Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gryphon presents Charlie Solana's Birthday celebration- this Friday

Guest Mayor

Guest rhythmdoc

Nice!!! This is going to be a party! Don't know who the other dj is but Charlie is probably closing since Ivano is not in town. Plus it's Charlie's Birthday! OH Shit!!! He is going to tear it up!

I'm so there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Guest candyrollx69

Im gonna have to go help him blow his candle :-* If his gorgeous wife allows me ;)

me and K0Ky will keep his wife busy while you do what you have to do ;)

Guest rhythmdoc

well, what can i say.......party was out of control but only when charlie got on. the opening dj was just not cutting it. i got there early and this jp riguad was playing god knows what. some generic type of house. he would go from deep house to afro to brazilian then to some chill stuff. damn, he was putting everybody to sleep! i asked him when charlie was going on and he was so fucking rude. it looked like he was really stressing and honestly he looked like he did not know what he was actually doing. there was absolutely no flow to his horrific set! then around 12:30 charlie walks in with like 10 beautiful girls! wow!! god damn!! i greet him and then let him be with his beautiful wife and all her friends. did i mention how hot they are. especially his wife (no disrespect charlie, lol, you know she's also hot) you are one lucky mofo! anyway....i ask him what time he was going on and he told me that he is scheduled to go on @ 2am but as i'm talking to him the manager of the club tells charlie to get this dj off the decks immediately and go right on! how funny is that! man at that point i really felt so sorry for that dj jp riguad.

to make a long story short, charlie got on and the whole energy level of the club changed. immediately people started dancing and it was another great set by mr charlie solana! lasers all night were reading happy birthday and not only was charlie happy but his party of his friends (like 30 people mostly girls) in the vip tables right next to the dj booth were throwing down their own party! wow!! again charlie, you are one lucky mofo and like i told you when i met you.."when i grow up i want to be like you" lol!!! :)

oh btw...gryphon if you read this, mayor i know you read these boards, do not hire this jp riguad again!!!

what a waste of money that was!!!!!

Guest colione98

well, what can i say.......party was out of control but only when charlie got on. the opening dj was just not cutting it. i got there early and this jp riguad was playing god knows what. some generic type of house. he would go from deep house to afro to brazilian then to some chill stuff. damn, he was putting everybody to sleep! i asked him when charlie was going on and he was so fucking rude. it looked like he was really stressing and honestly he looked like he did not know what he was actually doing. there was absolutely no flow to his horrific set! then around 12:30 charlie walks in with like 10 beautiful girls! wow!! god damn!! i greet him and then let him be with his beautiful wife and all her friends. did i mention how hot they are. especially his wife (no disrespect charlie, lol, you know she's also hot) you are one lucky mofo! anyway....i ask him what time he was going on and he told me that he is scheduled to go on @ 2am but as i'm talking to him the manager of the club tells charlie to get this dj off the decks immediately and go right on! how funny is that! man at that point i really felt so sorry for that dj jp riguad.

to make a long story short, charlie got on and the whole energy level of the club changed. immediately people started dancing and it was another great set by mr charlie solana! lasers all night were reading happy birthday and not only was charlie happy but his party of his friends (like 30 people mostly girls) in the vip tables right next to the dj booth were throwing down their own party! wow!! again charlie, you are one lucky mofo and like i told you when i met you.."when i grow up i want to be like you" lol!!! :)

oh btw...gryphon if you read this, mayor i know you read these boards, do not hire this jp riguad again!!!

Hey, we are definitely entitled to our own opinions but JP Riquad is a well regarded dj both amongst this area and internationally in his own right.

Just let it be also known that everyone can have an off night especially at gryphon. Its not the easiest of rooms to play- ask Shawn Rudnick the first time he played- he was all over the place but came back the next time and really applied himself....

in other words, lets just keep it mature and professional because reputations are on the line here and mouths have to be fed.... ;)

P.S.- that whole thread concerning him read personal issues towards him if anything- if so for that, keep it off the boards... ;)

Guest rhythmdoc

Hey, we are definitely entitled to our own opinions but JP Riquad is a well regarded dj both amongst this area and internationally in his own right.

Just let it be also known that everyone can have an off night especially at gryphon. Its not the easiest of rooms to play- ask Shawn Rudnick the first time he played- he was all over the place but came back the next time and really applied himself....

in other words, lets just keep it mature and professional because reputations are on the line here and mouths have to be fed.... ;)

P.S.- that whole thread concerning him read personal issues towards him if anything- if so for that, keep it off the boards... ;)

that's right...we are entitled to our own opinion and that is what i gave! point blank! i called it the way i saw it and heard it!

question? were u there? and....if you were there, what time were you there? i heard almost all of jp riguad's set and i was there and heard one of the managers tell charlie to get this guy off! i agree with you there that it's not an easy room to play. i have seen several dj's come in and flop! but my friend, i believe as a professional dj you should come into a room and be prepared for whatever. do some research. if you are a local come by the club a couple of times before your gig to check out the crowd and see what you are up against! there is no fucking excuse! now my original review was not personnel against jp riguad, i was just stating the FACTS! get it mr. colione98?????

now, let's squash this and not take away anymore attention from mr. charlie solana's birthday thread and a fucking great set that mofo threw down! i saw that he was recording and charlie if you read this....i want a copy. u know i always pay!!!!!! :)

Guest LorenaTech

I was there early with a couple of my friends. I dont know about anyone elses opinion but i sure as hell could'nt wait for Charlie to get on the decks. I saw everyone complaining about the music. And i really could'nt get into it even with a few drinks in me. And imo if reputations are at stake. And mouths need to be fed. Maybe he better get to work on his dj'ing and track selection if he wants to keep feeding those mouths with dj'ing as a career. Just my opinion :-*

Charlie Rocked it! :o

Guest colione98

that's right...we are entitled to our own opinion and that is what i gave! point blank! i called it the way i saw it and heard it!

question? were u there? and....if you were there, what time were you there? i heard almost all of jp riguad's set and i was there and heard one of the managers tell charlie to get this guy off! i agree with you there that it's not an easy room to play. i have seen several dj's come in and flop! but my friend, i believe as a professional dj you should come into a room and be prepared for whatever. do some research. if you are a local come by the club a couple of times before your gig to check out the crowd and see what you are up against! there is no fucking excuse! now my original review was not personnel against jp riguad, i was just stating the FACTS! get it mr. colione98?????

now, let's squash this and not take away anymore attention from mr. charlie solana's birthday thread and a fucking great set that mofo threw down! i saw that he was recording and charlie if you read this....i want a copy. u know i always pay!!!!!! :)

Hey brotha relax buddy... Next time I'm at the gryph, we'll chat and have a drink on this... He even openly admitted that he got kicked off..- No biggie.. But you didn't have to take it to that extent is all I'm saying.....

Guest rhythmdoc

Hey brotha relax buddy... Next time I'm at the gryph, we'll chat and have a drink on this... He even openly admitted that he got kicked off..- No biggie.. But you didn't have to take it to that extent is all I'm saying.....

no problem. i'll be there this saturday. as for the drink, i'll take redbull or a water, becasue...well, you can figure it out! lol!!!! :)

Guest SFP Records

I'm glad some of you finally noticed that Gryphon is the ONLY straight club in South Florida playing underground house music Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the past 2 1/2 years.

In order to do that you need talented DJs and from Ivano Bellini to Charlie Solana, to Ralf Falcon and Behrouz we never had any complains on our bookings.

JP Rigaud was, and he's still, one of the few DJs bringing a different sound to Miami the past 15 years. As a true harcore underground DJ JP is still spinning vinyl and as a true "DJ" club Gryphon has 2 turntables. The problem one of them wasn't working... So when you spin half of your set on vinyl and the other half on borrowed CDs the music might sound a bit eclectic.....

I believe when Charlie took over the dancefloor was packed anyway and as usual Mr Solana kept the crowd going until 6 am...

As house music aficionados, we should all be glad that you can walk in a club 3 nights a week without listening to Billy Jean or Like A Virgin instead of criticizing the true DJs...

Charlie Solana new single "Realidad" is up for sale on Beatport. He will be spinning at Gryphon this Friday May 4 with Ivano and Saturday May 5 with Ralf Falcon.

JP Rigaud is packing to be Saint Tropez Nikki Beach resident DJ for the entire summer.

If you need professional DJs just contact marc@sfprecords.com