Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carnival Center wants $4 mil from Miami-Dade County.

Guest pod

Guest coach

Bling - How much do you pay for parking at Broward? You can park near PAC for $10, sometimes less. Factor in your gas money, too, for driving an additional 80 miles (40 each way).

Sr. Miami - they DO have $10 (and less) seating at many shows.

Pod - While it is unlikely you will get the free drinks that you are used to at the clubs (until you put some effort into getting the photographic hookup at the PAC), the drinks are still much less than most nightclubs. Sometimes they only have wine & champagne, but other times they have a larger selection.

There, are you all happy now?

Guest endymion

If Pod were to do photography at fine arts fundraisers then I guarantee that I could arrange for him to be wasted by the time he left the event. No offense to the photographer for the Green Room Society, but don't you think Pod's photos are better than these?

Guest coach

Um, how come that last one isn't even level???

Are you a Green Room member? We've been thinking about joining, but they don't seem to do enough events to make it worthwhile. Not like Gen Art.

Guest coach

Yep, the airport really pisses me off. People need to go to jail for a long time on that. On the PAC, I think they just overestimated their attendance. People have to get used to having real culture in their town. Once they do and everything settles in, I think it'll be alright.

Guest pod

Yeah they were a little too optimistic on their first season estimates. Eventually it'll settle into it's role. Once Downtown gets marginally straightened out, they'll have more of an audience.

Guest endymion

There is also BIG controversy about bookings. Which shows they picked for the first season. Some of them were completely deserted. And they still made tens of millions in revenue. The reports of the center's death are greatly exaggerated.

Guest pod

It's not gonna die. Too big to do so. However, they need to straighten out their procedures there before it becomes an Airport-sized issue.

Guest pod

$500 mil, that's a fucking disgrace. Give the PAC their $4, I'm not mad about that anymore. Hell, give the PAC $40. It's a drop in the bucket compared to what our POS airport is sucking up.

FLL Airport is ten million times better. I did a shoot there last week and it was so efficient and refreshing.

Guest coach

Damn, I wish I'd worked some of those nice empty houses. Every time I worked it was fucking slammed and we busted our asses. Not even anywhere to sit most of the time. And that was on Wednesdays.

Seriously, $4 Mil is nothing.

Bling - How much do you pay for parking at Broward? You can park near PAC for $10, sometimes less. Factor in your gas money, too, for driving an additional 80 miles (40 each way).

Sr. Miami - they DO have $10 (and less) seating at many shows.

Pod - While it is unlikely you will get the free drinks that you are used to at the clubs (until you put some effort into getting the photographic hookup at the PAC), the drinks are still much less than most nightclubs. Sometimes they only have wine & champagne, but other times they have a larger selection.

There, are you all happy now?

10 BUCKS AT BROWARD CENTER.... as well. I have heard nightmares from a lot of people though that valet parking for instance at PAC could take up to 2 hrs to get your car for larger events

Went for the first time on Saturday. Bebel - is amazing.

And the carnival center aswell, the acoustics were phenomenal.

It was a little pricey but i got to see amazing talent singer up close.

Would of easily spent the same amt of money & more on a night of clubbing.

I hope they book me interesting events..

This is another place that get over looked.

Arturo Sandavals Jazz club

http://www.arturosandovaljazzclub.com/

they have the dirty brass band playing there tomm