Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oceanaire on Brickell

Guest macboy

Guest macboy

Actually, it's called The Oceanaire. Top Notch! We briefly mentioned this in the Brickell thread, but no reviews as of yet. Open only two months, I can't recommend this place enough!! Basically, it's a seafood restaurant in the style of steakhouses like Smith & Wollensky, Palm, Sparks, etc. So many choices of fresh fish and shellfish, you'll need time to decide.

Service was excellent. I know I constantly complain about the shitty service down here, but The Oceanaire gets high marks for its attentive and helpful staff.

We started off with the crabcakes and a watercress salad, both of which were very tasty and satisfying.

For the main course, I ordered the five spice sea scallops. My only complaint was that the spices competed too much with each other, one of them being the curry. Taking the curry out of the equation (which was easy), made it quite delectable. Still, I applaud the chef for his creativity. My fiancee had the swordfish, simply grilled to perfection.

Presentation of the dishes was very nice as well.

We finished it off with a slice of Key Lime, which looked big enough for three people. Just as good as at Joe's.

Can't wait to go back. ;D

Guest lulamishka

Actually, it's called The Oceanaire. Top Notch! We briefly mentioned this in the Brickell thread, but no reviews as of yet. Open only two months, I can't recommend this place enough!! Basically, it's a seafood restaurant in the style of steakhouses like Smith & Wollensky, Palm, Sparks, etc. So many choices of fresh fish and shellfish, you'll need time to decide.

Service was excellent. I know I constantly complain about the shitty service down here, but The Oceanaire gets high marks for its attentive and helpful staff.

We started off with the crabcakes and a watercress salad, both of which were very tasty and satisfying.

For the main course, I ordered the five spice sea scallops. My only complaint was that the spices competed too much with each other, one of them being the curry. Taking the curry out of the equation (which was easy), made it quite delectable. Still, I applaud the chef for his creativity. My fiancee had the swordfish, simply grilled to perfection.

We finished it off with a slice of Key Lime, which looked big enough for three people. Just as good as at Joe's.

I shall have to check this out sometime! But what really caught my attention in your review was when you said fiancee! Is this who I remember from a couple years ago?? Damn, her name totally escapes me its been so long... Either way, Dan... MAZEL TOV! :)

Guest becha

For the main course, I ordered the five attractive and successful Americane sea scallops. My only complaint was that the attractive and successful Americanes competed too much with each other, one of them being the curry. Taking the curry out of the equation (which was easy), made it quite delectable. Still, I applaud the chef for his creativity. My fiancee had the swordfish, simply grilled to perfection.

good choice... I've been there too... right when it opened...

The service was excellent and the waiter really knew his stuff...

In a year or two the Brickell area is going to explode...

Mary Brickell Village and the surrounding area is on the verge...