Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Belgian White Ales

Guest ramon

Guest ramon

anyone know who has a good selection of belgian white ales?

Hoegaarden White , Hitachino Nest White Ale are some that I'm looking for. :)

Guest Electric Eel

Have you checked the Milams by our house? I dont know for sure but they have a good selection. Next time i'm there i'll try to remember to look for ya.

Guest endymion

I just finished (last night, not at breakfast!) a case of Blue Moon, which is a "Belgian-style" white wheat ale. It's made by Coors but it's pretty good anyway. Since it's American it can be cheaper here than something really good, like a Franziskaner.

blue-moon-4.jpg

Blue Moon is extremely thick, as a good white wheat ale should be. (It's on the left in this photo.) I would give it about three out of five stars. Faithful implementation of the Belgian white style but not a five-star beer like Franziskaner.

Stick an orange wedge in it.

Guest ramon

Have you checked the Milams by our house? I dont know for sure but they have a good selection. Next time i'm there i'll try to remember to look for ya.

Yeah they don't have either. I asked them to stock it though. Milams has the best selection anywhere in Miami I think though.

Guest ramon

I just finished (last night, not at breakfast!) a case of Blue Moon, which is a "Belgian-style" white wheat ale. It's made by Coors but it's pretty good anyway. Since it's American it can be cheaper here than something really good, like a Franziskaner.

blue-moon-4.jpg

Blue Moon is extremely thick, as a good white wheat ale should be. (It's on the left in this photo.) I would give it about three out of five stars. Faithful implementation of the Belgian white style but not a five-star beer like Franziskaner.

Stick an orange wedge in it.

Great with an orange and on sale @ Publix for 6.99 this week. It's great. :)

I wasn't aware it was american. That explains the price!