Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Air -- Pocket Symphony

Guest Adam Singer

Guest phillydred

They're gonna be at Coachella!!!!! Sunday sunset set.......

Album was produced by Nigel Goodrich (Bjork, Radiohead, Beck, Thom Yorke solo). Nicolas Godin (one half of the duo) spent like 18 months learning different Asian instruments (like the Koto and Shamisen) so the new album has a strong Eastern influence, and the recordings are more organic, as opposed to their late nineties electronic pop hits. Good stuff though.....

I fucking love this guys and cant wait to see them at the end of this month!!

BTW.... whats with all these french electronic duos:

Daft Punk

Cassius

Air

Modjo

an nearby Germany, Finland, Norway,Sweden duos:

Booka Shade

Royksopp

Jam and Spoon (RIP Jam)

The Knife

Blank and Jones

Tiefschswars

Digitalism

and the UK duos!!! forget it:

Sasha and Diggers

Basement Jaxx

Chemical Bros.

The Young Punx

who do we got:

Gabe and Dres

Joeski and Onionz?

Freaky Flow and Flipside??? (even though they are from Canada)

I know Im missing some good ones....

Guest endymion

This album is excellent. They said in the interview in Remix that it's their ode to the old way of producing an entire album together, that it's probably the last one that they will ever do that way as they move toward producing nothing but singles.

Hey if you like that one also make sure you hear Zero 7's album The Garden.

Guest endymion

shameless other plug for an artist i also like:

http://tychomusic.com

if you like air, i have a feeling you will like him as well -- go order his album 'past is prologue'...trust me :D

Oh wow that was so nice. Thanks buddy!

Guest Adam Singer

shameless other plug for an artist i also like:

http://tychomusic.com

if you like air, i have a feeling you will like him as well -- go order his album 'past is prologue'...trust me :D

Oh wow that was so nice. Thanks buddy!

glad ya dig man, i rather enjoyed the book you recommended so im really happy you liked some music i recommended

Guest endymion

Indeed, Adam. Touche. This all ties together. Air and RJD2 and Tycho and all of these other little duo teams and single artists are just guys running around with laptop computers. It doesn't take a factory to make beautiful music like this any more so why should we let the RIAA own it.

These duos get together so that they can collaborate and share ideas and bounce music back and forth conversationally. They do it in person. Increasingly over distances by emailing production files back and forth. We should be able to just get on web forums and speak in music with total strangers like we're talking here. Some lurker with a new idea should be able to just jump in and jam and contribute something that we all can build on. It's just the natural next step for music culture.

Guest endymion

Another one for this thread: Zero 7, "The Garden" Very 70s organic chillout album from a laptop duo. They sampled beats from real electric organs and other 70s instruments to make it, and it has a very authentic feel with a modern edge.

iPod picks:

"Today" *****

"You're My Flame" ****

"Throw It All Away" ****

Guest Adam Singer

Another one for this thread: Zero 7, "The Garden" Very 70s organic chillout album from a laptop duo. They sampled beats from real electric organs and other 70s instruments to make it, and it has a very authentic feel with a modern edge.

iPod picks:

"Today" *****

"You're My Flame" ****

"Throw It All Away" ****

yah zero 7 is fantastic =)

tech you have exceptional taste in music !!