Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G + Erick Morillo Saturday @ Space.

Guest Ariel

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thisisramses

i had the feeling this might be a letdown, i was gonna make the effort to go but i wasnt too thrilled about paying that amount of money to have one half an inch of dancing space.

it gets waaaay to packed for morillo, and i agree with many of you that his selection has been way below-par lately. i second the notion for bringing ROGER back soon.. he's a beast. but until then "the residents" will be just fine in my opinion.

Guest Cosmigonon

it always amazes me how there can be so many different takes on an event. from 'it was great' to 'lackluster' to 'worst set i ever heard', there is always such a panorama of viewpoints that it boggles the mind. just sayin, that is all.

I agree. I thought he was gonna play very commercial, but he didn't, in fact several people agreed with me that this had been one, if not the best of his sets he played at Space. In the end taste is subjective...

Guest Cosmigonon

just cause a dj plays 20 hrs straight doesnt mean hes great...

length means nada..

Bling, can you show me where the hell in this thread did anyone say HIS SET WAS GREAT BECAUSE HE PLAYED FOR 12 HOURS?

Why the hell do you have to make such ignorant remarks?

Guest HouseJunkie

I enjoyed his set... loved the vocals and the remixes... the only thing that I found lacking was the soundsystem.

The Patio sound system needs a makeover, I can't believe LP gave it his seal of approval.

Guest bootstah

did anyone see that massive beatdown some assbag took for throwing beer on the crowd on the little vip platform to the left of the dj booth? one of the bouncers absolutely pummeled this poor bastard UFC style. ive seen a few fights go down at space before but that one was one for the books. :o

Space security is way out of control, the stories i've heard are crazy hope the guy is ok.

Guest MellyMeL
That was a great funny vid Ryan!

I had a great time. I guess it depends on you perception of things.

I'm not a house chick.. I saw Morillo once [the very first set at crobar] so I def wasn't going to miss his Space set and I think he did awesome. Such a crowd pleaser. I'm impressed. Love dj's that interact with the crowd.

Out of hand.. great vibe.. fun ppl around me. I left early, around 730 ish.

Wish I had the energy to stay longer.

Bathroom lines were horrible!

did anyone see that massive beatdown some assbag took for throwing beer on the crowd on the little vip platform to the left of the dj booth? one of the bouncers absolutely pummeled this poor bastard UFC style. ive seen a few fights go down at space before but that one was one for the books. :o

wtf LOL

UFC_00056_004.jpg

Guest pod

Taste is subjective. I went in thinking EM wasn't gonna do so hot, but I thought he did fine in retrospect. Wasn't too tribal-ish or dark.

The party itself was fun, people were enjoying themselves, which is the important part.

Guest bootstah

Taste is subjective. I went in thinking EM wasn't gonna do so hot, but I thought he did fine in retrospect. Wasn't too tribal-ish or dark.

The party itself was fun, people were enjoying themselves, which is the important part.

I think people just look for a reason to bitch, with Morillo I know what to expect and so should every other punter who knows anything about music. But it's all what you make of your clubbing experience. :-\

Guest pod

Well, I don't pretend (or sometimes care) to know anything about music. I know the difference between house and trance, but anything beyond that, no way. I wasn't aware that clubland required a degree in musicology to enter anyway. If that's the case, I'll go back to school to get my Master's in it or something.

So when I go out, I make of my clubbing experience the best I can, despite the fact that I'm "musically uneducated". And when I went out to see Erick, I had a great time. My friends were there, the people I didn't know seemed to be enjoying it, and the drinks were flowing, to what I thought was catchy, enjoyable music. Was it groundbreaking? I don't know. Did I care if it was? Not really.

Guest slamminshaun

I'm with Pod. I never knew that a nightclub needed to administer an electronic music quiz at the front door to deem you worthy of entering.

Morillo is a mainstream DJ. He's not underground, he's not the trendiest, he's not the most hardcore, he's probably the guy you picked on in high school. With that said, I like his style....I'm not into the ultra-techy-minimal-progressive-psycho-broken-2 step DJ experience! If that makes me less "intelligent", so be it.....I'd rather be hungover than intelligent anyway.

Guest bootstah

exactly, for me it's about who I'm in the company of really. I love music but I dont claim to be a know it all I go out for some good dancing, flowing booze and bad pictures.....hehehehehe.

If Erick was not ON POINT then shoot me now cause god dammit I expect more from a dj who gets paid $50k....... :P

Guest Mattivi

it always amazes me how there can be so many different takes on an event. from 'it was great' to 'lackluster' to 'worst set i ever heard', there is always such a panorama of viewpoints that it boggles the mind. just sayin, that is all.

I agree. I thought he was gonna play very commercial, but he didn't, in fact several people agreed with me that this had been one, if not the best of his sets he played at Space. In the end taste is subjective...

agreed. different strokes for different folks, but it seems morillo is the next superstar dj to fall victim of being a 'victim of his own success' here on the cooljunkie boards. i like sanchez but its not like he is that much better than morillo. in fact i prefer morillo's track selection over rogers, who often plays too much deep house for my taste. but like u said its all subjective.

Guest pod

This is so true. I've had discussions of this nature with many DJs. They say the same thing. "Great, I've made tens of thousands of dollars (or more) doing what I love, and the board hangs me out to dry..."

Not that they care, but I've noticed you guys tend to gut a DJ once he or she hits it big.

Guest Orls

well said! one thing bout this board once a dj gets a certain amount of fame or recognition he's all of suden to commercial or a sell out. just an observation bout whats ususally posted here. In the end everyone gets out of the experience what they make of it and I for one enjoyed the set until I left a 8ish. Hell, I will go as far as saying it was definetly one of his best sets. peace!

Guest Buck White

Pure dreck. Oscar's set. Garbage. Morillo....3:30 ? Are you serious? Being accosted about my hat.....when a dozen or more, including the security guard doing the accosting, are wearing theirs. Yes....I kept it on.Upstairs ? Are you joking me ? Yes..I'm venting...so let me vent. Worst night of 2007. And for whoever wants to say they had a goddamn sonic epiphany last night....I'm waiting for the opprobrious comments. Pure dreck. Oscar G or Erick Morillo ? Hah ! F*ck em both. It wasnt even fun watching a few hundered meatheads,with sunglasses, dancing around like said DJ's were playing the most euphonious tracks put here on earth. A colossal letdown....especially for that kind of money.

why did u go to this event then? from ur previous posts i gathered you would have gone to pawn shop for lust4booty or to Y lounge for Frankie ???

Bling Bling.......b/c I felt like hearing something a little more pumping.

Had I known this cat's set was going to start on Tuesday afternoon....I would've planned accordingly. I was steaming when I wrote that post. I'm,honestly, glad people had a good time.....it was just one of those nights that went sour.....for me. I'm going to hit up Tenaglia and expect it to be sh*t.....I should have a great time.

Guest dre4

one thing is for sure-he is always so into the crowd and the music. you can't help but smile and dance when you see him up there working the cdj's and just enjoying himself as if there's no tomorrow

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

To each his own.......I personally thought this was the BEST set i have ever heard Morillo throw down. I went in there thinking it was going to be the ame old stuff he has been playing the last 2 times i saw him. I was completely blown away. In the beginning he was a bit blah.....but as the morning went on around 9-9 until i left at one, He was destroying that place. No commercial crap....just funky, space age, vocal, old school vocals on top of dirty dirty beats, crazy loops. My man was on point. He was having such a good time up there, the crowd loved it. GREAT PARTY. Thats what it is all about for me. The man came correct. To those who werent feeling it.....i dont know. You know what to expect at a morillo party, Hot chicks funky beats and a good time. its all about the party.

To each his own.......I personally thought this was the BEST set i have ever heard Morillo throw down. I went in there thinking it was going to be the ame old stuff he has been playing the last 2 times i saw him. I was completely blown away. In the beginning he was a bit blah.....but as the morning went on around 9-9 until i left at one, He was destroying that place. No commercial crap....just funky, space age, vocal, old school vocals on top of dirty dirty beats, crazy loops. My man was on point. He was having such a good time up there, the crowd loved it. GREAT PARTY. Thats what it is all about for me. The man came correct. To those who werent feeling it.....i dont know. You know what to expect at a morillo party, Hot chicks funky beats and a good time. its all about the party.

+1

I agree with everything u said... My only complaint of the evening was that I dont like events upstairs. The sound system on the patio is not that good.. Also.. the floor shaking like it is going to cave in fucks with my head a little lol - That's A LOT of damn weight on that rooftop.

I thought Morillo brought it proper and nasty.