Clubplanet Nightlife Community

carmax

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm looking to buy a car this weekend so I was checking out their site.

I might just go get something new though.

Oh and Diogo b4 you tell me to get that Infiniti just know I can't afford that right now so don't even bother suggesting it... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Guest slamminshaun

Oh and Diogo b4 you tell me to get that Infiniti just know I can't afford that right now so don't even bother suggesting it... :'( :'( :'( :'(

You better be buying a hybrid with all that shit you talk. ;)

haha

I wish I could buy one as well.

What are you looking at?

Guest swirlundergrounder

haha

I wish I could buy one as well.

What are you looking at?

A hybrid... ;D

Guest Mattivi

i was at the toyota dealer last week getting my tune up damn bro i want a hybrid its like 28k but damn it gets like 62 miles per gallon on highways...... :o

so basically with all the gas u will save on, it will pay for itself.

Guest RzO

i bought my last car from the one here in west palm beach, i looked online found the car i wanted and called in, they put the car on hold for one hour, i went there and drove it, i had already been looking at the car so i knew the price and they were right on, basically within an hour of being there i left with my new car, imo, it was the easiest car purchase i ever have made, i hope u have similar results if u go

Guest mr.miami

I suggest you try www.cars.com A few years back I found myself a 99 eclipse with the works and leather seats with only 45000 miles and I paid only 5500 bucks. The little dealers around Miami have some nice cars and good deals. What I noticed they started doing at the large dealerships is they no longer put prices on their used cars so they can bend you over and try to get as much out of you as possible. Also check out 441, 79th st, and Nw 35th St I think and there are a lot of little car dealers and you may find something you like just by driving by.

I suggest you try www.cars.com A few years back I found myself a 99 eclipse with the works and leather seats with only 45000 miles and I paid only 5500 bucks. The little dealers around Miami have some nice cars and good deals. What I noticed they started doing at the large dealerships is they no longer put prices on their used cars so they can bend you over and try to get as much out of you as possible. Also check out 441, 79th st, and Nw 35th St I think and there are a lot of little car dealers and you may find something you like just by driving by.

which model eclipse do u drive?

Guest mr.miami

It is a GS not the turbo, but it is good enough for me. My favorite eclipses were from the 1997-1999. Every model of the eclipse after that went to the shitter. Since 2000 eclipses get uglier and uglier each year.

038787.jpg

Cool

i-1_T.JPG

No Just no

C146348A.jpg

No way!! Hell, no!!!!!!!

Guest maru37

Eclipses are totally getting uglier. It seems that the trajectory of Britney Spears and Mitsubishi Eclipses are about the same since 1999.

Everything I've heard about Carmax has been pretty good. As always just make sure that their mechanics and your mechanic take a look before you buy. I almost bought from there last year and it was a pretty good experience. Most car dealers make you feel like an a$$hole when you decide not to buy from them.

Guest mr.miami

Just walk into the big dealers thinking the cars are overpriced because most are. I dropped by Bill Seidels mitsubishi just to check out used cars and they tried to stick me with a 1997 eclipse with 82000 miles for 8500 bucks. Just said to the guys face that car isnt worth that much. Remember you have the money hence the power. You should never be guilted into buying a pos car.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Just walk into the big dealers thinking the cars are overpriced because most are. I dropped by Bill Seidels mitsubishi just to check out used cars and they tried to stick me with a 1997 eclipse with 82000 miles for 8500 bucks. Just said to the guys face that car isnt worth that much. Remember you have the money hence the power. You should never be guilted into buying a pos car.

Yeah I rolled into the dealer today with the information about how much they actaully paid for the car plus dealer fees from Consumer Reports.

The sticker price for my 2007 car was $23K, I got it for $18,500. Only $200 above what the dealer paid for it.

The sales person laughed at me when I presented my price and she said "you expect us to just make $200 off the car"? I laughed back and said yes. I walked out of another dealer last night when they wouldn't give me my price and I'll walk out right now if you don't give me this price. It's the end of the month and you guys have to make your quota. I know exaclty how much you paid for this car and I don't think I should have to pay anymore than what you guys paid to get the car here plus your dealer fee".

The lady left with my proposal, went to the sales managers office and came back 2 minutes later and said we had a deal.

What are they going to do when you have all the info on how much they paid for the car? They can't justify marking up the price anymore.

I will post pics of the new car tomorrow..

I got a 2007 Mazda 3. 2.3 Liter DOHC engine in galaxy gray!

;D

Yeah I rolled into the dealer today with the information about how much they actaully paid for the car plus dealer fees from Consumer Reports.

The sticker price for my 2007 car was $23K, I got it for $18,500. Only $200 above what the dealer paid for it.

The sales person laughed at me when I presented my price and she said "you expect us to just make $200 off the car"? I laughed back and said yes. I walked out of another dealer last night when they wouldn't give me my price and I'll walk out right now if you don't give me this price. It's the end of the month and you guys have to make your quota. I know exaclty how much you paid for this car and I don't think I should have to pay anymore than what you guys paid to get the car here plus your dealer fee".

The lady left with my proposal, went to the sales managers office and came back 2 minutes later and said we had a deal.

What are they going to do when you have all the info on how much they paid for the car? They can't justify marking up the price anymore.

I will post pics of the new car tomorrow..

I got a 2007 Mazda 3. 2.3 Liter DOHC engine in galaxy gray!

;D

good thing you didn't buy it from me...lol

im just messing...than again other than the "dealer" someone else has to make a living, since the salesperson doesnt exactly have a "quota" per month...they can sell 5 cars in a month with enough gross on each car that would total 20 cars if the dealer made no gross. Most people want to go for the gross rather than no gross just volume.

Depending on the dealer, if it's carmax or a larger dealer...they will put equivalent of up to $2500 bucks on a car that passes their certified inspection, if not than they will just sell it on auction/wholesale. So the whole $500 for a full 1-2 hours detail is worth the cost in this case because someone else has to get paid.

Offcourse the average consumer doesn't think like this...as everyone is trying to get the best deal possible. Which anywhere you go it's going to be like that. I would want the best deal possible as well. But alot of times they aren't really "ripping" people off if they are selling more than cost since they do have to go thru a certifed safety inspection, get new tires/brake pads, have people fix dents/cracks/paint chips...u name it. It all costs $ down the road.

But anyways im tired lol...congrats on the purchase.