Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any electro and/or floors that come alive in soFL?

Guest computerjockey

Guest computerjockey

hey guys - just moved back from NYC after 10 years and totally missed the passion Florida peeps had for their music. Got into electro while I was up there and was wondering if any clubs in Miami play any or if there are any floors that just seem to come alive. Would like a mixed crowd if possible and wanna stay away from any deep house and/or tribal too.

THANKS FOR THE HINTS!!!

Guest 4040

In the blue corner we have deep house wieghing $1.25 and in the red corner we have electro $1.10. LLLLLLLets get ready to rumble!

Guest pod

Well, like I've been saying in other threads throughout the week (wow, for some reason it got busy on that tack...), Miami really doesn't tend to follow specific musical trends in it's club scene, since overall, Miami is not a music town per se. It's a party town where music is one part of the puzzle. We've got a crop of talented DJs and producers here that provide decent soundtracks, thankfully.

Dance music-wise the big clubs (Space, Cameo, Twilo) will generally be playing whatever sound works best for them at any given moment. At Space, you'll get OG and Cedric integrating electro-house tracks into their sets, but not as a staple of the evening, like you would find in a (I guess?) Felix da Housecat set. Or are you talking electro like Dynamix II? DII plays one-off events around here often. But anyway, Cameo will tend to be more commercial dance music, and Twilo tends to go more darker and tribal-ish with the likes of Victor Calderone, Abel, etc.

But on a daily basis, if you're really looking for the more obscure genres, you'll have to go to the more out of the way venues. Grant it, the facilities are often less than ideal, but those are the breaks. It's the same in New York, so you're probably used to it.

Guest ramon

Well, like I've been saying in other threads throughout the week (wow, for some reason it got busy on that tack...), Miami really doesn't tend to follow specific musical trends in it's club scene, since overall, Miami is not a music town per se. It's a party town where music is one part of the puzzle. We've got a crop of talented DJs and producers here that provide decent soundtracks, thankfully.

Dance music-wise the big clubs (Space, Cameo, Twilo) will generally be playing whatever sound works best for them at any given moment. At Space, you'll get OG and Cedric integrating electro-house tracks into their sets, but not as a staple of the evening, like you would find in a (I guess?) Felix da Housecat set. Or are you talking electro like Dynamix II? DII plays one-off events around here often. But anyway, Cameo will tend to be more commercial dance music, and Twilo tends to go more darker and tribal-ish with the likes of Victor Calderone, Abel, etc.

But on a daily basis, if you're really looking for the more obscure genres, you'll have to go to the more out of the way venues. Grant it, the facilities are often less than ideal, but those are the breaks. It's the same in New York, so you're probably used to it.

no in New York you have Cielo.

Guest pod

Did they hire you for PR or something? ;D

Cielo's fantastic, I'll grant you, but is it really the do-all-end all? I've only been like two or three times, and it was for shows that I was into. I don't follow their lineup enough to pass judgement on whether it is truly the do-all-end-all.

But nonetheless, until computerjockey clarifies the issue a bit, it's kinda hard to tell him where he'd be at home.

Guest ramon

Did they hire you for PR or something? ;D

Cielo's fantastic, I'll grant you, but is it really the do-all-end all? I've only been like two or three times, and it was for shows that I was into. I don't follow their lineup enough to pass judgement on whether it is truly the do-all-end-all.

But nonetheless, until computerjockey clarifies the issue a bit, it's kinda hard to tell him where he'd be at home.

they might as well put me on their PR ;)

it is they have eveything from francois k , robots , willie graf , blaze craig richards , mark farina , miguel migs , m.a.n.d.y. , behrouz , sven vath , digital mistikz , kode 9 , rhythm and sound even oscar is playng there 4.26 :)

its my favorite spot in new york ... the techno log cabin is a great way to describe it they serve sapporo.

hey guys - just moved back from NYC after 10 years and totally missed the passion Florida peeps had for their music. Got into electro while I was up there and was wondering if any clubs in Miami play any or if there are any floors that just seem to come alive. Would like a mixed crowd if possible and wanna stay away from any deep house and/or tribal too.

THANKS FOR THE HINTS!!!

no deep house??? u are now my sworn enemy ;D

;)

okay everyone be nice to computerjockey.. i sent him over here from CP since he posts in CP NY - and obviously CP miami is a ghost town.

mixed crowd - i believe he's looking for a non-gay or non-straight party - just a good ol' fashioned party where no one cares your sexual orientation.. .

Guest pod

Heh OK, we'll call off the dogs. I saw him posting on there, didn't want to say anything though, I saw some other stuff that made me want to get into a fight, and I'm trying not to fight these days.

But anyhow, yeah most parties here are mixed actually, to the extent that at any given party, you'll see a variety of people. Sometimes a party will bias towards some sect or another, but if there's one thing Miami has is a good mix of a crowd at some parties.

Heh OK, we'll call off the dogs. I saw him posting on there, didn't want to say anything though, I saw some other stuff that made me want to get into a fight, and I'm trying not to fight these days.

But anyhow, yeah most parties here are mixed actually, to the extent that at any given party, you'll see a variety of people. Sometimes a party will bias towards some sect or another, but if there's one thing Miami has is a good mix of a crowd at some parties.

thanks internet tough guy ;)

Guest Philip

A+ way to break this town down

Guest pod

Kind of out on a limb here since he hasn't answered what he means by electro. Does he mean the real stuff like Dynamix II, etc? Or electro-house as purveyed by Felix, and to a lesser extent, OG and Cedric integrating that sound into their sets...

Guest pod

He's from New York, and as we all know, that automatically confers musical knowledge at the genetic level. Kind of like how Ripley remembered everything prior to Alien:Resurrection when she was cloned. Despite dying in Alien³ in a blaze of glory and all.

He's from New York, and as we all know, that automatically confers musical knowledge at the genetic level. Kind of like how Ripley remembered everything prior to Alien:Resurrection when she was cloned. Despite dying in Alien³ in a blaze of glory and all.

oh mr. crankypants....thats not what was intended.. yer just being a turd.. we've had conversation before regarding music and he's a pretty knowledgeable guy...

sheeze dan ::) ::) ::):P;)