Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top Chef Miami

Guest lulamishka

:-[ Can someone please call me or text me when this show is on?

I was told last night that its Season 3... and I have yet to catch this show.

Guest Electric Eel

My brother is friends with the sister of the guy named Howie from Miami. He used to be the head chef at The Ivy in Aventura

Guest lulamishka

:-[ Can someone please call me or text me when this show is on?

I was told last night that its Season 3... and I have yet to catch this show.

it's on ALL THE TIME :P

on Bravo.

last night season 3 (miami) started at 10pm

Oooh, it started last night! So I haven't missed much! :)

Guest Electric Eel

that guy howie is kinda obnoxious

he runs a joint here called The Food Gang

Prob, I never met him but from meeting his sister I can imagine it, lol.

Guest RzO

Stephen from season one is one of my close friends. He is now opening a restaurant here in palm beach at the end of summer. Since he has successfully been operating one in the OC since last summer.

we had a private viewing of the top chef season 3's first episode here in PB, with the mayor and all sorts of people. The town here is happy to have him a part of the revitalization of Clematis. If you watched the first episode of season 3 his team won, and chef Collichio gave Steve's dish his personal favorite.

i will let all you real foodies know ahead of time of the grand opening of Forte on Clematis. There will be an opening party and i will have a few invites to disburse. There will also be a few other top chef folk there for the opening.

Stephen isn't as big of a prick in real life as he was/is on the show. Still an arrogant prick but that is the way he has been since we were kids. He is amazingly talented and i have been cooking with him since the 10th grade, and I have him to thank for turning me into such a food/wine junkie :)

Guest RzO

OMG that would be really great! Darren and I would love to go if you have extra invites. Ive been addicted to that show since Season 1.

np, i will indeed let you guys know ahead of time, i told Darren during wmc that we should all go out to dinner one night, this will be a little bit more than just a "dinner" i can promise, whenever Stephen is involved it is over the top!

should be by end of summer, contingent to permits and whatnot being done on time, i was in the space a few weeks back and its coming along nicely, the kitchen he is putting in this place is ridiculous, and being that he is also a licensed semmolier the wine list will be extensive.

more news to come on Forte di Asprinio as the date gets closer :)

Guest LeVeL

Been into the show since it started and I will have to say that the Top Chef for Season 3 has to be the Gay Asian Guy from Las Vegas.

He is on top of his game and a big threat to the rest of the chefs on there...

Guest Marina22

I really started getting into it more last season. This season it's cool cause it's set in Miami and also cause an ex-friend of mine is on it. This girl Micah, who is a self-taught cook, who owns her own catering gig called The Wandering Chef. Even though we are no longer friends, it's still cool to see someone get ahead in their endeavors and she won the first quickfire challenge so good for her.

I really started getting into it more last season. This season it's cool cause it's set in Miami and also cause an ex-friend of mine is on it. This girl Micah, who is a self-taught cook, who owns her own catering gig called The Wandering Chef. Even though we are no longer friends, it's still cool to see someone get ahead in their endeavors and she won the first quickfire challenge so good for her.

she did the best on the 1st episode...seems really smart, she'll definitely make it far

Guest Marina22

she did the best on the 1st episode...seems really smart, she'll definitely make it far

She is smart and quite knowledgeable but as pleasant as she can be she can also be abrasive at times. They didn't cast her for nothing..

Guest Electric Eel

OMG that would be really great! Darren and I would love to go if you have extra invites. Ive been addicted to that show since Season 1.

np, i will indeed let you guys know ahead of time, i told Darren during wmc that we should all go out to dinner one night, this will be a little bit more than just a "dinner" i can promise, whenever Stephen is involved it is over the top!

should be by end of summer, contingent to permits and whatnot being done on time, i was in the space a few weeks back and its coming along nicely, the kitchen he is putting in this place is ridiculous, and being that he is also a licensed semmolier the wine list will be extensive.

more news to come on Forte di Asprinio as the date gets closer :)

+1 ;D

Guest Fuerte44

went to food gang in february...

it was solid...unpretentious well prepared food imo....i had the veal chop...gf had a wonderful fish (i want to say it was sole) .....had caviar and some sort of caprese for apps...reasonably priced for what they try to go for....service was some of the best i have recieved in miami.....

since the show started i was reminded of this place...looking to go back soon....

on a side note....theres our fav italian rest. right across the street in surfside called specchio...coming from the north end in boston with an italian father i know my food...and this gets our approval...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JMT

the manner in which the female host talks on the show somewhat irks me. i heard she is married to Salman Rushdie.

Guest lulamishka

the manner in which the female host talks on the show somewhat irks me. i heard she is married to Salman Rushdie.

Yes and yes.

Guest spinderella7713

every season seems to get less talented. season 1 people rocked, season 2 never got away from spanish food....and season 3 welllllllllllllllllll I guess we will see. but i love the show.