Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Its official...ACOSTA and EDGAR V...residents.

Guest fucdup

Guest fucdup

Its official...ACOSTA and EDGER V...residents. We are officially the new Friday night at Spirits.

with George Acosta and Edgar V signed on as residents.

We will be also adding various guest DJ's along the way

please feel free to let us know who you might like to see along side George and Edgar.

We are open to suggestion.

Cheers

FD

Guest spinderella7713

I used to love Acosta, I think he is the one who actually got me into EDM. That damn Angel cries (or something like that) cd used to killlllll me. Why doesnt he ever come to Miami? I would think he still has enough fan base to make a party here.

Guest frankthetank

I used to love Acosta, I think he is the one who actually got me into EDM. That damn Angel cries (or something like that) cd used to killlllll me. Why doesnt he ever come to Miami? I would think he still has enough fan base to make a party here.

Probably because he makes more money out of town is my guess. Acosta was king at one point. Then after he came out with AM/PM he went downhill...FAST.

Guest spinderella7713

Probably because he makes more money out of town is my guess. Acosta was king at one point. Then after he came out with AM/PM he went downhill...FAST.

Do you remember him up in Cinti? Or Edgar V? They used to come alot!!!!

Guest frankthetank

Yeah we got Edgar to spin at Rumba (when I used to spin late nights there). Acosta at Electra. Good times.

Loved Edgar back in the day. It's been a long time since I have seen him spin.

Guest spinderella7713

Yeah we got Edgar to spin at Rumba (when I used to spin late nights there). Acosta at Electra. Good times.

Loved Edgar back in the day. It's been a long time since I have seen him spin.

I went to Rumba when Edgar was there......!!! lol that club was hilarious...

and I was working at Electra around the time Acosta was there. We have to know eachother damn it. lol

Guest spinderella7713

Edgar V opening for Gerorge Acosta in Panamá '01, one of the greatest parties I ever attended.

I tell you .....98-2001 were the best.....In my eyes trance was the beginning of all of this madness. Dont get me wrong, I love house, but the trance crowd had, and still does have a really nice vibe. Totally different experience.

Guest bootstah

Edgar V opening for Gerorge Acosta in Panamá '01, one of the greatest parties I ever attended.

I tell you .....98-2001 were the best.....In my eyes trance was the beginning of all of this madness. Dont get me wrong, I love house, but the trance crowd had, and still does have a really nice vibe. Totally different experience.

I agree, I think people are just afraid to actually acknowledge that they liked trance in a previous life, but like Minimal or electro trends change and music will sound different in a couple of years. Trance parties paved the way in a sense only because the scene was becoming a bit more accepted in the "real" world and underground parties had become a thing of the past. But in those days you had to watch out for flying glowsticks in the club ::)

Guest Cosmigonon

Oh, i still listen to Trance, thought mostly old trance, but I can only listen to it, can't party to it anymore... :-\

I agree, I think people are just afraid to actually acknowledge that they liked trance in a previous life, but like Minimal or electro trends change and music will sound different in a couple of years. Trance parties paved the way in a sense only because the scene was becoming a bit more accepted in the "real" world and underground parties had become a thing of the past. But in those days you had to watch out for flying glowsticks in the club ::)

i dont like electro...at least what ive heard down here, i cant listen to it...i gave it a chance but just can't listen to it no more.

i grew up w/ trance myself...Acosta back in DC was real good and prob still is im not sure since i moved down to florida back in 2000, but back in the mid-late 90s used to go see him all the time since i grew up w/ trance, than started going to see sasha, bad boy bill, and other genres, and eventually got a hold of steve lawler(back in the day), and tenaglia cd's...that was it...fell in love w/ house, which there wasnt much exposure as trance had up north in dc.

Guest bootstah

i dont like electro...at least what ive heard down here, i cant listen to it...i gave it a chance but just can't listen to it no more.

i grew up w/ trance myself...Acosta back in DC was real good and prob still is im not sure since i moved down to florida back in 2000, but back in the mid-late 90s used to go see him all the time since i grew up w/ trance, than started going to see sasha, bad boy bill, and other genres, and eventually got a hold of steve lawler(back in the day), and tenaglia cd's...that was it...fell in love w/ house, which there wasnt much exposure as trance had up north in dc.

yea true that's always another thing, it's all a matter of where you live as well. So many people here always talk shit about PVD and other trance dj's but I happen to know a lot of people who are still big trance heads in NYC I dont see a problem with liking it anymore but some of the dj's have just turned to cheese, no naming names here but just a bit of an insight.

Guest LeVeL

All you guys are putting down your past experiences when u saw these DJ's play but the million dollar question is...will you guys attend, will you guys go and spend money and have a good time in the process.

Writing down past experiences on a messageboard doesn't mean your going to go show support. People need to stop talking and start acting..show support.

Guest spinderella7713

All you guys are putting down your past experiences when u saw these DJ's play but the million dollar question is...will you guys attend' date=' will you guys go and spend money and have a good time in the process.

Writing down past experiences on a messageboard doesn't mean your going to go show support. People need to stop talking and start acting..show support.

[/quote']

Well I recall asking if he would ever be in Miami (I dont travel to ft. lauderdale to often)

Guest refresh

All you guys are putting down your past experiences when u saw these DJ's play but the million dollar question is...will you guys attend' date=' will you guys go and spend money and have a good time in the process.

[/quote']

Yet you do the EXACT same thing, what a freakin idiot!!!

Guest bootstah

lol!

Yea I don't go to these parties anymore but I'll have a listen to a trance cd once in a while. I've just never had a big appeal towards Acosta or Edgar V.

Guest LeVeL

All you guys are putting down your past experiences when u saw these DJ's play but the million dollar question is...will you guys attend, will you guys go and spend money and have a good time in the process.

Well I recall asking if he would ever be in Miami (I dont travel to ft. lauderdale to often)

Hey we cant always have it our way... :-\

Guest spinderella7713

[/quote']

Hey we cant always have it our way... :-\

but the answer is ....hell yeah I would come check him out.....in Miami.

Guest JMT

need to get dj santana out of tampa in there. the guy throws down some sich trance... as much as i dont care for that music.

i remember him visiting north florida back in 99-00.

Guest funky junkie

need to get dj santana out of tampa in there. the guy throws down some sich trance... as much as i dont care for that music.

There is not even a real scene for trance in miami of ft. lauderdale anymore unless you PVD or TIESTO.