand on their seats directly blocking the view of us 2nd rate clubbers where is security to call them down?

Fuck off Mansion!

As for Tiesto - poor show in my opinion, no real flow and for the most part it sounded awful, not helped by the sound of some Idiot banging an ice bucket on the balcony. All in all a sh1te night, expensive drinks, awful crowd, poor set.....a set that saw Tiesto with his back to the main crowd for pretty much the entire 3 hours, I guess more interested in pleasing the 50 or so muppets that probably paid a few thousand $ to touch him on stage ::)

4/10

As already said in the Timo Maas thread, MANSION IS W@NK....Actually the club itself is really nice, good lasers and nice setting in general, but the 'VIP' set up ::)

When you're paying $40+ for a ticket you expect to be treated a little better than the 2nd class clubber you are in Mansion. When the retards in VIP feel the need to stand on their seats directly blocking the view of us 2nd rate clubbers where is security to call them down?

Fuck off Mansion!

As for Tiesto - poor show in my opinion, no real flow and for the most part it sounded awful, not helped by the sound of some Idiot banging an ice bucket on the balcony. All in all a sh1te night, expensive drinks, awful crowd, poor set.....a set that saw Tiesto with his back to the main crowd for pretty much the entire 3 hours, I guess more interested in pleasing the 50 or so muppets that probably paid a few thousand $ to touch him on stage ::)

4/10

money talks... do u mean to tell me that you goto a club to stare at the dj all night? ??? who the fuck cares if u can see the dj or not? in my opinion, those that paid several hundred compared to your $40 should be able to do anything they want to over you. Maybe one day you can get the vip and stand on your seat in front of the "general population." Def something you should save up for down the road.

As for his set.. i heard it wasnt bad at all.. and this was coming from my trance head friends ... but i guess my friends were too busy trying to have fun and picking up bitches instead of crying about how they couldnt eyeball the dj all night.

Guest AndyPandy7

Yeah nice 1 gimp, 'picking up bitches'....get a grip you fucktard, I prefer a view of the dj than a view of some piss heads sweaty arse. Your gimp friends probably would'nt even be able to tell you who was spinning lastnight, I go to clubs for the music, not to pick up bitches and not to pay a fortune for a dj who a few years back I was seeing sping at cream/Godskitchen to real ravers and not plastic sex cases luring 16 year olds into 'VIP' ::)

Get back to losing your virginity you gimp.

Guest pod

Dandy Andy The Randy Pandy,

What I think my friend ICON is getting at is that at the end of the night in this town, it is most definitely not about the music in the top quality venues. People may or may not know or care who is playing, it isn't a cardinal sin.

Is that a bad thing? Certainly not. People have different ideas about what is fun. To me, fun is going out, drinking, shooting, and hanging with people who may or may not be my friends. I prefer to do that in venues with class sound and lighting arrays, where the DJ may or may not be the focal point. For me it is about the overall party, which the DJ is only a part of.

Frankly, I'd rather be at a venue where people are interacting and having fun, rather than jacking off in front of the booth trying to spot each track DJ Stick lays down.

Guest AndyPandy7

I guess theres just a breakdown in culture here, I'm from the Uk, and used to an atmosphere totaly different from that at Mansion. I guess a real rave atmosphere as aposed to a blag drink fuelled mess that attracts the likes of Icon in his vague search to get his end away.

For the record no I'm not gay, my girlfriend who's American was in attendance lastnight and shared my views, try escaping Miami and venture to Europe to see what a real club night is all about....actually Icon, please dont, we can do without bell ends like you in Europe. ::)

Frankly, I'd rather be at a venue where people are interacting and having fun, rather than jacking off in front of the booth trying to spot each track DJ Stick lays down.

Comment of the year so far and it's only the 3rd day of 2007!

For fucks sake... if im in a club, and cant see because people are standing on their seats dancing.. i would move... unless mansion is strict with where u stand.. if i remember correctly (and i havent been to mansion in a while).. when you bought your ticket.. was there an assigned box number on your ticket stating where you had to stand all night? is it like a Heat game where you are assigned a seat? I simply cant remember.

LOL

I guess theres just a breakdown in culture here, I'm from the Uk, and used to an atmosphere totaly different from that at Mansion. I guess a real rave atmosphere as aposed to a blag drink fuelled mess that attracts the likes of Icon in his vague search to get his end away.

For the record no I'm not gay, my girlfriend who's American was in attendance lastnight and shared my views, try escaping Miami and venture to Europe to see what a real club night is all about....actually Icon, please dont, we can do without bell ends like you in Europe. ::)

There is a lot more to life then clubbing and music... see.. for me.. i have far more things to worry about in my life then if DJ XYZ plays well or not.. for me.. i could give a fuck... like pod said.. if the party was good.. then it was a good night... and the dj is what HELPS make the party good. I have been to many parties where the dj ripped the room in half.. but the crowd and atmosphere sucked... doesnt mean i had a fun night. I work my ass off all week and want to have fun when i go out.. not stick my head up some djs ass all night.

For the ones that sit there jerking off to the dj and trying to id every song into their palm pilot.. instead, go out on the floor and try to pick up a piece of ass one night.. i guarantee you it will be a lot better experience for you.

By the way.. i have no desire to ever goto Europe.. im happy right here in the States... so u dont have shit to worry about.

Guest pod

Oh totally. Different rules apply over here. DJ Culture enjoyed it's heyday in Miami from like 99-04, and has been undergoing what I call a change since then.

People are aware of the DJ, certainly. If you asked around Mansion last night, anyone could have told you Tijs was on the decks. What track he was playing, they probably didn't know. But they could tell you he was there. Or like across the bridge at Space. On any given night, most of the crowd could tell you who is on.

Where DJ culture falls in this town is now that most venue owners and promoters see the DJ as part of the greater whole, one part of the pie that makes the evening. Now, people show up to a party with a star DJ, because they know it is gonna be a good party. The club owners, promoters, and star DJs make a specific kind of party, and people will show based on that. For example, when Deep Dish is on the decks at Space, people show up en masse, since they know that the party is gonna have a great soundtrack, and go well into the afternoon the next day. Or when PvD plays, it's gonna be a massive treat of epic music and insane visuals, dancers, etc. In other words, production. People know star DJs are part of a production of sorts. Aside from a rabid few, most people aren't worshipping the DJ these days. They know he or she is important, but their emphasis is on enjoying themselves, be it with their friends, or trying to hook up. You're stuck with a girlfriend in a closed relationship, so I can understand if you find "the game" distasteful. I'm out in a working capacity, so I tend to not even bother with the game. But if someone is out for the game? So be it.

Guest AndyPandy7

They werent dancing on their seats, simply standing on their seats, I did move but the place was packed...I just felt it a little ignorant and uncalled for. The fact I'm not the only one critisising the place on here makes it clear to me that anyone remotely into the scene feels the same way.

I guess I should be laughing at the Idiots who paid a fortune for the same view I've been paying $10 for at Tiesto shows over the last 7 years.

Good luck in your quest to lose the V Icon....something tells me you'll need it. ;)

Good luck in your quest to lose the V Icon....something tells me you'll need it. ;)

thanks.. and in the mean time... good luck trying to do the reach around with your $10 dj.. you will def need help with that since you failed miserably last night. Word of advise... dont come on message boards complaining that t he dj didnt wink at you all night ok.

cheers mate.

Guest AndyPandy7

Oh totally. Different rules apply over here. DJ Culture enjoyed it's heyday in Miami from like 99-04, and has been undergoing what I call a change since then.

People are aware of the DJ, certainly. If you asked around Mansion last night, anyone could have told you Tijs was on the decks. What track he was playing, they probably didn't know. But they could tell you he was there. Or like across the bridge at Space. On any given night, most of the crowd could tell you who is on.

Where DJ culture falls in this town is now that most venue owners and promoters see the DJ as part of the greater whole, one part of the pie that makes the evening. Now, people show up to a party with a star DJ, because they know it is gonna be a good party. The club owners, promoters, and star DJs make a specific kind of party, and people will show based on that. For example, when Deep Dish is on the decks at Space, people show up en masse, since they know that the party is gonna have a great soundtrack, and go well into the afternoon the next day. Or when PvD plays, it's gonna be a massive treat of epic music and insane visuals, dancers, etc. In other words, production. People know star DJs are part of a production of sorts. Aside from a rabid few, most people aren't worshipping the DJ these days. They know he or she is important, but their emphasis is on enjoying themselves, be it with their friends, or trying to hook up. You're stuck with a girlfriend in a closed relationship, so I can understand if you find "the game" distasteful. I'm out in a working capacity, so I tend to not even bother with the game. But if someone is out for the game? So be it.

I see, a reasoned point that explains alot.....given the choice I'd opt for European clubland over here everytime. We have clubs in the uk to hook up with girls or just get wrecked where the dj is only part of the party, I was into them when I was 16/17/18 years old. I like to think I've grown up since then and although I dont record the tracklist or jack off to the dj I appreciate the music and treat going to see dj's as more of a concert experience than a drink fuelled sex mission.

Each to their own though!

Guest pod

That's the idea. You're really gonna have to look hard to find sizable venues around these parts where the bulk of the crowd is genuinely into the music. And if you do, ask them what they think when the drugs wear off. The little places tend to be music-head meccas, but the trade off is usually in the quality of the facilities, that sort of thing. No offense guys, but they're called holes in the wall for a reason. (Little background Mr. Pandy, I'm a hardcore tech-geek so I tend to stare at lighting consoles and amp racks when in a nightclub.)

The board here is a mix of trainspotters, people like me who are aware of the DJ and can maybe spot a few tracks, people just out for the hook-up, and people just out for a good time, who don't care who the DJ is, aren't really too focused on the hookup, and are even ambivalent to the venue itself.

The "mad-for-it" DJ culture was a fad here at best.

Guest deprivation

I thought the show was pretty good and had a good time, but not my favorite Tiesto show and I've seen him several times. He played mostly prog house, trance, classics with new remixes, and Tiesto classics.

As for the crowd, I thought was pretty good too with some hot women. I don't like the setup at Mansion either with the bottle service up front. It doesn't work well at a show like Tiesto. But, I understand that's how the club makes their money and allow acts like Tiesto to play.

Plus, not all the people were there to see Tiesto. I spoke to a couple of people that were just out on a Tuesday to have fun.

Guest dre4

I see, a reasoned point that explains alot.....given the choice I'd opt for European clubland over here everytime. We have clubs in the uk to hook up with girls or just get wrecked where the dj is only part of the party, I was into them when I was 16/17/18 years old. I like to think I've grown up since then and although I dont record the tracklist or jack off to the dj I appreciate the music and treat going to see dj's as more of a concert experience than a drink fuelled sex mission.

Each to their own though!

as opposed to the ecstasy fueled sex mission in the uk. the clubs there are totally gross. i don't have a problem with people getting hammered or doing drugs, but the level it's on in the uk is just disgusting. clubbers walking around yelling "3 for tenner" and shaking; just total crackheads. on the other hand, many of those clubs play great music. the model and bottle scene is just as pretentious and flashy if not more in the uk. mansion and other venues in the us are no different. i've been clubbing in the us and in europe, and in the end it's the party and the company that matters. one place isn't better than the other. so relax mate and try to have fun in any situation. i think tiesto is terrible as a dj, but i've had an awesome time everytime i've seen him.

Guest pod

Hear hear. It has been my soapbox for the past few weeks or so. Even though I'm not a trainspotter per se, I have been around and worked with enough DJs to know the difference between someone who has the skill at doing it, and someone who overmodulates the sound system and their mixes sound like stones in a clothes dryer.

Tiësto can mix and put two tracks together, but no better or worse than 40753953975 other DJs out there. His key is in his ability as a showman and his shows being a production. Hell, didn't he admit in some interview that he knows he's not the best technical DJ? He knows he's an element of the overall party, not the sole element of the party. Most DJs who play the best parties know that. They know they're the soundtrack to the evening, not the sole reason of it.

And yeah, every scene has it's models-and-bottles contingent. Even in vaunted Ibiza it exists. Frankly it's what keeps a lot of venues economically viable, since the hardcore music contingent tends not to spend a lot of money.

Guest AndyPandy7

I hear ya, I guess I can see it from your point of view now...as for the uk club scene being disgusting, a bit harsh....I doubt dj's like Tiesto would exist if it was'nt for the drug fuelled club scene where they started out spinning.

Space seems a little closer to what I'm used to back home, and I'd hazzard a guess a full patio at 9/10am onwards is'nt fuelled by drink ???

Guest frankthetank

This is why you failed to see the show you expected.

Most importantly...Tiesto is way overpriced. Secondly, you went to see trance at Mansion.

Guest ANARCHYP

wow...all this over tiesto..this is like third grade...you the one...no you the one....but you smell and you still the one...yea well...

you get the point...lets move on