Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P.F. Chang's Oolong Marinated Sea Bass

Guest lulamishka

Guest lulamishka

So I had dinner at P.F. Chang's with my mom last weekend. With her being a vegetarian (well, if we wanna get technical, she's an ovo-lacto-pescitarian), she wanted something different than her usual shrimp.

Make a long story short, we see there's sea bass on the menu, but she didn't really want to order it since it was on the expensive side (compared to the other dishes we were ordering). Our waiter heard us mention the sea bass and told us that it is actually their best item on the menu. He went on to say that the employees are no longer allowed to order it even. I guess they get it for free or at a discount, but they were ordering it so much that management put a stop to it. Hehe. Anywho, with all that being said, my mom decided to try it.

Apparently, and this is according to our server, the sea bass is marinated in oolong tea for two days. And it comes broiled and served with sweet ginger soy sauce and spinach.

LET ME TELL YOU... I ALWAYS order Mongolian Beef when I go to P.F. Chang's. It never fails! Hell, I even ordered it that night with my mom. But for the first time, I tried a dish at P.F. Chang's that threatened to dethrone my beloved Mongolian Beef. I didn't really care to eat my MB after I tasted the sea bass! And mind you, I have a love/hate relationship with sea bass. It was that good! Seriously, if you're looking to try something new instead of your usual favorites at P.F. Chang's, try the Oolong Marinated Sea Bass! It's Lula approved. :)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Sorry nothing beats Mongolian Beef..

To bad I don't eat beef anymore but I go to the Mama Fu's place near my house and have the Mongolian Shrimp which is just as good!

YUMMMMY!!

Guest lulamishka

To bad I don't eat beef anymore but I go to the Mama Fu's place near my house and have the Mongolian Shrimp which is just as good!

YUMMMMY!!

Terry, did you know that you can ask for Mongolian Shrimp at P.F. Chang's, although its not on the menu? ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

YUMMMMY!!

Terry, did you know that you can ask for Mongolian Shrimp at P.F. Chang's, although its not on the menu? ;D

Maybe I'll ask for Mongolian Sea Bass....

;D

• 2 months later...
Guest JMT

i flirted with the idea of getting the Oolong (non) Sea Bass today, but instead i went with the more economical Ginger Chicken as i wasn't paying the bill and didn't want to burden my meal ticket. maybe next time.

however, that's not the point of my post. i sampled a little of the 'Great Wall of Chocolate' for dessert and i must say, it's a home friggin' run! 'Great Wall of Delicious' is more like it. i had no idea it would be that good.

Guest lulamishka

Not to knock the oolong marinated sea bass, but... I ordered it for a 2nd time, maybe a couple weeks after the first time... and it wasn't as worthy of dethroning my beloved Mongolian Beef that time. Then again, and like I've said before... I have a love/hate relationship with sea bass.

I still recommend you guys try it at least once.

Guest RzO

i have never had a sea bass that was bad, by far the best fish imo, and a versatile one with recipes.

my favorite thing at pf changs is the kung pow shrimp. I love it!

Im sure many of you know but i still get a kick out of the real name for csb.... Patagonian Toothfish- lol, i wonder why they don't call it that at restaurants! hah

Guest JMT

i have never had a sea bass that was bad, by far the best fish imo, and a versatile one with recipes.

that's probably why i have never been able to warm up to it. it's versatile to a fault. it's too mild and too mushy. it's so neutral it will taste like whatever you drench it in.

i was going to try this one, but since Lula's retraction, i'll go back to the usual suspects.

Guest lulamishka

i was going to try this one, but since Lula's retraction, i'll go back to the usual suspects.

Nooo nooo! Try it at least once!!

Guest JMT

If you want an excellent sea bass, get it at City Cellar, it is to die for!!

that's exactly what i was told about Bond Street's. yet, i wouldn't get it again. maybe i'm just not a sea bass guy. :-\

Guest Mattivi

grouper is still king of the sea for me. If you really want to try really great seafood at great prices go to Captains Tavern on US1 in kendall or pinecrest i believe. the Scallops Provencal is to die for.

Guest web_norah

^^ i am also a grouper fan (more than Seabass)

and yes, PF Changs is good food, to me it is what China Grill really is without the over-the-top noise (music) they feature when you dine there.

If you want an excellent sea bass, get it at City Cellar, it is to die for!!

that's exactly what i was told about Bond Street's. yet, i wouldn't get it again. maybe i'm just not a sea bass guy. :-\

Did you have the seabass skewers at Bond Street? I think they are outtttta this world!! LOL I just had them on Sunday when i was there....

Love me some seabass!!

Guest JMT
Did you have the seabass skewers at Bond Street? I think they are outtttta this world!! LOL I just had them on Sunday when i was there....

Love me some seabass!!

are those new? i don't recall seeing them on the menu. but i had the "steamed black seabass" in sizzling oil.

Guest lulamishka

was it at least ill-tempered?

Are you referring to the Ginger Chicken? lol

no, silly. it's from austin powers.

lol... I didn't catch the reference. :-[

Love me some seabass!!

are those new? i don't recall seeing them on the menu. but i had the "steamed black seabass" in sizzling oil.

noo they've been there for a while... they are under the appetizers... the sauce that is drizzled on them (like a sweet miso) is the bomb.. there are 4 pieces on each skewer (so 8 pieces total).. they are grilled then drizzled with the sauce...

Orgasmic! I always get those along with the eggplant appetizer... sooo good.... also had fresh raw octopus - first time having it - it was awesome!