Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tipping for take out?

Guest Seb

Guest swirlundergrounder

I don't understand what the big deal is anyways?

I mean really people, is giving someone an extra few dollars going to kill you financially?

Most of you people on here have never worked in the service industry before and you don't understand that every dollar counts to these people.

You should just tip a delivery driver the same as you would a waiter in a resturaunt.

Both people bring you food and that's the bottom line.

The only difference is the delivery driver brings you your food at your convience in the comfort of your own home.

Why is it that you would tip more to a waiter who is in a resturaunt which is probably frustrating you becasue maybe the food is taking to long or the line to get a seat was to long, or the food was cold etc, etc...

How many times have you complained about food being delivered to your doorstep?

I bet you that all of you have complained more about some facet of going out to eat than you have about food being delivered to you, yet all of you are willing to tip the person more who is serving you in a situation that is more frustrating than the ease of dining in the comfort of your own home.

It just seems a little backwards to me.

Bottom line is people just remember as a customer in a resturaunt you have absolutely no power what so ever even though you may think you do.

Why?

Becasue even though you may think or see your server as a lowley service person, it is they who can spit in your food, piss in your drink, put snot in your coffee or pubic hairs in your pizza and watch you eat it while they snicker at you in the back room as they watch you eat your food that you paid a good amount of money for. Versus the delivery driver who will more than likely not see you prior to your order and therefore have no reason to fuck with your food.

Never the less don't fuck with people who handle your food.

Treat them with respect becasue at the end of the day, it is them who will have the last laugh....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

BTW I never fucked with anyones food or drinks when I was a bartender.

But I have seen all of the above happen to people's food..

Guest coach

I don't understand what the big deal is anyways?

I mean really people, is giving someone an extra few dollars going to kill you financially?

Exactly.

Guest 4040

I just got back from Brazil where tipping is not even a word. The service is amazing as well as the food.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest swank

I wish that it would be like in Europe, incorporated into the price of your goods and services. If you didn't like the service simply don't return.

I tip everywhere but hate that obliged feeling even when the service is terrible.

Guest swirlundergrounder

if anything you should tip the chef. not people that put stuff in bags and boxes.

Dude a lot of Executive chefs make enough money that they don't need tips.

I know some exec' chefs that make anywhere from $75K to $100K a year...