Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need lunch suggestions in Brickell...

Guest macboy

Guest lulamishka

Tabacco Road

Archies

Finnegans on the River

I forgot about Tobacco Road! They have some yummy sandwiches! And I like their caeser salad, too. Vegetarians, take note... they have a sandwich there called The Eutopian...and WOW is it good!

Archie's in Brickell gets a thumbs DOWN from me. Been there twice. Service SUCKS and I once got spagetti & meat sauce that was UNDERcooked. I had the waiter take it back and they just threw the same spagetti & meat sauce back on the stove for a bit and brought it back to me. I didn't bother eating it and settled for what was left of my coworkers' pizza. I didn't want to risk getting sick off that undercooked meat.

Finnegans gets a thumbs up from me... I've been on a Friday night, but never during lunch hour. Food was much better than I had expected for a place like that. Would definitely eat there again.

Guest lulamishka

If you want some good sushi, I recommend Indochine. It's in the same shopping area as Tobacco Road. Same parking lot. Good schtuff!

Guest Seb

Tabacco Road

Archies

Finnegans on the River

I forgot about Tobacco Road! They have some yummy sandwiches! And I like their caeser salad, too. Vegetarians, take note... they have a sandwich there called The Eutopian...and WOW is it good!

Archie's in Brickell gets a thumbs DOWN from me. Been there twice. Service SUCKS and I once got spagetti & meat sauce that was UNDERcooked. I had the waiter take it back and they just threw the same spagetti & meat sauce back on the stove for a bit and brought it back to me. I didn't bother eating it and settled for what was left of my coworkers' pizza. I didn't want to risk getting sick off that undercooked meat.

Finnegans gets a thumbs up from me... I've been on a Friday night, but never during lunch hour. Food was much better than I had expected for a place like that. Would definitely eat there again.

ya Tabacco road has a nice special on Thursday too, you get a New York Strip mean including salad for only $12!! and the steak ranks up there with any quality steak house, I was pleasantly surprised. As for Archies I'm shocked you had such a bad experience. They've been pretty consistent for me. Service was average but the food is great. They have a nice Salmon in Shrimp sauce that I always get. Also its at the bottom of my building so you can't beat the convenience.

Guest lulamishka

Tabacco Road

Archies

Finnegans on the River

ya Tabacco road has a nice special on Thursday too, you get a New York Strip mean including salad for only $12!! and the steak ranks up there with any quality steak house, I was pleasantly surprised. As for Archies I'm shocked you had such a bad experience. They've been pretty consistent for me. Service was average but the food is great. They have a nice Salmon in Shrimp sauce that I always get. Also its at the bottom of my building so you can't beat the convenience.

Trust me, I was shocked at how bad it was both times I was there, as I have been to the Archie's in Coral Gables a couple times and had no issues whatsoever. But a couple months ago the Coral Gables location was featured in Channel 10's Dirty Dining report for rodent activity and whatnot... sooo I will be thinking twice before going back there again. LoL.

Guest Ariel

La Estacion on 13th and Brickell i believe, building north of Novecento. It's Colombian food and for $9 you'll get an incredible homestyle cooked meal.

Inside the Ambassador, theres a market where they sell food, plus theres a smaller deli/restaurant where they sell food as well. great prices.

Deli Lane, Novecento, Gordon Birsch, Pasha...

Guest Clauds

La Estacion on 13th and Brickell i believe, building north of Novecento. It's Colombian food and for $9 you'll get an incredible homestyle cooked meal.

Inside the Ambassador, theres a market where they sell food, plus theres a smaller deli/restaurant where they sell food as well. great prices.

Deli Lane, Novecento, Gordon Birsch, Pasha...

I work right across from that Colombian place you're talking about, La Estacion and let me tell you...it isn't that great. My co-worker got sick from eating their beef stew. So did the lady where I get my manicures/pedicures. So no, I don't recommend it at all.

Deli Lane is pretty good. But I gotta say, I eat Pasha's more often. PF Chang's is always a great idea. Making reservations beforehand is ideal.

Another place that I like a lot even though it isn't necessarily in Brickell is Tutto Pasta. It really isn't that far from Brickell Avenue. This is their address: 1751 SW 3rd Ave. I highly recommend it.

Guest Seb

Is there a long wait like the ones in the malls?

Call ahead and make a reservation. ;)

i thought pf changs don't do reservations...well at least the one that i lived closed to in winter park/orlando didnt...not sure if they r all like that.

I think you're right

Guest lulamishka

i thought pf changs don't do reservations...well at least the one that i lived closed to in winter park/orlando didnt...not sure if they r all like that.

I think you're right

Don't question my knowledge!! :P :P

I know for fact that the PF Chang's at The Falls takes reservations. It's written on the entrance door. Reservations Accepted or whatever. And as for the Brickell location, I had lunch there the day it opened (lol) and made a reservation.

At The Falls location it wasn't always written on the door, though. About a year or so ago they accepted call-ahead seating, but never really made it a public thing... if you asked, they would do it. Then they stopped doing it altogether. And now that sign is on the door at The Falls.

I can't speak for any other location, though... as those are the only PF Chang's locations I've ever been to.

Guest Seb

I think you're right

I know for fact that the PF Chang's at The Falls takes reservations. It's written on the entrance door. Reservations Accepted or whatever. And as for the Brickell location, I had lunch there the day it opened (lol) and made a reservation.

At The Falls location it wasn't always written on the door, though. About a year or so ago they accepted call-ahead seating, but never really made it a public thing... if you asked, they would do it. Then they stopped doing it altogether. And now that sign is on the door at The Falls.

I can't speak for any other location, though... as those are the only PF Chang's locations I've ever been to.

I stand corrected Lula :)

Guest lulamishka

I think you're right

I stand corrected Lula :)

;D :P :-*

• 4 weeks later...
Guest macboy

I was down in the Brickell area today and I noticed a new restaurant - Oceanaire Grill. Across the street from Perricone's. Has anyone been? The menu looks good. I think that's my next spot when I have to have lunch downtown.

Guest lulamishka

I was down in the Brickell area today and I noticed a new restaurant - Oceanaire Grill. Across the street from Perricone's. Has anyone been? The menu looks good. I think that's my next spot when I have to have lunch downtown.

I haven't been, but I believe it very, very recently opened.

Hooray for Mary Brickell Village!