Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tampa vs. Miami (MIAMI HAS SERIOUS COMPETITION NOW)

Im trying to decide on which event to attend. I can either goto the biggest club in Tampa or stay here at home in Miami.

TAMPA'S AMPHITHEATER NIGHTCLUB PRESENTS LIGHTS OUT PARTY:

Lights go completely out every 30 minutes starting at midnight until close. So don't forget your glow sticks and cell phones to walk around.

http://www.amphitheaterybor.com/theme.html

MIAMI'S TWILO PRESENTS LIGHTS OUT PARTY:

http://lightsoutmiami.com/

... and people in Miami say we have it bad. please. ::)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tru1

Hey,

knock them all you want but the guys that own amphitheater are pretty darn good nightclub operators. They have been in business for years and turn a healthy and steady profit. That is pretty rare in the club biz.

Guest pod

Operating expenses must be much much lower out there. Ya gotta close by when, 2? So your payroll is like half of what Space or someone is pulling.

Guest spacecadet

Operating expenses must be much much lower out there. Ya gotta close by when, 2? So your payroll is like half of what Space or someone is pulling.

But most people in those area start off the party ealier too

Guest mr. wilkins

Hey,

knock them all you want but the guys that own amphitheater are pretty darn good nightclub operators. They have been in business for years and turn a healthy and steady profit. That is pretty rare in the club biz.

there is only 1 venue in Tampa thats been around for 11 years under the same owner... one of the longest running (same owners) venues in the US...

and its NOT The Amp..

Guest ramon

Paradise +1

not only for the music but from what people tell me the venue is awesome after its renovation

it will be one of the best venues in the south east after renovation from what i heard.

Guest ramon

Riiiight.

they bring in great talent month in and month out , they great beer on tap for reasonable prices and a vibe that is unmattched. a trip up there every couple of months reminds me why i love this music so much. chris has created an atmosphere where any guest can come in and feel at home and do their thing.

Guest Mattivi

Riiiight.

they bring in great talent month in and month out , they great beer on tap for reasonable prices and a vibe that is unmattched. a trip up there every couple of months reminds me why i love this music so much. chris has created an atmosphere where any guest can come in and feel at home and do their thing.

hoo-rah!!!!

Mons Venus. 8)

+1

as much as i like scarlett's house nights, the women just don't compare to mons venus.

Russ does the main room floor still rotates at amp? lolz

Personally I wouldn't do either one, Steve Lawler doesn't do much for me anymore...i understand when a dj moves from one genre to multi genres to make a living or be cool, but to me what it comes down to is the music and growing up w/ steve lawler back in the day and listening to his earlier in the day stuff like late 90s & early 2000's tribal sets was just killer...now he just plays what everyone else plays which is mostly progressive and electro. I don't hate those 2 genres but when I think Steve Lawler those 2 genres don't come to mind.

Besides I can just listen to a miami local dj if I want to hear electro or progressive and i know i will have a good time.

Guest Mattivi

listen guys, tampa is a fun place to visit every once in awhile. the booze is relativley cheap, there are sluts everywhere, and the beaches are beautiful. its a good place to go get drunk, shoot the shit with your homies, and try to score a peice of patch. but if its great music u disire ur options are limited, and thats not what tampa is about. so go to tampa and hop on your buddies boat with some frisky girls, a keg, and tan ur ass. ;D