Clubplanet Nightlife Community

?????

Guest knebula

Guest knebula

Your first club experience-Name the club, event if any, and how long ago.....

Cameo-All Ages in 1993......hehe Uncle Al is in da house....

Guest 4040

THe Edge>>1993>>Bruce Wilcox>>R.I.P.

I'll never forget this night. I remember waiting in line hearing that constant bass throbbing through my body while blowing up with my friend the red devil. Eagerly awaiting to get in you can see the smoke oozing out the front door while line moved at a snails pace. Once I stepped in it was a whole other world that I have never experienced, the bass was quaking, lasers being shot every wich way, strobes flashing, kids battling it out with light savers, trails from glowsticks, and everyone coming together for one sole purpose and that was to dance. I was completely mezmorized. This later became a weekly institution, that was until Fever crew arrived and destroyed the whole scene around 1995.

Guest myles hie

I'll never forget this night. I remember waiting in line hearing that constant bass throbbing through my body while blowing up with my friend the red devil. Eagerly awaiting to get in you can see the smoke oozing out the front door while line moved at a snails pace. Once I stepped in it was a whole other world that I have never experienced, the bass was quaking, lasers being shot every wich way, strobes flashing, kids battling it out with light savers, trails from glowsticks, and everyone coming together for one sole purpose and that was to dance. I was completely mezmorized. This later became a weekly institution, that was until Fever crew arrived and destroyed the whole scene around 1995.

wow, that was my experiance also, almost to a t. Except sub red devils for Choco chip doubles. Fecking amazing, literally changed my life. I'll never forget that kick drum, bass boom thumping all night. I remember riding to the club jammin' Pretty Hate Machine thinking that was some crazy music, haveing no idea about the music i was about to experiance.. :D

Guest Juniper

Club F/X circa '98 in Seattle, WA - saw a young lady now known as Chloe Harris there around that time

Guest 4040

wow, that was my experiance also, almost to a t. Except sub red devils for Choco chip doubles. Fecking amazing, literally changed my life. I'll never forget that kick drum, bass boom thumping all night. I remember riding to the club jammin' Pretty Hate Machine thinking that was some crazy music, haveing no idea about the music i was about to experiance.. :D

Was a beautiful time. For me it was a long time coming. My brother and his friends introduced me to edm around 92 and was dying for them to take me to the parties but I was still to young so I would just listen to the music night and day studing/enjoying it til the day came.

Guest myles hie

Was a beautiful time. For me it was a long time coming. My brother and his friends introduced me to edm around 92 and was dying for them to take me to the parties but I was still to young so I would just listen to the music night and day studing/enjoying it til the day came.

Beautiful and naive.

Guest pod

Awwwww...

First club? Some no name dump somewhere.

First club down here? The original Chili Pepper I think.

Turned it into a job around '99 or so.

Guest 4040

Awwwww...

First club? Some no name dump somewhere.

First club down here? The original Chili Pepper I think.

Turned it into a job around '99 or so.

In the Grove or Ft. laudy?

Guest pod

I'm shocked you even own up to that, Bling. I think the deep house KGB is keeping a file on you now. Crimes against the state, that sort of thing.

Guest HouseJunkie

Space patio… early 90s.

Never seen so many hot women it one place before without at least one coming up to me an asking if I want a lap dance, a bald headed guy (later crown king of the patio) behind the decks dropping tunes that just makes your body move, sweet baseline flowing from subs next to the dance floor that would kill a diabetic…. that’s how my addiction starting and I’ve been in therapy ever since.

Guest speedway

Avenue A party at Cameo in 1989 - 17 years old - no idea how I even got in.

Had a similar mesmerizing experience (like the one described re: the Edge), the first time I went to Simon's in Gainesville in the spring of 1991.

Guest HouseJunkie

Space patio… early 90s.

Wow, Space was open in the early 90s? ;D

Plus or minus a decade :)

Guest Floribel

In the states, Simon's. 1996.

The first club that did me in was back in Puerto Rico "Ibiza"... went once and that did me in... looking back I was way too young to be out clubbing as a sophmore in HS... sometimes I wonder how I didn't turn out to be a total loser, and I wonder how the people that worked there didn't have a problem with me and my two friends being there. Then again, in Puerto Rico you can drink as long as you reach the bar.

Guest thelurker

The first club that did me in was back in Puerto Rico "Ibiza"... went once and that did me in... looking back I was way too young to be out clubbing as a sophmore in HS... sometimes I wonder how I didn't turn out to be a total loser, and I wonder how the people that worked there didn't have a problem with me and my two friends being there. Then again, in Puerto Rico you can drink as long as you reach the bar.

Hey you grew up in PR too? I went to High School in Ponce, absolutely no club scene. Depressing really :( , but you are right about the drinking scene. I was ordering drinks at the bar around 15-16y/o. Oddly enough I also ended up in school in Gainesville and my 1st "club" experience was DJ Icey @ Simons in 1998. Those were the days...

Guest Floribel

The first EDM club was back in Puerto Rico "Ibiza"... went once and that did me in... looking back I was way too young to be out clubbing (at that type of club) as a sophmore in HS... sometimes I wonder how I didn't turn out to be a total loser, and I wonder how the people that worked there didn't have a problem with me and my two friends being there. Then again, in Puerto Rico you can drink as long as you reach the bar.

The first EDM club was back in Puerto Rico "Ibiza"... went once and that did me in... looking back I was way too young to be out clubbing (at that type of club) as a sophmore in HS... sometimes I wonder how I didn't turn out to be a total loser, and I wonder how the people that worked there didn't have a problem with me and my two friends being there. Then again, in Puerto Rico you can drink as long as you reach the bar.

You quoted yourself. If you hit the "modify" option it will let you edit your post. :P

Guest knebula

wow...goosebumps....I remember my first time at the edge like it was yesterday..ufffff

Guest jkfunkee

1991. friends older brother started making BYOB parties at a hotel ball room. had to be 18 to get in, but i would come with 4-5 girls from my HS and we never had a problem. then later that same year the promoters heard of rave parties and we started traveling all over the east coast. but it was late 1992 before i got into the music. mr kleen, scott richmond, and david hollands came to town and blew our minds. previously it had been locals and whatnot and we just cared about chicks and getting high. it was also that nite that i heard house music that i liked for the first time. ty for bringing back the memories.

late

j.

Guest Devilicious

First Friday monthly party at I dunno what club, in Greensboro, NC in the fall of 1995

Guest dre4

I want to say Zei club also known as Glow, mid to late 90s, sophomore-junior in HS.

Almost 10 years ago for me.

that's hilarious-same with me. i started going there when i was 15, 11 years ago, and then promoted some events there for a company named sigma entertainment. what dj's would even spin there back then?

then some clubs in greece

but first real event in which i went strictly for the dj was oakenfold@nations/buzz thanksgiving 2000. i will never forget that night and the energy in that place.