Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just bought a Samsung HDTV

Bling

Guest swirlundergrounder

its not blurry per se but its not as clear as lets say a 4:3 tv now cuz its widescreen ... its just not crystal clear like HDTV.....

how can i tell if dvd is progressive scan it doesnt say it on the dvd. i think my dvd is like 3 yrs old

sony dvd/cd/video cd with built in 5.1 digital 5.1 ch decoder......

im using the monster component cables for my dvd player....

ill eventually get the hd dvd player though.......

ugh looks like ill have to get the hdmi cable after all lol. when i was there i was like do i need an hdmi cable for the 360 they said no u just hit the switch on the 360 to hdtv... i was so happy dammit still need one

such a scam.... this is def an investment def wouldnt have gotten it if it wasnt for the gift cards

You can go to Sears and get the HDMI cable you need for less than $40. That's where i got mine at.

Your DVD player would say if it was a prog scan DVD player somewhere on it..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

ok its not progressive scan...... is the quality that much more noticeable or should i just get the hd dvd.....?

dvd is too old i guess?... its weird i get a way better tv and then the dvd looks worse lol

It's not weird at all. Your new TV just utilizes different mechanisms to bring you your clear picture in HD format.

You shold just get an HD dvd player. they are not that expensive. Plus you can get HD DVDs now for around the same price as regular DVDs if you know where to shop.

The picture on an HD TV is so much better. You'll enjoy watching Heat games on it.

Guest slamminshaun

Thanks JConXTC....I ran down to Best Buy and picked up an HDMI to DVI cable that just happened to be an "open box" deal. $29.99 out the door! ;D Now I'm set for tonight! Funny, I had no idea that cable existed....

Guest slamminshaun

i dont get it . an hdmi to dmi cable is like if ur tv only has dmi cable and u want to attach to an hdmi thing?

Correct. My TV is 4 years old, before HDMI cables were mainstream. But now that I have a brand new Direct TV box that does not have a DVI connection like my old one did, I had to get a cable that was DVI on one end, HDMI on the other.

i think there is a tiger direct at mall of the america correct?

ill have to wait anyways to see if the new reciever i get is dmi to hdmi or hdmi to hdmi

im guessing the latter .... prolly better quality also....

didnt think of tiger direct :)

yep there is

Miami, FL Outlet Store - North

MALL OF THE AMERICAS

7795 West Flagler St.

Miami, FL 33144

(305) 415-2199

Guest swirlundergrounder

yeah ill go to sears after i get the reciever next week.. is it easy to install?

someone said for me to go also to cablestogo.com

though im not too fond of buying electronic stuff online even cables.

It's very easy to install. You just plug in one end to your cable box and the other end to your HD TV..

My little 2 year old can do it...

Your old cable box might even have a DVI output in the back of it. If so you can skip getting the new cable box and get a DVI to HDMI cable to hook up your TV.

But if I were you I would just go get a new cable box from comcast that has the HDMI connection.

ok. quick question....... i have my comcast cable connected to this reciever. well kinda there is this splitter. i dont have to change the comcast cable modem too do i?

it seems as though a new box wont affect it as long as there will be a cable input on the back of the new box to go to the splitter and the cable modem.... looks as though the cable that goes to my tv now just goes directly from the box....

i think there is a tiger direct at mall of the america correct?

ill have to wait anyways to see if the new reciever i get is dmi to hdmi or hdmi to hdmi

im guessing the latter .... prolly better quality also....

didnt think of tiger direct :)

yep there is

Miami, FL Outlet Store - North

MALL OF THE AMERICAS

7795 West Flagler St.

Miami, FL 33144

(305) 415-2199

go to the one on US-1 instead...id avoid mall of the americas to chaotic, parking, finding the store...the us-1 ive been there ur in/out.

they tend to have good deals, i was gonna buy my samsung from them but got a better deal at bestbuy instead.

Guest swirlundergrounder

ok. quick question....... i have my comcast cable connected to this reciever. well kinda there is this splitter. i dont have to change the comcast cable modem too do i?

it seems as though a new box wont affect it as long as there will be a cable input on the back of the new box to go to the splitter and the cable modem.... looks as though the cable that goes to my tv now just goes directly from the box....

No you don't have to change the modem at all. They run on different signal paths...

Guest cutchemist

Goodness bling...you just got a HD flat screen. ??? Oh, that's right ur still partyin'...that's spendy... ;D

Just kidding!

Once you get a nice HD flat screen everything else looks like crap... 8)

Guest pod

Right now, that player is $1000. Wait six months for the price to drop.

There's an option now, you can get an HD DVD drive for your upcoming PC, and just kick the video signal out the HDMI or DVI port. For far cheaper.

Guest jona7

i've noticed theres 3 usb ports, 2 firewire ports, and an ethernet port on my comcast hd receiver..why??? can we import our saved shows from the dvr and transfer it to your computer??