Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Went to Grass last night...

V. Barbarino

Amazes me how dumb these ass clowns are here in Miami. Who builds a venue with ONE BAR???

Place is cool, but I can't recommend it due to the sheer stupidity of having only one bar. To get a drink is just too much bs. Poor design in the design district, which is ironic.

Two thumbs down.

Guest Fez

last time i went was about a year ago...

i thought they had closed for good....they used to do it every 3 months or so....so the crowd that used to go there went somewhere else...

the 1 bar situation sucks...try bottle service :P

i had great times there...

Guest web_norah

Grass is a restaurant - why would they need more than one bar? Or are they having parties and not serving food?

Isn't ex doorman Laurent one of the partners? ???

Guest Mattivi

norah's right, Grass is a restaurant with a bar, its not a full fledged bar/club, nor is it trying to be.

Guest pod

Heh, I live two blocks from there, i.e. Grass is in a residential district, wonder how they managed that.

they dj was pretty good, played everything including some really good old rap.. Stuff like Ganster, RunDmC, 36 Chambers cuts and some Naughty By Nature..

place is 10000% trying to be a club, it's just so fucking annoying. The place is not setup for a club/lounge properly. I hear they are doing an inside joint next to the place.

Guest pod

That's half my problem with the so-called lounges and resto-lounges in this city, and that is they'll let any jackass with a laptop or a book of CDs get on the decks, regardless of the atmosphere of the place. Loud dance music and open format does not belong in an atmosphere like Glass.

Keep it low key and relaxed.

Plus, there is no place to hang out in there. Under the cover it's tables, but there are so many you can't walk thru, then you have this 3 foot wide strip around the outside that you have to hang in. The front has a little more room, but then you are 5 miles from the ONLY bar, then you want to hit the bathroom, you have to fight your way thru this little 3 foot side walk past the bar cattle then into the bathroom.

ZERO thought put into this dump..

stay way, 2 thumbs way down. The only way to fix the place is with a structural engineer, they have to take out some colums and open the place up.

Guest swank

That's half my problem with the so-called lounges and resto-lounges in this city, and that is they'll let any jackass with a laptop or a book of CDs get on the decks, regardless of the atmosphere of the place. Loud dance music and open format does not belong in an atmosphere like Glass.

Exactamundo POD! Errbody just wants to bang it out and be the hero! No more thought into programming or creating a vibe anymore....it's dissapointing to say the least.

There is a place and time for everything...

Big Club = Big Music

Little Club/Lounge = Little Music.

But here every club equals Big Music and before you know it...they're closed.

Exactamundo POD! Errbody just wants to bang it out and be the hero! No more thought into programming or creating a vibe anymore....it's dissapointing to say the least.

There is a place and time for everything...

Big Club = Big Music

Little Club/Lounge = Little Music.

But here every club equals Big Music and before you know it...they're closed.

yes sir

Guest coach

Next time you are in the area, head east 2 blocks to NE 2nd Ave. On the north side of 40th just behind the Moore building, there is this cool little outdoor lounge thing. It's done up kind of like a bamboo-forest-zen thing. But not pretentiously, just nice.

Guest 0crystal0

Next time you are in the area, head east 2 blocks to NE 2nd Ave. On the north side of 40th just behind the Moore building, there is this cool little outdoor lounge thing. It's done up kind of like a bamboo-forest-zen thing. But not pretentiously, just nice.

was there last night for the art walk. the rainforest is awesome!!! would be a great place to throw a chill little party (when its cool outside)

Guest coach

Yeah, artwalk was awesome last night. Good crowd and lots going on. We got in trouble in the string exhibit, LOL!

Guest 0crystal0

Yeah, artwalk was awesome last night. Good crowd and lots going on. We got in trouble in the string exhibit, LOL!

i can only imagine!! that was a bit weird. very gumby like dancers

you touched the string didn't you

Guest pod

You left the sandbar? Did your locators start screaming?

Guest 0crystal0

haha it was actually a beautiful night in your neck of the woods

Guest coach

i can only imagine!! that was a bit weird. very gumby like dancers

you touched the string didn't you

I'm like, go stand in the middle and I'll take your picture, the artist comes over and tells us not to stand in the middle! Didn't see the dancers.

Guest coach

You should know by now, I'm on a bi-monthly release program, Wynwood Art Walk and JAM at MAM. As it happens, we also snuck over to Pawn Shop for a bit.

*Someone resussitate Pod please!*