Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Defected Cancels Their 2007 WMC Event

Guest xmuzik

Guest JoeBudious

please, someone let Defected know they should have contacted Aquabooty. We would have handled everything for them.

That's what we do!!

I'd settle for guido events if that's where I have to go to hear someone like Chus & Ceballos who I have never seen live. We aren't spoiled like NYC in my own point of view that is when it comes to the NYC/Spain/Portugal Dj's playing in Miami.

Shit im going to Space to see them and the following day for the pool party along w/ vc/dt. That should be a good memorable 24 hours.

i for one see this as a good thing. more room for more guidos, i am ecstatic. i'd much rather have guidos, they are waaaaaaaaaay more charming than the brits. and better dressed too, looking all greasy-like and shiny. i'm going to need to hit the gym hardcore though so i can survive being on the dancefloor with them, arms swinging here and there, fists-a-flying and whatnot.

i saw chus & ceballos in costa rica a couple of years ago, it was a helluva show!

Guest pod

please, someone let Defected know they should have contacted Aquabooty. We would have handled everything for them.

That's what we do!!

That's a damn shame. You guys have the clout and know-how to pull it off for them.

Guest Tboyo

I should have have said too much of the same when it comes to parties.

A lot of the problems that occur are more about the attitude of the club owners and the City of Miami Beach, the latter not wanting WMC in town.

F**k the guidos, it's more about the image than the music, unfortunetly so is Miami.

I've been going to Miami since 89' (not all for WMC) and like anything it's changed - don't get me wrong I love most of the changes, the hotels, bars , clubs etc it's all good but the attitudes of some of the natives is amazing, they think because they came to Sobe 5 or 6 years ago that they actually discovered it, get over yourself, some of us Brits remember Living Room & Level.

WMC may not implode but the price gouguing by the clubs & hotels is getting out of hand and a weak USD$ will not always bring in the Europeans and Brits, WMC could end up being purely a showcase for US music and that would be a shame for the music and the fans.

It's becoming more style over substance and a lot of the overseas crowd just doesn't buy into that.