Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tips/Advice for 1st timers...?

Guest themoldman

Guest themoldman

Im sure Im not alone in this - would all you wmc regulars share your collective knowledge with us newbies?

Tips like - how should we pace ourselves? Best place for 5am food? How long do we have to stay awake for parties @ Space? That kinda thing...

Any and all info will be appreciated. ;D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

We'll be publishing a guide to conference next week.

But for now.

Best place for 5 AM food? 11th Street Diner. Don't listen to anyone else, as they simply just don't know.

Space? Try 5 PM.

Guest myles hie

Im sure Im not alone in this - would all you wmc regulars share your collective knowledge with us newbies?

Tips like - how should we pace ourselves? Best place for 5am food? How long do we have to stay awake for parties @ Space? That kinda thing...

Any and all info will be appreciated. ;D

Don't burn yourself out in the first few days, it's a long week.

Grocery shop and eat that stuff, save your money for other

things..

Bring plenty of money..

Don't eat the brown acid..

Guest themoldman

>>Space? Try 5 PM. <<

:o

Fuck me sideways!

Will the coatroom watch my suitcase for me? Cos Im s'posed to be getting on a plane on Sunday after the Yoshitoshi party... 8)

Guest somefiercehouse

Don't listen to these whiners. It's only a week, don't sleep. You can recover when you get back home.

+1!!!

Not only is it only a week, but it goes by faster than any other week of your life. So enjoy it, you're down here to party, so do it! Sleep when you get home, unless you absolutly cannot stand up for another minute. However, there is something to be said for wearing yourself out to the point where you just don't even enjoy yourself...so use common sense (the least common thing during WMC) and listen to your body.

Find a printed copy of the list the first day you get there....they dissapear fast, but it's like the bible while you are here.

Great idea to go grocery shopping...a lot healthier and cheaper. Wild Oats is a great place to shop for the week, IMO.

Guest themoldman

Where will one look for these listings?

I'll flying into Ft Lauderdale and getting a taxi to my hotel on the Tues. (And my hotel is way north up the beach...)

Guest myles hie

Like I said, if you're smart, it won't hurt. There's certain things you gotta pay for, but others, you can go cheap.

I tell people, you gotta do Miami and not let it do you.

Guest Miss_Digital

PACE YOURSELF

if your running on empty

sleep SLEEP SLEEP

SO U MISS A FEW PARTIES...... ITS BETTER TO BE ENERGIZED THAN DRAGGING THRU COUNTLESS PARTIES

worst advice ever

its only one week so dont miss any of the fun

go to your room to take a bath and rest sparingly, but thats about it

try to go to the free stuff theres some good ones this year remix hotel is back, and there are some good day parties, hotel hopping is always fun

pick the parties you wanna go to before hand

and if u dont have a hook for the door best thing to do is buy tickets presale you can save $ 10+ per party if u buy presale

your in luck theres alot of good places to eat on the beach pizza is always cheap alternative and its everywhere,

lots of places should be open at 5am: jerrys, dogma some pita and sandwhich places

also if u wanna save money i suggest a cooler with beer and liq, and maybe get some snacks and stuff for making sandwhichs $ave econo-clubber style LOL

yes bring money!!!! Lots of it!

Guest pod

Bring money, yes. But again, be smart. You don't need to eat at the China Grill all five days, for example. And don't get the $500/night suite at the Loews. The econo room at the Shelley will do just as well, considering how little time you'll spend there.

Guest themoldman

Hopefully I'll I have plenty of cash to play with. (Got mold anyone?) Tho' Im not even there yet and I've already spent $600 on tickets and flight. :-\

Thank goodness the accomodation was free (thanks to moms timeshare). ;D

Guest frankthetank

Where will one look for these listings?

I'll flying into Ft Lauderdale and getting a taxi to my hotel on the Tues. (And my hotel is way north up the beach...)

Don't plan on getting into South Beach much do you? I guess you will be downtown most of the time. Traffic is so bad it will take you an hour from your hotel. $75 cab from Lauderdale to Miami Beach. :)

Guest pod

I'm glad I live close by ;D

I'm not on the beach, so I don't have to deal with the yahoos and criminals, but I'm close enough not to have to worry about distances.

let's see...

If you have friends that are staying in sobe...go out to a liquor store and buy or just bring a ton of liquor...go down to the walgreens on 5th street, they have a liquor store in there and u can buy all the liquor u want at a fair price. Local/Smaller liquor stores on collins/washington ave will most likely have higher prices especially on name brands liquors. So if your arriving in sobe by cab, try to stop at the Walgreens first b4 you check-in that way you can go ahead and get that out of the way(good to think ahead). Store all that liquor in the fridge. That way you're always pre-gaming in/out so ur not spending $10-$15 bucks a drink.

Do not leave the house/room/apt/hotel/condo sober.

Buy a big gatorade bottle, not the jug one...but the one below that size and make a strong fucking drink out of it. After you and your buddies pre-game at your place, take it with you and sip it on the way. Good Buzz right there. You will see people doing that with those Minute Maid bottles, but everyone knows that's not pure OJ your sipping. The gatorade is better due to it's size so you can pass it out around like a blunt(i don't smoke, just sounded good).

If you're single and you meet a chick(can work both ways) and you guys end up doing the hookie pokie, make sure to remember to have either an alarm clock w/ a certain time to go off so you don't miss that event that you really wanted to see. Happened to me, I was dating at the time. Especially if you're having sex all night and you get lazy, that's bs this is WMC...some of these dj's/events will only come thru once a year and that's why you paid $600 plus to be down here that time of the year. Protection wouldn't hurt either...and some pocket size ky or bring some w/ u if u go back to your hotel.

As for food, there are tons of great restaurants in sobe if your willing to cash out for fine dine on lincoln/ocean. Most places if you're getting a table, be ready to have gratuity added to your bill, even if it was the worst service in your life, it's a sobe thing. Generally it's 18%. There are tons of pizza joints in every corner, pizza rustica(there's 3 of them in sobe) seems to be people's favorite, even tastes quite good cold...mmm cold pizza when your drunk!

Be ready for clubs to treat you like shit even if you paid ahead of time for tickets online. Do not try to purchase a ticket at a venue because u will be in line for hours, and after u spend 50-100 bucks a head, people will still treat you like shit, due to how pack and chaotic the venue will be.

The best thing to do is when you have a good idea of all the events you want to attend that week, go to wantickets.com and purchase all your tix at once. Have them mail you the tix, they will charge you $11 bucks per order, so its smart to purchase all of them together. You don't want to go up to Will Call at some of these events at 5am to find out that Will Call closed at 2am.

Hope your writing this down

Another thing that I personally will not do this year is wear umcomfortable shoes. As gay as it sounds i like pumas/diesels for clubbing and the look, however after dancing ur ass off and walking all over the fckin place w/ them, you're gonna hate it. So make sure you wear something comfortable that you're able to both walk in and dance to(if you dance at all).

For chicks id recommend the same thing, no heels, none of that shit, especially during pool parties and nikki beach due to the sand all over the place. The worst thing you wanna do is have a chick drag you down because of her feet. Even their own girlfriends hate that shit, especially that weekend.

If you run out of clothes and need to find something since your buddies white-t won't get the ladies, there are tons of shoppes/boutiques on lincoln rd/washington/collins ave. Best mall to shop would be Aventura mall(west of 210st/collins ave) but it will quite a distance from sobe and probably a $50 cab ride one way. Can always take the $1 dollar metro-city bus. Bal Harbour Shoppes in Bal Harbour(96 st/collins ave) you will find elite named brands, prada, ect.

Do NOT book a hotel past 70th street, unless you really had to for whatever reason. Remember traffic will be insane. Had many friends stay @ the Ramada hotel when I asked where?, they said collins ave w/ joy! than i said collins and what? they said umm 21000 collins ave, that's 210th st/collins! Far as hell! $50 bucks cab ride down to sobe guaranteed! If you've done that mistake already, try to flip it. If not, there's always next year.

Do not go to hip hop venues which there won't be none, other than Dj Craze, but if u do u might get shot or stabbed or both...i kid, well it has happened b4.

Some redline on a full stomach wouldn't hurt.

Oh and most importantly have a great F'n time!