Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Times Best of Miami 2007

Guest lulamishka

Guest lulamishka

It's out today. I've skimmed the list online and already have seen several places that have been mentioned here in Food Junkies. :) Here are some of them:

Best Seafood Restaurant - The Oceanaire Seafood Room

Best Spanish Restaurant - Ideas Restaurant

Best Wine Selection in a Restaurant - Maroosh

Best Sushi Restaurant - Su-Shin Izakaya

Best Restaurant Under the Radar - 8 1/2 Restaurant

Best Restaurant to Take Out-of-Towners - Sushisamba Dromo

Best PreDinner Molecular Cocktail - Barton G. The Restaurant

Best Nicaraguan Restaurant - Yambo

Best Brunch Buffet - Nikki Beach

Guest coach

I wish they'd do those recommendations at two price points each, at least. It doesn't do a lot of people much good when most of the restaurants listed are high end.

Guest lulamishka

I wish they'd do those recommendations at two price points each, at least. It doesn't do a lot of people much good when most of the restaurants listed are high end.

You have a point there.

Guest endymion

We just had a discussion about that here for when Apotheosis' parents came to town. None of us agreed with this pick.

Guest Civs

It's out today. I've skimmed the list online and already have seen several places that have been mentioned here in Food Junkies. :) Here are some of them:

Best Brunch Buffet - Nikki Beach

hell f@#$ing NO!!!

wonder how much these places pay New Times to list them as part of their best of

Guest coach

It isn't that they pay specifically to be listed. But it is usually done in response to taking out good advertising packages. There's never anything written regarding the tit for tat, and everyone at the paper will deny it to their grave. But having been in the position of being an advertiser in local rags for many years, I know quite well how it works.

What's your pick for best brunch buffet?

Guest lulamishka

We just had a discussion about that here for when Apotheosis' parents came to town. None of us agreed with this pick.

Yea, I don't agree with it either. I have no reason to go back to that place, except maybe to have a cocktail or two. Foodwise, thanks, but I'll pass. The food is not worth the price they're charging for it.

We even had a 9-page thread about it on Miami Junkies a long time ago when a group of us had dinner there.

Guest lulamishka

who me?

Actually, I think it was Josh/Cosmigonon. ???

Guest lulamishka

It isn't that they pay specifically to be listed. But it is usually done in response to taking out good advertising packages. There's never anything written regarding the tit for tat, and everyone at the paper will deny it to their grave. But having been in the position of being an advertiser in local rags for many years, I know quite well how it works.

I thought New Times readers voted in their 'Best' choices among a list of categories? ???

who me?

must be...my parents don't come to visit poor lil me. :-[

Guest lulamishka

who me?

must be...my parents don't come to visit poor lil me. :-[

Awww, poor Ryry. :'(

Guest Civs

Biltmore is great but twice the price of nikki.

this one is not bad:

River House

Guest coach

I thought New Times readers voted in their 'Best' choices among a list of categories? ???

That is definitely what they like you to think. And a few of them might actually work that way, but that would be more of a coincidence than anything.