Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Lil Louie Vega @ Gryphon (WITH PICS!!!)

Bling

Once again Gryphon delivers. .. My favorite venue in South Florida...... Finito........

Place was PACKED with ridiculously fine women (i swear the only negative about Gryphon was the whiplash im suffering now from constantly checkin out the hotties all over the place.)

First off A HUGE THANKS TO MAYOR. Seriously, each and every time i go to Gryphon you go above and beyond to make my experience there a memorable one... From full access to VIP and the bar... thanks so much.... as always a class act.

Good to see lots of househeads about (mostly djs)

Richard Vasquez, John Julius Knight, Bruce and wife (obviously not DJ's), Sammy O (long time brotha), and David Solero (thanks for the drink.... very cool)... also Obby in the house celebrating a friend's Bachelor party.

So Funky Junction (Constantino was delivering what the typical Gryphon crowd enjoys.... a bit harder a bit more commerical rock/open format/house set

Though it wasnt my style, I must mention he played very well for that room and the crowd was very much into it.

Place was packed and everyone on the floor was dancing.... What more can you want from a DJ really?

That is one thing that I always respect about Gryphon as a venue. The management realizes that Ft. Lauderdale is a less music savvy crowd. Gryphon caters to that crowd in spades. The DJ's play for the crowd.... Each and every time i go there its packed... Smart moves IMHO.

In many ways, I do not believe that the venue was packed because it was Louie Vega. Gryphon is always about the venue. People go because the place just inundates you with visual and auditory bliss. From one of the best sound systems I have ever heard (your ears will never ring when you leave this place), to the lasers, Kryo, dancers, percussionists, its always ABOUT THE PARTY FIRST AT GRYPHON!!

Hell most of the people there had no clue who Louie Vega was (course us househeads that were there and made the trek over knew ;) )

As always, the professional Gryphon dancers and random hotties took to the podiums to display their dancing skills and wares ;)

Louie Vega started around 1:45

Typical Louie Vega set.... Mostly Tribal with a latin influence. Accompanying him were two fantastic percussionists most of the nite.

Louie had along with him his own FX machine and even switched out the Gryphon CDJ to bring in what he wanted. You know your hosting a Legendary DJ when this happens .

Though Louie didnt blow me away with his set. It was still very good. He had the crowd in a frenzy and he played very well.

I left around 3:30 when he dropped the track "Everybody"

From the sound system, visuals (mostly the women ;) ) fantastic time....

im still feelin it .......

GOOD TIMES........

PICS SOON

(PS FINALLY GOT MY PIC WITH LOUIE VEGA.....

oh yeah Mayor delivered as promised he provided me the women :) lol )

Oh yeah and WMC will def be invading Gryphon in case you all were wondering ;)

Guest miamihouse

Good to see you too Bling! Great party had by all.

Venue was packed, sound system sounded great. One of the percussionist was Luisito Quintero who is on Vega Records and just released a new album. Now this guy knows how to jam!! Also DJ Stringray jumped on the congas with Luis for a while. Everyone was definately feeling the music!

Can't wait to see the pics!

DJ David "El Maestro" Solero

Guest yume

Somehow I ended up at this party too (a bit drunk). This was my first stop at Gryphon, and I was def impressed. Vega never disappoints, and he played till 6am. I believe I danced non stop from the moment I got there. :)

Mayor and Constantino (Funky Junction)

17.jpg

20.jpg

Lil Louie Vega on decks

33.jpg

31.jpg

30.jpg

29.jpg

Random Pics and my drunk ass self

34.jpg

David "The Maestro" Solero

27.jpg

21.jpg

Swank in da house

43.jpg

Constantino and I

42.jpg

Shitfaced with Mayor

45.jpg

44.jpg

24.jpg

Lil Louie and Swank

25.jpg

;D

46.jpg

The one in black..... drool ;) Mayor is like the mailman ...HE DELIVERS :)

Guest Mayor

To all who showed last night, I personally want to thank you all as it was an amazing time

Bling-love the pics

Funny shit man

Thanks for the review

This was something that needed to happen at Gryphon and it opened the doors to many new things to come

As always - you guys rock!

;D

Guest VitaminSki

Yeah man... way to save the tastiest pic for last, yum..... sure it's on your myspace hours ago. Loiuie always brings in the tastiest of tasties! F'in jealous sitting here in the Arctic emps this week in J-Hole.... -23 now and manana it's going to warm up to 10.

Guest djrc

Def a great night with great sound from one of the godfathers of house. I must say the service in the upper vip area was the best. Amanda needs a big raise!!!! ;D I drove up from Homestead and would do so again! It was also nice meeting B-side face-face.

Guest swank

wza!

I had a great time at "Gryphon" as usual. I did not stay for the whole thing but the time that I spent was interesting. I enjoyed the crowd...I enjoyed the music, and I enjoyed seeing so many "cooljunkies" out of their usual Miami element.

As mentioned before this night was about the "party" and not too much about the dj....the reason I say this is because many of the patrons in the club might not all have known who "Vega" was but they did know that they were there to have a good time.

On a side note....he did BRING it! ;D I saw Colione and am still waiting for his review....they're always interesting.

Thanks to Delfo,Mayor,Contantino, Julian, and Frenchie for your hospitality...always classy stuff.

cheers!

wza!

I had a great time at "Gryphon" as usual. I did not stay for the whole thing but the time that I spent was interesting. I enjoyed the crowd...I enjoyed the music, and I enjoyed seeing so many "cooljunkies" out of their usual Miami element.

As mentioned before this night was about the "party" and not too much about the dj....the reason I say this is because many of the patrons in the club might not all have known who "Vega" was but they did know that they were there to have a good time.

On a side note....he did BRING it! ;D I saw Colione and am still waiting for his review....they're always interesting.

Thanks to Delfo,Mayor,Contantino, Julian, and Frenchie for your hospitality...always classy stuff.

cheers!

man i have yet to meet colione :(