Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I Poor?

Bling

Guest coach

Well, not to be mean, but it is all because of her 3 dogs. I admit, I am not really a pet person, though I love animals, in general. So, I may be more heartless than necessary when I say that it seems like the *logical* thing to do would have been to find new homes for the dogs rather than lose the decent job she had in PA.

Funny part is, I didn't realize this was a woman until the second scan.

Guest lulamishka

Well, not to be mean, but it is all because of her 3 dogs. I admit, I am not really a pet person, though I love animals, in general. So, I may be more heartless than necessary when I say that it seems like the *logical* thing to do would have been to find new homes for the dogs rather than lose the decent job she had in PA.

Funny part is, I didn't realize this was a woman until the second scan.

Reading that article gave me the feeling of suffocation. But yea, she should have ditched the dogs. Pets are expensive!! She needs to factor the $$ she's spending in order to keep her pets happy into all the other penny-pinching she's doing.

Guest Electric Eel

I thought the same thing. I have a dog and I know it would be hard to get rid of but by doing so she would give herself and her dogs a better life. Dogs are pretty expensive, especially when you are counting pennies.

Guest Devilicious

Either she's not very good at her work or she is in serious need of a career counselor. With all that experience she should have no problem getting another job, though she might have to relocate.

Guest lyrik

Either she's not very good at her work or she is in serious need of a career counselor. With all that experience she should have no problem getting another job, though she might have to relocate.

My thoughts exactly...but by 52 you would think you would have a clue.

Guest lulamishka

Another factor that MAY be contributing is that *qualified* oldER people are having a harder & harder time finding work. They're getting layed off and/or passed over for a younger buck with significantly less experience 'cause they're cheaper and don't use their insurance as often as the oldER crowd would.

Best example of this is my dad... and he's probably OVER qualified. Luckily, he's not as bad off as this woman is and knows how to budget/save better than anyone I know. Since as long as I can remember.

And he's not the only one I know in a situation like this. It's saddening.

Guest Devilicious

Another factor that MAY be contributing is that *qualified* oldER people are having a harder & harder time finding work. They're getting layed off and/or passed over for a younger buck with significantly less experience 'cause they're cheaper and don't use their insurance as often as the oldER crowd would.

I do understand that this is the case, and you're right it's unfortunate.

In this specific case however, she used to be a magazine editor. Those skills can be applied to almost any job in the communication arena! You just have to know how to take what you've done and tweak it so that your skills can be applied to whatever particular job you go after.

Guest lulamishka

In this specific case however, she used to be a magazine editor. Those skills can be applied to almost any job in the communication arena! You just have to know how to take what you've done and tweak it so that your skills can be applied to whatever particular job you go after.

In her case I absolutely agree. She just is way too attached to her damn animals. lol.

Guest coach

In her case I absolutely agree. She just is way too attached to her damn animals. lol.

Dayum! Ya'll're meaner than I am!