Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bond St.

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

after having it on my "to do" list for months i finally got the chance to experience this place over the weekend.

cutting to the chase, i thought it was great. the portions aren't very big, so you have to order a lot to feel satisfied, but pretty much everything was delicious. i'd say its damn close to Nobu caliber.

appetizers:

spicy crispy shrimp - more tingly than hot, but more spicy than i expected. not bad, but not my favorite item.

steamed crab dumpling - thumbs up!

lobster tempura appetizer - another winner.

meal:

chilean sea bass - which we have learned is neither chilean, nor sea bass, but this dish was all i heard about before going. i am not a sea bass connoisseur by any means, i enjoyed it but would not get it again next time.

lobster tempura roll - excellent! i had to get a second one i liked it so much.

chef's special: kobe beef - this was a roll of the dice. i must say i was disappointed and surprised at the same time. they brought out what was literally one bite of meat on a dish. after savoring that sliver, it might be the best money ive ever spent. lol

dessert:

chocolate something or other, can't recall the name, but it was also excellent. it was the only item with chocolate so it was a no-brainer.

the service was adequate, nothing offensive about it but could have been just a tad more attentive. i like to drink a lot of water and hate having an empty glass. the only other thing to note was the only pinot noir on the menu turned out to be a 2005. that's a little too young to be served in a nice restaurant, imo. (end of wanna-be wine snob rant).

so in summary, this place is solid. i loved the food, and the atmosphere. i look forward to going back.

Bond St.

150 20th Street

Miami Beach, FL 33139

http://www.townhousehotel.com/bond.asp

wbond-4.jpg

Guest lulamishka

Nice review! This place is on my 'To Do' list, as well. Reading everything that you ordered has now got me quite hungry! Mmm!!

LoL about your Chilean sea bass comment... but I'd like to know, what about that bite of Kobe beef was so great? How did they cook/season it?

Guest JMT
but I'd like to know, what about that bite of Kobe beef was so great? How did they cook/season it?

i wish i could recall the description. it was lightly marinated, and very, very tender. i was expecting, like, a medallion of beef, but it was a sliver about the size of a half dollar. they served it with a very light yellow tomato/mustard sauce, but i passed on that as i didn't want to diminish the flavor of the meat at all. for $18 i was going to suck my money's worth out of it, literally, lol. a very tasty little morsel it was.

Guest lulamishka
but I'd like to know, what about that bite of Kobe beef was so great? How did they cook/season it?

i wish i could recall the description. it was lightly marinated, and very, very tender. i was expecting, like, a medallion of beef, but it was a sliver about the size of a half dollar. they served it with a very light yellow tomato/mustard sauce, but i passed on that as i didn't want to diminish the flavor of the meat at all. for $18 i was going to suck my money's worth out of it, literally, lol. a very tasty little morsel it was.

$18?!?! Whoa! For the size of a half dollar?!

Would you order it again??

Guest JMT

$18?!?! Whoa! For the size of a half dollar?!

Would you order it again??

perhaps. it also makes for a funny topic of conversation when you don't know what to expect.

Guest coach

Bond St. is great, but a little on the pricey side of things. You will definitely spend more than Doraku, Samba, or Sushi Rock, but if you've got it, it's worth it.

Guest endymion

We used to do a trade with Bond St, an ad on CoolJunkie for dinner credit. I enjoyed it but I thought it was too expensive. Paying a lot is fine if the food is spectacular but it just wasn't.

Who was your server? Dimitri, Chris, Willy or the girl Mika?

Willy.

the lobster roll is mandatory.

LOL! Next time you tell mr. Willy that you are friends with me. Thats my fiance.. and next time, he better give you superb service.. now i can bust his ass on something.. LOL LOL

Guest JMT
LOL! Next time you tell mr. Willy that you are friends with me. Thats my fiance.. and next time, he better give you superb service.. now i can bust his ass on something.. LOL LOL

ha ha ha

that's so funny. for real, he was fine. i just have a tendency of drinking gratuitous amounts of water at meals.

Guest coach

JMT - he just sent me a text wanting to know if you like him.. lollll

Aaaaawwwww... isn't that cute! Someone has a mancrush!

i ate there once like a year ago. i don't remember what i had but it was enjoyable.

oh and about your naive pinot noir comment....EVERYONE knows pinots do not necessarily have to be aged, like other wines. 2005 is perfectly adequate, you wine snob. :)

Guest JMT
oh and about your naive pinot noir comment....EVERYONE knows pinots do not necessarily have to be aged, like other wines. 2005 is perfectly adequate, you wine snob. :)

ha, they dont have to be. but id like them to be. 8)

Guest JMT

Well guys.. Bond Street is a japanese lounge so they focus more on SAKE rather than wine!!! lol

valid point. their sake options appeared to be plentiful upon my perusal of the drink menu, i'm just not much of a fan of it myself.

Well guys.. Bond Street is a japanese lounge so they focus more on SAKE rather than wine!!! lol

valid point. their sake options appeared to be plentiful upon my perusal of the drink menu, i'm just not much of a fan of it myself.

yeah me either.. i usually drink chardonney when i'm there.. ;)