Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Orlando 2/9 - 2/11

Guest flux

Guest flux

I posted awhile back that I was moving to Orlando and I received some wonderful advice. I have friends coming in town Feb. 9 - 11 and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything going on that weekend. Thanks guys!!

Guest somefiercehouse

Donna Summer will be at Universal on the 10th!!!

so far that's all I know of.

Rythym & Flow might have something worth checking out.

Guest flux

I heard that the top part, the Rhythm part I guess, is for members only. Is this true? Does anyone have a members only jacket I can borrow then? How is the downstairs part?

Guest somefiercehouse

actually, i DO have a members only jacket...but sorry, i'm the only one that can rock it the way i do. ;D

upstairs sometimes is VIP i think, but lately whatever they can do to get people in will suffice.

there isn't much upstairs anyway....the dancefloor is downstairs and that's what it's all about

Guest flux

Ohhh, ok. For some reason I thought the music upstairs was supposed to be better (re: not top 40 or hip hop).

Keep me posted if you hear of anything else. I checked out that Scene Orlando site and it's pretty much the same thing every week.

Thanks for all the help!

Guest myles hie

Ohhh, ok. For some reason I thought the music upstairs was supposed to be better (re: not top 40 or hip hop).

Keep me posted if you hear of anything else. I checked out that Scene Orlando site and it's pretty much the same thing every week.

Thanks for all the help!

What exactly were you looking for?

Guest flux

Thanks for all the help!

I'm just looking for somewhere fun to hang out with visiting friends with good music. Seems that most of you know every dj every night at every venue in Miami so I figured someone could give me the low-down on Orlando. I'm super new to the area and have been working too much to make it out. Basically looking for a chill spot with good music.

Guest myles hie

Thanks for all the help!

I'm just looking for somewhere fun to hang out with visiting friends with good music. Seems that most of you know every dj every night at every venue in Miami so I figured someone could give me the low-down on Orlando. I'm super new to the area and have been working too much to make it out. Basically looking for a chill spot with good music.

Crooked Bayou

Sky 60

Vintage

The Pour

Zinc Bar

Screamers

Peacock Room

Destiny

HOuse of Blues (Sun nights)

AKA Lounge

even though there is not much chatter www.sceneorlando.com has a good events section, with more detailed info

Guest somefiercehouse

Thanks for all the help!

Crooked Bayou

Sky 60

Vintage

The Pour

Zinc Bar

Screamers

Peacock Room

Destiny

HOuse of Blues (Sun nights)

AKA Lounge

even though there is not much chatter www.sceneorlando.com has a good events section, with more detailed info

all great recomendations....sky60 is really nice along with Suite B.

House of Blues on Sunday is breaks mostly

Destiny does't have anything going on for them (sorry, not to bash, but someone needs to know so it can get better)

AKA Lounge has been dead lately, but maybe a great place to talk if its open

Screamers doesn't always have things going on at it, and many times it's D&B or Breaks

I haven't been to The Pour or Vintage yet, so I can't tell you about those

Guest myles hie

Wrong, its been mixed format for almost a year now, and so what if its breaks? Not everyone wants house

Destiny does't have anything going on for them (sorry, not to bash, but someone needs to know so it can get better

Matter of opinion, its a "mega" club and thats what you get

They are always open, just not doing too much dance stuff

Screamers doesn't always have things going on at it, and many times it's D&B or Breaks

Whats wrong with DnB and breaks?

Guest somefiercehouse

Wrong, its been mixed format for almost a year now, and so what if its breaks? Not everyone wants house

Destiny does't have anything going on for them (sorry, not to bash, but someone needs to know so it can get better

nothing is wrong with any of the stuff you said....hence why i said "great recomendations". I simply said it's mostly DnB and breaks at Screamers.

my bad on the HOB thing.....I don't make my way out there too much, not a big fan of HOB for DJ events....too many people standing just looking at the DJ, pumping fists.

Destiny I haven't heard any good reviews on it, nor was I very impressed when I went myself, so I am just giving my opinion...the whole point of these boards.

And everytime I've gone by AKA lounge, with the exception of Tuesday's there hasn't been much going on, but glad to hear they are still alive and kicking, I like it there a lot.

Relax man, just trying to help someone out and give my opinion

Guest somefiercehouse

i like the pour

suite b has house on fridays. forget the guys name

plenty of indie in orlando if you are into that

what's the pour like? i went before when it was red square...didn't get lucky enough for one of those magic cocktails though ::)

Guest 0crystal0

alot like red square. small place, decor hasn't really changed, house music

so red square w/ 'new' owners and its bring your own 'cocktail' now

Guest myles hie

nothing is wrong with any of the stuff you said....hence why i said "great recomendations". I simply said it's mostly DnB and breaks at Screamers.

my bad on the HOB thing.....I don't make my way out there too much, not a big fan of HOB for DJ events....too many people standing just looking at the DJ, pumping fists.

Destiny I haven't heard any good reviews on it, nor was I very impressed when I went myself, so I am just giving my opinion...the whole point of these boards.

And everytime I've gone by AKA lounge, with the exception of Tuesday's there hasn't been much going on, but glad to hear they are still alive and kicking, I like it there a lot.

Relax man, just trying to help someone out and give my opinion

No worries yo.

Guest myles hie

i like the pour

suite b has house on fridays. forget the guys name

plenty of indie in orlando if you are into that

what's the pour like? i went before when it was red square...didn't get lucky enough for one of those magic cocktails though ::)

the "Salty Dog" hehehehehe