Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fast Food Nation

Guest Buck White

Guest Buck White

I tell you...ignorance is bliss. Just finished watching this flick. Great cast.

Horrible truths. Upset stomach.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ic143

I tell you...ignorance is bliss. Just finished watching this flick. Great cast.

Horrible truths. Upset stomach.

I couldn't agree more. Just watched it a week ago and felt the same way. Definitely the kind of movie that makes you feel sad, mad and disgusted all at once...

Guest endymion

Has anybody who has seen this movie eaten fast food since seeing it?

I happened to have already stopped eating fast food totally before I even saw this, but like once every six months or something I would go to Wendy's or BK for nostalgia or something. Or maybe on road trips. Now after seeing this movie, and after Super Size Me, there's no looking back.

I remember always wondering whenever there was some E. Coli contamination in meat, like the Jack in the Box restaurants thing, "WTF, how would E. Coli get in the meat?" Eeeeeeeek now I understand. There's shit in the meat.

Guest Buck White

I havent eaten a fast food burger since, honest. That's not to say I'll never eat a steak again. And I'm keenly aware that most of the meat we consume is ,in all likelihood, subjected to similar treatment....but I'm not touching any fast food cattle. None.

Guest endymion

What I want to know now is how widespread is that pressure to run slaughterhouse lines too rapidly? It makes complete sense to me that profitability pressure causes shit to get into the meat, but does that include USDA-inspected meat that I buy at Publix also? Or do the fast food chains purchase much cheaper meat from these immigrant-staffed slaughterhouses on the border?

My wife and I, not Jewish, have been looking into what all of the different "Kosher" symbols mean. Since seeing Fast Food Nation a couple of weeks ago. Even though I'm not Jewish, I might buy meat from a slaughterhouse that I knew was regularly inspected by rabbis, or guys from the USDA, or jeeesh anybody.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest web_norah

Has anybody who has seen this movie eaten fast food since seeing it?

I happened to have already stopped eating fast food totally before I even saw this, but like once every six months or something I would go to Wendy's or BK for nostalgia or something. Or maybe on road trips. Now after seeing this movie, and after Super Size Me, there's no looking back.

I remember always wondering whenever there was some E. Coli contamination in meat, like the Jack in the Box restaurants thing, "WTF, how would E. Coli get in the meat?" Eeeeeeeek now I understand. There's shit in the meat.

OT but the same guy from Super Size Me is doing a film about living on minimum wage for a month and no health care ...people who end up on debt because of the bills, etc.

• 5 months later...
Guest web_norah
there's shit in the meat. just saw this yesterday, wish i hadn't.

this is from "mickey's" website:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/about/factsheets.RowPar.0001.ContentPar.0001.ColumnPar.0008.File1.tmp/Food%20Safety%20FACT%20SHEET.pdf

says everything is super-safe. they're USDA-inspected, so they say... is it all b.s.???

/i'm hungry.

well most foods that are deemed tasty (butter, red meat, ice cream, fried chicken etc) --are in all in some way, bad for you ....but seeing this film confirms that fast food is for the most part the cheapest worse type of food you're eating (even though it may taste good).