Clubplanet Nightlife Community

iPod take a bullet in Iraq, saves owner's life

Guest endymion

Guest endymion

From a Flickr photo set:

My wife’s uncle works in a military hospital and told me about this. Its pretty amazing. Kevin Garrad (3rd Infantry Division) was on a street patrol in Iraq (Tikrit I believe) and as he rounded the corner of a building an armed (AK-47) insurgent came from the other side.

The two of them were within just a few feet of each other when they opened fire. The insurgent was killed and Kevin was hit in the left chest where his IPod was in his jacket pocket. It slowed the bullet down enough that it did not completely penetrate his body armor. Fortunately, Kevin suffered no wound.

short-070405-2.jpg

Good thing he didn't get a Nano for Christmas...

Guest endymion

nanos are for girls

iPod Minis are for girls. iPod Nanos are for athletes.

(That goon on the bottom of the H2O Audio testimonials with a wine cork in his bung hole is me.)

Guest endymion

The hole in my surfski on the top of the deck just in front of my foot pedals lets air in and out as the air inside the ski expands and contracts when the sun hits it. It's called a "bung hole". The ski came from South Africa with a rubber stopper but I lost it. I think it came with a replacement also but I lost that too. My workouts are pretty violent and I get pummeled by monster waves a lot. I just stick a wine cork in my bung hole now instead. Cheap to replace when you lose them.

You know what sucks about the iPhone? I don't see how H2O Audio could possibly make a waterproof case for it. The reason why their Nano cases ROCK is because you can mess with the iPod's controls while it's sealed up. I can switch playlists or pick a podcast to listen to, or hit "pause" or "next" while I'm on the water. How the hell am I supposed to work that touch screen on the iPhone through a water tight case?

If I had a pal in Iraq with an iPod then I would definitely send them an H2O case to help keep the sand out. They must have a high rate of failure over there because of sand getting in them. I'm sure that sand and soldier sweat both kill a lot more iPods than bullets.