Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacific Time?

Guest speedway

Guest speedway

Can anyone provide a review on Pacific Time on Lincoln Road?

I know it has been around a long time, but have never been there myself. My wife was asking about it for a potential night out for dinner with friends.

Appreciate any insight.

Guest endymion

Pacific Time absolutely rocks. It's one of my favorites.

Kind of loud inside due to poor acoustics, but the food makes up for it. It's a great atmosphere, it's just noisy due to flat concrete walls and a small space. It's the kind of place where you get very small portions that are very good. You can do the whole appetizer/salad/entree/desert thing since the courses are small. It's on the pricey side, they don't list prices on the menu on the site so I can't be more specific.

Make sure to leave room and time for desert, and get the "Chocolate Bomb". It's worth the trip to Pacific Time all by itself. Some friends of mine got the recipe from a magazine or an employee or something and renamed it "Hot Chocolate Sex on a Platter". It's orgasmic.

Kind of loud inside due to poor acoustics, but the food makes up for it. It's a great atmosphere, it's just noisy due to flat concrete walls and a small space. It's the kind of place where you get very small portions that are very good. You can do the whole appetizer/salad/entree/desert thing since the courses are small. It's on the pricey side, they don't list prices on the menu on the site so I can't be more specific.

Make sure to leave room and time for desert, and get the "Chocolate Bomb". It's worth the trip to Pacific Time all by itself. Some friends of mine got the recipe from a magazine or an employee or something and renamed it "Hot Chocolate Sex on a Platter". It's orgasmic.

you love every south beach restaurant, don't you, ryan?? :P

Guest lulamishka

I've never been, but Giada DeLaurentis went there in her Food Network show 'Giada's Weekend Getaways' when she came to Miami.

If memory serves me correct, she ordered some salt crusted & flash fried snapper that sounded pretty amazing... and had their famous chocolate souffle (?) for dessert. Perhaps its that chocolate bomb that Ryan was referring to? I think you need to order it early in your meal, as it takes some time to prepare.

Guest endymion

"Celebrity chef" Jonathan Eismann runs a notoriously tight ship and I've had excellent service every time I've ever gone, and that's been a lot.

The chocolate bomb does indeed require either warning them in advance or just chilling out for a bit with a drink. It's worth it, holy smokes.

And YES! I'm easy, I think I like just about everywhere. Pacific Time is special though. One of the best in town. A notch below Barton G maybe, but way up there.

Guest Electric Eel

Can I have that recipe please :)

Guest lulamishka

Can I have that recipe please :)

Yes! Yes! Me, too! :)

Guest lulamishka

And YES! I'm easy, I think I like just about everywhere. Pacific Time is special though. One of the best in town. A notch below Barton G maybe, but way up there.

Lee, perhaps we should nominate this place during our dinner next month...

Guest endymion

I think it was published in Food & Wine like five or six years ago. I also think that I have a printout of the recipe from the Pacific Time kitchen in my filing cabinet in Miami. Same exact recipe I think but not quite sure. The guy who gave me the recipe also gave me special tools to make it, and I haven't actually tried it yet myself. Seems pretty hard. Any recipe that requires special tools intimidates me a little.

I'll look for that recipe when I get home but I sure as hell can't post it on a public forum.

Guest Electric Eel

I think it was published in Food & Wine like five or six years ago. I also think that I have a printout of the recipe from the Pacific Time kitchen in my filing cabinet in Miami. Same exact recipe I think but not quite sure. The guy who gave me the recipe also gave me special tools to make it, and I haven't actually tried it yet myself. Seems pretty hard. Any recipe that requires special tools intimidates me a little.

I'll look for that recipe when I get home but I sure as hell can't post it on a public forum.

haha, let us know if you find it and you can pm it to us or something. I love baking, i'm always up for a challenge!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest endymion

i hear they are out biz

Yes, they closed Monday night unexpectedly. Forever.

I'm going to really miss that place.

Guest 0crystal0

Sun Post said he is going to open another restaurant in the Design District, but not sure if it will be pacific time again.

blamed ridiculous rent, change in dining trends towards more casual