Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got TOOL?!

Guest Marina22

Guest Revinant

opening act kinda sucked for me, some japs from tokyo called melt banana

btw tool is f.ing good 8)

Guest Davenavarro10

Tool is great. My only complaint is that they only performed

about 10 or 11 songs. I was hoping I'd get to hear Aenima, H, Eulogy, and The Pot. Hopefully they'll be back in the fall or in 2008 and I'll get to here some of those songs.

Guest Davenavarro10

Hey Pod what have you got to say about Tool? Are they 90's has-beens like The Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam? Or are you a fan?

show was really good, but not great...

opening act freaked me out.

tool played a good range of new & old stuff, i was happy with that.

coulda been better, they didn't play any encores, wtf is that??? i don't think i've ever been to a concert before when they didn't play at least 1 encore. and it's not like the crowd wasn't into it...they definitely were.

had a great time, tool f'ing rocks.

Guest vaughan

coulda been better, they didn't play any encores, wtf is that??? i don't think i've ever been to a concert before when they didn't play at least 1 encore. and it's not like the crowd wasn't into it...they definitely were.

We had a good time... we had a great view from the box right to stage right... So... I guess we had a Tool-Box. It perplexed me that Maynard sang backwards the entire set. Then I did some Google'ing and he is a true musician who wants the collective sound/message of their music to prevail over any "front-man" or rock-star bullshit.

I like Tool, not a "fan" but enjoyed the show.

last time i saw them he did the same thing, i guess that's his schtick i guess. last time i saw them though he was much more into it, he went nuts, this time around a lot more subdued.

a crowd like that always cracks me up....thos peope that try their hardest to reject "conformity" and whatnot, and try so hard to be unique, but when you put 20,000 of them in the same room then they all look exactly alike, no different from a bunch of frat boys at a dmb concert (well, a little different...)

Guest AlanS

We had a good time... we had a great view from the box right to stage right... So... I guess we had a Tool-Box. It perplexed me that Maynard sang backwards the entire set. Then I did some Google'ing and he is a true musician who wants the collective sound/message of their music to prevail over any "front-man" or rock-star bullshit.

I like Tool, not a "fan" but enjoyed the show.

That's the norm.. I'd also expect painted from head to toe in purple.. maybe green?

Guest Marina22

I had a good time at the Tool show as well. I liked the show both musically, good variety, and visually. :o Tight band (understatement), great sound (they made it louder):) and I respect that whole collective thing they got going.. I noticed how he was on his side, they all had one screen behind them, and I wasn't sure if he was turned away the entire show but I guess so? As far as the crowd, I agree with Apotheosis about the whole "let's be individuals" thing! LOL I think the crowd was a bit lifeless and blah (for freaks anyways).. ::) How was the floor ppl? Was there any moshing? I could only see some pit action but I guess Tool is usually a bit slower for that..

Guest Davenavarro10

I was on the floor, right by the sound board and I don't think I saw any moshing whatsoever. I think it was because even though Tool rock, in a way I would say that they didn't rock that evening. It was a more subtle way of rocking. The songs that they chose to play and they order in which they played them I think kept the moshing to a minimum. I really wish they would've played at U.M. though.

Guest Marina22

Since I don't know all their song titles, does anyone know where I could find the tracklist for that night?

Guest armand1210

Yeah, a bit dissappointed in not seeing any moshing (there was a crowd surf or two). Odd seeing a metal crowd that sedated !

Tracklist if I'm not mistaken was more or less as follows :

Jambi

Stinkfist

46 & 2

Schism

Lost Keys

Rosetta Stoned

Pushit

Wings For Marie

10,000 Days

Lateralus

Vicarious

Guest Marina22

Yeah, a bit dissappointed in not seeing any moshing (there was a crowd surf or two). Odd seeing a metal crowd that sedated !

Tracklist if I'm not mistaken was more or less as follows :

Jambi

Stinkfist

46 & 2

Schism

Lost Keys

Rosetta Stoned

Pushit

Wings For Marie

10,000 Days

Lateralus

Vicarious

Nice Armand, only know a few by name now so thanks, much appreciated. I'd see them again but I'd rather see them somewhere other than here.. ::)