My New Car and my buying experience!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Mazda3Side.jpg

Mazda3Inside.jpg

Mazda3FrontDiagnal.jpg

Mazda3Diagnal.jpg

Mazda3Rear.jpg

So I chose to go with a Mazda 3 S Sport, 2.3 L DOHC.

I've always liked Mazdas for one they have the most edge and best resale value of all the cars in the same class.

Anyways my buying experience started on Friday at Lehman Mazda in Miami Gardens.

THEY TOTALLY TRIED TO RIP ME OFF

I got the Consumer Reports New Car Buying Kit for $40 which I totally recommend getting to anyone buying a new or used car.

From the report I was able to see exactly what the dealer paid for to get the car at it's base price. Then after you get this price you add on the extra features and the dealer fee to pay the overhead to have the car in their inventory. After that you make them an offer with a couple hundred dollars profit.

If you bring in this report to them, then they have no way to justify any more mark ups during the negotiation process.

Lehman Mazda tried to pull on over on me.

The first car I looked at had a sticker price of $19,500. They opened up with an offer to sell me the car for $23,900. Can you believe that shit? They wanted to charge me $4K above the sticker price? LOL

So I presented to them my offer of $18000. They came back with $18,300. So I accepted.

Here's where they tried to fuck me! After filling out all the paper work for financing etc, they came back with the final sales invoice and they tacked on $3000 worth of fees. Which included a sperate $800 processing fee to process my paper work and a $600 transportation fee, a $400 advertising fee and some other smaller fees to get the sales total back up to $23,000.. (including tax)

We stood up in outrage and walked out the door, and the whole sales staff chased after us in the parking lot in front of a few other customers telling us they will wave 'this fee and that fee' etc...

The next day I went to Gunther Mazda in Davie. We had bought our VW Passat from them a couple of years ago and we did the same thing to them that year as far as bring in the bottom line price and we bought our Passast from them with no problem.

So on Saturday we went in to Gunther Mazda with the same paper work and found pretty much the same car except this car had a bigger engine and more safety features.

Before we even got into the negotiation process, the sales girl told us all the dealer fees up front which totaled about $500. So we took our Consumer Report Bottom Line Price, added the extra features to the base model for the car we wanted, added the dealer fee plus $200 extra and they agreed to our price with no arguement.

They sales girl laughed at us when we made our proposal and said "you expect us only make $200 off this car"? We said yes. You guys can't justify charging us anymore than the price we want and we'll walk out of here just like we did last night at Lehman Mazda.

The sales girl came back with the authorization to sell us the car from the sales manager.

The purchase from Gunther Mazda was a totally painless one! I left the dealer knowing that I got the best price for my car and the confidence that they will take car of me in the event something go's wrong. We've had a couple of years dealing with their service department and they treat you like a king when you are in there!

;D

ZOOM-ZOOM-ZOOM!!

Guest mr.miami

I'm happy for you that you got a car you like. About the picture I'm just gonna say they sure are making a lot of pretty ugly looking cars these days. When did having curves on a car turn into a bad thing? Did you let them find financing for your car or did you bring a loan from your own bank?

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm happy for you that you got a car you like. About the picture I'm just gonna say they sure are making a lot of pretty ugly looking cars these days. When did having curves on a car turn into a bad thing? Did you let them find financing for your car or did you bring a loan from your own bank?

I brought in my loan approval from my bank and they beat it by 1% ;D

Guest slamminshaun

You didn't buy a hybrid? :P

Shit I didn't have $8000 more dollars to spend... Otherwise I would have..

I'm calling you out Terry! $8,000 more? As much as you're on the computer, I can't believe you didn't see this one...

click here

What's wrong with that Hybrid? It's even cheaper than the non-hybrid you just bought!

Guest mr.miami

I'm calling you out Terry! $8' date='000 more? As much as you're on the computer, I can't believe you didn't see this one...

click here

What's wrong with that Hybrid? It's even cheaper than the non-hybrid you just bought!

How long do you have to charge a hybrid up for?

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm calling you out Terry! $8' date='000 more? As much as you're on the computer, I can't believe you didn't see this one...

click here

Sorry bro I needed a new car...

Guest slamminshaun

I'm calling you out Terry! $8,000 more? As much as you're on the computer, I can't believe you didn't see this one...

click here

Now I'm not tryin' to pick on you or anything so don't take offense, but statements like that are exactly why I roll my eyes at the environmentalist movement. Seems like they're out there shouting at the rest of us to make personal sacrifices, as long as they don't have to make any themselves.

You didn't "need" a new car, you simply "wanted" a new car. Admit it, your personal tastes override your love for the environment. How else can you explain not buying a Hybrid that was actually cheaper than the car you just bought? For someone who constantly says the sky is falling, I'm a little disappointed you didn't lead by example.

click here

Now I'm not tryin' to pick on you or anything so don't take offense, but statements like that are exactly why I roll my eyes at the environmentalist movement. Seems like they're out there shouting at the rest of us to make personal sacrifices, as long as they don't have to make any themselves.

You didn't "need" a new car, you simply "wanted" a new car. Admit it, your personal tastes override your love for the environment. How else can you explain not buying a Hybrid that was actually cheaper than the car you just bought? For someone who constantly says the sky is falling, I'm a little disappointed you didn't lead by example.

lol

personally i still think these "hybrids" are a joke...you might get an extra 5-25 mpg but you also have to sacrifice good looks for the "hybrid look".

when they start with HO2 than i'll be interested in a "hybrid" vehicle, but i doubt they will ever do that.

Guest yume

LOL. I used to live with a bunch of rich hippy girls in college who would preach that stuff to me all the time. We recycled absolutely everything. We had bins for each type of recycable. But they would never take the shit out to the recycle place. I mean NEVER. It would just build up and overflow all over the place. They did more talking about it then acting.

Now I have no problem if you want to recycle. I will recycle if it is convenient. But you actually have to DO IT. I just stated throwing the stuff into the trash because it was overflowing onto the floor, and smelling the kitchen up.

I'd give them crap about taking hour long showers too.

"If you are so committed to the environment, why not take 5 minute cold showers? Or jump in the river out back? There are millions of people on Earth who have to bathe in a river. They are doing more for the environment than you are in your gas eating Jeep Grand Cherokee."

:)

Guest Mattivi

click here

well said :)

Guest maru37

Nice car dude. The newer Mazda's are great because they put a lot of thought into the design and they are still good on performance and price.

Hybrids? I'm all for being environmentally responsible but all of the hybrids are overpriced. They have a long way to go. As long as you can get 30 to 40 mpg on a non-hybrid I think you're doing ok. It's not as if a Mazda 3 is doing 12 mpg.

Guest soozin

terry--

when i got my matrix it was b/w that and the mazda 3 5-door.. loved how it drove!! enjoy..

and my next car is def gonna be a hybrid or whatever is available at that point. couldnt afford the extra $10k when i got my car either! tho to their credit... hybrid prices ARE going down since more and more are entering the market

Guest swirlundergrounder

click here

You want to know why I bought a car? I haven't had a car of my own in 5 years!

You want to know how much I didn't want to be wasteful? Me and my wife shared 1 car that whole time!

I got a new job that this past week that has a commute that does not allow me and my wife to share a car.

Was I going to buy a used car? Hell no. Maybe if I wasn't a dad and had to drvie around a 2 year old I would have gotten a used car. Bottom line is I needed something dependable that I knew would get me from point A to point B problem free.

I'm not about to spend $16K on a 3 year old hybrid when I can get a new car that I know the history on for only $2K more.

I can't afford to spend $28,000 on a new hybrid otherwise I would have.

So are you going to roll your eyes on me for not having a car of my own for half a decade?

Can you say that you didn't own your own car for 5 years becasue you wanted to conserve?

I bet not...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Nice car dude. The newer Mazda's are great because they put a lot of thought into the design and they are still good on performance and price.

Hybrids? I'm all for being environmentally responsible but all of the hybrids are overpriced. They have a long way to go. As long as you can get 30 to 40 mpg on a non-hybrid I think you're doing ok. It's not as if a Mazda 3 is doing 12 mpg.

Exactly. My car gets 32-34 mpg...

That's one of tghe best fuel economies out of any car in it's class outside of a hybrid.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Honda will sell a Hydrogen car in 2 years, so it's happening, but not for nothing Terry, you got pwned! I agree, don't preach if you don't practice what you preach.

So how is not having my own car for 5 years becasue I wanted to conserve 'getting owned'...?

read more above...

You guys make it seem as if I went out and bought a Hummer or fuckin' Mustang or something that gets 13 mpg.

Lets jump on Terry for not being able to afford a $30,000 hybrid..

You guys are so pathetic. You'll try to take anything and twist it around as if I commited some evil sin or something.

I still pratice what I preach and will continue do to so more than any of you muther fuckers will!