Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant Miami

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Went there last night to see a friend play some congo dums with a jazz band that plays there.

I didn't have anything to eat but I was watching what other people were eating and the food looked fantastic!

The place is also a really nice joint. The drinks are cheap.

I had a rum drink and a Saporro beer and the bill was $11 bucks..

There is a mix of meats, seafood and veggie dishes so meat lovers and vegetarians can both enjoy the wide variety of food there.

The ambiance is nice and they also have a shop that sells authentic African artifacts and drums. etc..

I looked at the menu and the prices for entrees range from $16-$35. Apps where an avg of $8-$9.

You only get forks and knives if you ask for them. Otherwise you eat Ethiopian food with your hands!

Great place for groups. There was a group of around 30 people that they accomidated.

Also this is a good date place. They say eating Ethiopian food with your bare hands is a very erotic thing to do.

So if you're looking to get some lovin' this place will do the trick!

;)

4029 N.Miami Avenue

Miami Fl 33137

305-573-1819

www.shebamiami.com

Guest 029

i've been there only once so far. nice place, good food, good ethiopean beer & atmosphere/music. i have to say that for the type of simple food (basicaly a crepe with "filings") they serve, it's way overpriced imho (must be the location). still a good place to check out and try out some new flavah!

Guest swirlundergrounder

i've been there only once so far. nice place, good food, good ethiopean beer & atmosphere/music. i have to say that for the type of simple food (basicaly a crepe with "filings") they serve, it's way overpriced imho (must be the location). still a good place to check out and try out some new flavah!

Hey when you got a monopoly in hte area, you can charge what you want.

As far as I know, it's the only Ethiopian place in Miami right?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Satan

I've been meaning to check this place out for a while now...

I wanna check this out! First i hear of it.

Guest Electric Eel

I've been meaning to check this place out for a while now...

I wanna check this out! First i hear of it.

You guys better not go without me!

• 1 month later...
Guest speedway

I'm sure there has already been a thread on Sheba the Ethiopian restaurant in the Design District. But wanted to share my experience going there for the first time.

First off, I was just recently exposed to Ethiopian food on a trip to the Bay Area. A friend took me to an Ethiopian restaurant in Oakland (where there are several) that totally blew me away. I loved the whole experience (eating with your hands, trying different spices and flavors, etc). Thus coming off that my expectations were high.

I must say I was fairly disappointed in Sheba. First off, the fancy decor with the linen tablecloths, candlelight, etc just doesn't fit with this type of cuisine. I was expecting something more "organic". Everyone I saw in the place was eating with a fork and knife which may be akin to eating sushi with a fork not sticks.

The service was poor with the waitress not able to properly expound on the menu or the cuisine (something that is vital at a place like this).

Prices a bit high for what the quality of food as well.

I walked away stuffed - how could you not with the bread they serve you - but the flavors of the dishes were not nearly as satisfying as what I had out west.

I had the vegetarian combo (five different veggy dishes) and my wife had a meat dish.

Anyway, if this place has a monopoly on Ethiopian food in Miami, I guess I may go back if someone in my party really wants to go. But if not, I will wait until I am back in SF or in NYC to go Ethiopian again.

Does anyone know if there is another Ethiopian restaurant in South Florida? If so, I'll be happy to try it.