Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MDW South Beach Arrest Pick'em

V. Barbarino

How many arrests this year, last year there were 1,010.  

1. 1. How many arrests this year, last year there were 1,010.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mr.miami

I expect a new record each year and I'm pretty sure the quality of thugs that show up for memorial day will meet my expectations.

Guest pod

It could go either way. The cops might loosen up to keep the NAACP happy, or they might just go 'screw it' and thump some skulls to keep the residents happy.

I don't see these cops as racist, either, since there's plenty of Latin and black guys and girls on the force.

Guest Mayor

they have been amping up for the past few months

Why do you think they have been arresting these high profile players/rappers

To show that any one that breaks the law is going to jail

no special favors

Guest coach

It really depends. The commission may decide that we have had enough bad press and tell the cops to lighten up. But, you never know. The Portofino Gestapo Corp may show up and put the crackdown on stuff.

Guest coach

hassling hip hoppers is not bad press, it's great press!!!

Actually, it sends the message that there is a "problem" in your community, thereby discouraging nice rich old white folk from moving there.

Guest pod

Not for nothing but nice rich old white folk aren't good for the beach either. I'd rather dodge a few bullets and have some fun than play shuffleboard with Herschel and Edna.

Guest coach

Not for nothing but nice rich old white folk aren't good for the beach either. I'd rather dodge a few bullets and have some fun than play shuffleboard with Herschel and Edna.

That's my point. In any case, I think the arrests will be well over 1000 and then this'll be the year that kills it. Attendance will die off rapidly over the next few years. Maybe, if we work hard enough, we can kill off all tourism on the beach, put all the businesses out of business and go back to being a nice, quiet crackhead haven.

Guest JMT

i used to kick ass at shuffleboard at my grandparents' condo. i wish more buildings had it for the younger generation.

Guest Buck White

I use to play as well, I was a lifeguard and when no one was in the pool, I use to play a game or to.

Did you "use" to be able to spell "two" ?

Guest Devilicious

i used to kick ass at shuffleboard at my grandparents' condo. i wish more buildings had it for the younger generation.

I kick ass at the card game Bridge, which is an old people's game. I wish I could play more than once a year :-\

Washington was already barricaded off last night! Looks like they are closing off some major streets. And yes the cops in general have been cracking down on virtually everything on the beach so I concur, this year will bring more arrests than ever!

Guest LeVeL

I dont think there will be any record breaking arrests this year in the Beach. The people who are coming down have been warned and a lot of the artists coming down with their entourage know what to expect.

In my opinion this is great for our city, it just draws so much money into the City of Miami Beach. This is like Winter Music Conference but for Hip Hop, I for one have gone to the Beach to enjoy the memorial day weekend festivities and have enjoyed myself. The bad thing about it is that Sobe is so packed that its such a hassle to even get to the Beach if your not a Sobe local.

But let me ask you guys something..if Memorial Day weekend was full of white people who came down to party all weekend and listen to rock music all weekend then you woulddn't have as many people criticizing and making assumptions to how many whites would be arrested but people always try to play the race card simply because the majority is black who came to party and have a good time.

A lot of you guys dont know what your missing, the best hip hop dj's will be playing at the clubs this weekend, your not going to hear Fergie- My Humps being played at a Hip hop club this weekend. Your going to hear a lot of new hip hop that has yet to hit the streets, there wont be a Dj Nikolas spinning open format or your usual hip hop being played.

Guest donkules37

But let me ask you guys something..if Memorial Day weekend was full of white people who came down to party all weekend and listen to rock music all weekend then you woulddn't have as many people criticizing and making assumptions to how many whites would be arrested but people always try to play the race card simply because the majority is black who came to party and have a good time.

Do you think there would be the same # of arrests?