Clubplanet Nightlife Community

barbarino, saleen whateva you call yourself now..

BobbyTrendy

There is no shock here, it was expected. I was going to dump some money into the stock when it hit 6, but Piss talked me out of it, I should have done it, it's trading up right now.

My biggest problem with Ford is what they let Lincoln turn into. Even their new designs look like shit except for one and most Lincoln's are Fords with better seats. Ford needs to cut work force and dealers and they are doing so.

Guest Mattivi

ford is a joke. they cant run a football franchise so how the hell r they going to run an auto company? bill ford stepping down was probable their smartest move in almost a half century. that family is a bunch of clowns.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I said it once' date=' twice, probably 5 times on these boards.....nobody can touch Toyota as a company.

[/quote']Hmmmm doesn't Toyota make several popular hybrid models? The Prius and the Camary Hybrid?

If Hybrids are doing so bad as you claim they are then why is Toyota blowing away everyone in the auto industry with their hybrid sales?

Surely the top auto maker in the world wouldn't make the mistake of dumping a bunch of money into vehicles that can run more efficently like hybrids right?

Guest swirlundergrounder

;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16804725/

hope ya didn't buy stock in Ford! :o

That's what's going to happen when you can't even export your cars to other nations becasue they don't meet those nations carbon emissions and mileage standards.

WTF? Did Ford think they can just survive on selling cars to people who live in America alone? Because the US is the only place that Ford can sell their cars in.

You can't even sell most Fords in China for Christs sake and they are one of the biggest and up and coming auto markets in the world!

That fact alone has contributed to the growing trade defecit we have with them.

Guest JMT
That's what's going to happen when you can't even export your cars to other nations becasue they don't meet those nations carbon emissions and mileage standards.

ford and GM do not sell the same cars overseas that they sell here. they sell smaller cars with 4 cylinders. while not extremely common, fords can been spotted on roads all across europe.

what countries are you specifically talking about that wont allow them due to emissions and economy standards?

Guest slamminshaun

I said it once, twice, probably 5 times on these boards.....nobody can touch Toyota as a company.

Hmmmm doesn't Toyota make several popular hybrid models? The Prius and the Camary Hybrid?

If Hybrids are doing so bad as you claim they are then why is Toyota blowing away everyone in the auto industry with their hybrid sales?

Surely the top auto maker in the world wouldn't make the mistake of dumping a bunch of money into vehicles that can run more efficently like hybrids right?

And for every Prius and Camary you come up with, I can come up with a Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner. What's your point?

Fuel economy has zero to do with Ford going down the tube, sure they over loaded on trucks and SUV but their problem was a lack of good engineering, design and innovation.I drive a Ford but I hate hate hate hate their dealerships, and when I complain to Ford, they don't care. Their company doesn't care, their employees don't care, no one cares! They treat you like shit, I've even had a stealership try to scam me, Ford didn't care. They never called me back once after all the problems I've had. So you have terrible products and a terrible stealership network, coupled with a football team that has a GM running it into the ground and Ford doesn't care. Their new designs while better are not going to cut it. In 5 years ford will sell:

Mustang

F150

That's all those ass clowns can muster, two good cars!

I only drive American, but I"m embarrassed what has become of Lincoln. Mean while GM is kicking ass and Toyota has a ton of problems, they just don't make the press here.

Guest swirlundergrounder

ford and GM do not sell the same cars overseas that they sell here. they sell smaller cars with 4 cylinders. while not extremely common, fords can been spotted on roads all across europe.

what countries are you specifically talking about that wont allow them due to emissions and economy standards?

I've seen a list of something like 80 counties around the world where most Ford models do not meet their emissions and milage standards

China is one of them.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Fuel economy has zero to do with Ford going down the tube, sure they over loaded on trucks and SUV but their problem was a lack of good engineering, design and innovation.

Part of innovation that you speak of happens to include innovations with fuel economy.

Customers also see most Fords as boring cars...

Guest swirlundergrounder

One more thing

Ford lost 35 Million dollars a day last year. They say that even if Ford sold 1 Mustang every second of every day last year that they still would have lost money.

One more thing

Ford lost 35 Million dollars a day last year. They say that even if Ford sold 1 Mustang every second of every day last year that they still would have lost money.

"Not standard of the world". Said by Motor Trend...that says alot for the people that drive/test cars for a living.

i've owned 5 domestics and 2 imports...the imports were the cars i actually wanted to get, the others were just cars that got me from point a to point b. However stress with the domestics are much greater than the imports.

My next one will most likely be a toyota, just a hard to decision to make right now, as if im going w/ a sedan or a 2 sports car.