Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tampa vs. Miami (MIAMI HAS SERIOUS COMPETITION NOW)

listen guys, tampa is a fun place to visit every once in awhile. the booze is relativley cheap, there are sluts everywhere, and the beaches are beautiful. its a good place to go get drunk, shoot the shit with your homies, and try to score a peice of patch. but if its great music u disire ur options are limited, and thats not what tampa is about. so go to tampa and hop on your buddies boat with some frisky girls, a keg, and tan ur ass. ;D

USF & Mons chicks>UCF chicks & trash strip joints

I know I lived in Otown 1.5 years & 8 months in Clearwater beach

8)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattivi

listen guys, tampa is a fun place to visit every once in awhile. the booze is relativley cheap, there are sluts everywhere, and the beaches are beautiful. its a good place to go get drunk, shoot the shit with your homies, and try to score a peice of patch. but if its great music u disire ur options are limited, and thats not what tampa is about. so go to tampa and hop on your buddies boat with some frisky girls, a keg, and tan ur ass. ;D

8)

yeh Mons is a good time. i lived in Orlando for 4 years and we would always hop over to tampa, probably once a month, and tear Ybor up. my buddy used to run The Cheetah in Sarasota and we had it so sweet up in that joint, he hooked us up like a brotha wanted to be hooked in a tittie joint. lets say the afterparties are some of the fondest memories i have of my early twenties. jesus christ that shit was fun.... think i might head up to Gasparilla next weekend and have partake in some street drinking debauchery :o

Guest rounder19

Riiiight.

they bring in great talent month in and month out , they great beer on tap for reasonable prices and a vibe that is unmattched. a trip up there every couple of months reminds me why i love this music so much. chris has created an atmosphere where any guest can come in and feel at home and do their thing.

vibe is unmatched? and i will be turning water into wine later this evening on lincoln road

8)

yeh Mons is a good time. i lived in Orlando for 4 years and we would always hop over to tampa, probably once a month, and tear Ybor up. my buddy used to run The Cheetah in Sarasota and we had it so sweet up in that joint, he hooked us up like a brotha wanted to be hooked in a tittie joint. lets say the afterparties are some of the fondest memories i have of my early twenties. jesus christ that shit was fun.... think i might head up to Gasparilla next weekend and have partake in some street drinking debauchery :o

Gasparilla is next weekend? That's one of the fun things i miss about that place.

The only thing that killed it was driving on rt. 60 drunk from ybor cuz i lived right over the intracoastal on island estates right b4 u got to the beach, so that was one hell of a drive esp drunk lol, i think mons at the time was the only place open till 5 or so.

Guest xmuzik

Miami has nothing to worry about , even though miami's club culture has it's ups and downs, from someone who doesn't live in miami 24/7 i have to say that compared to the rest of america you cats have it better than the MAJORITY of US cities even on your worse day.......

extract from that what you wish....:)

Guest pod

Miami has nothing to worry about , even though miami's club culture has it's ups and downs, from someone who doesn't live in miami 24/7 i have to say that compared to the rest of america you cats have it better than the MAJORITY of US cities even on your worse day.......

This is what everyone tends to forget. Trainspotters bitch and moan up a storm because DJ Batty Boy doesn't get booked here, but he gets booked in out-of-the-way town X, which automatically makes out-of-the-way town X superior. If Town X rules so much, pack it up and move there.

We've got the clubs, the girls, the relatively relaxed operating standards and hours that most, if not all the nation is envious of. I've had club owners in New York even go "Shit, I love it down there, I only wish we had your government..."

Guest Seb

This is what everyone tends to forget. Trainspotters bitch and moan up a storm because DJ Batty Boy doesn't get booked here, but he gets booked in out-of-the-way town X, which automatically makes out-of-the-way town X superior. If Town X rules so much, pack it up and move there.

so no more DJ Box of Rocks?

Guest Miss_Digital

ramon knows what's up...

trust me, tampa does not want to 'compete' with miami

having partied in tampa

ramon is on the money, they many not have mega clubs that can hold 10000000 people

but what they have is special

a much more intimate affair

Guest rhythmburn

ramon knows what's up...

trust me, tampa does not want to 'compete' with miami

having partied in tampa

ramon is on the money, they many not have mega clubs that can hold 10000000 people

but what they have is special

a much more intimate affair

couldn't have said that better myself

Guest pod

I'm sure it is, I just don't see the point, as a Miami resident, to spend 80-90 bucks in gas, etc, to go to a club in Tampa. If I was to go there, it'd certainly be for something other than nightlife.

People ask me all the time when I travel, if I go to the cities' clubs. Usually, no. Except for New York and Vegas, if I go to another city, the last thing I hit is their nightclubs.

Guest ramon

There's small clubs here too.

there's not a small club here that compares to other smaller to mid size venues we have around the country.

oslo r.i.p.

hpc in tampa

cielo in ny

king king in la

Guest jkfunkee

I'm sure it is, I just don't see the point, as a Miami resident, to spend 80-90 bucks in gas, etc, to go to a club in Tampa. If I was to go there, it'd certainly be for something other than nightlife.

People ask me all the time when I travel, if I go to the cities' clubs. Usually, no. Except for New York and Vegas, if I go to another city, the last thing I hit is their nightclubs.

agreed. i make a couple of small "club" trips to NYC annually. other than conference, this is bout the sum total of my excursions anymore. maybe i otta move to miami.

late,

j

Guest musicalmissionary

When I travel, often the last thing I wanna do is club. I go to clubs 3 or 4 nights a week every week of the year.

some people like change... go figure ::)

Guest ramon

I am not a big Tampa fan either, I went to Amp...it was ok...not at all thrilled though

you should check out hpc next time you are there. 2nd and 4th saturday are snatch and 1 and 3rd are paradise. :)

paradise is house , snatch is pretty diverse and eclectic from eddie richards to locodice.

Guest mr. wilkins

I am not a big Tampa fan either, I went to Amp...it was ok...not at all thrilled though

you should check out hpc next time you are there. 2nd and 4th saturday are snatch and 1 and 3rd are paradise. :)

paradise is house , snatch is pretty diverse and eclectic from eddie richards to locodice.

thanks bud :)

GO HEELS!!!!!!

Guest ramon

thanks bud :)

GO HEELS!!!!!!

hahah GO BLUEDEVILS!!!

;)

seems both teams are maturing quite fast.