Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami's Best Pizza on US1

Guest lulamishka

Guest Devilicious

I might have to call an impromptu meetup to see just how great this pizza really is...

maybe you could schedule it for our next food junkies meet up ?

haha, I said "pizza junkies" the first time. Must have been a Freudian slip :)

Anyway mich, sounds good to me!

Guest lulamishka

I might have to call an impromptu meetup to see just how great this pizza really is...

maybe you could schedule it for our next pizza junkies meet up ?

Hmm, perhaps. But I think I'll do it AA style and announce this one sorta last minute.

Coach and I already have our 2nd "Official" Food Junkies meetup locale picked out. ;) Should the first one go down smoothly, that is...

Guest Fuerte44

steves on 125th and biscayne...dudes are from Ny/Ct area....they use all original ingredients like back home....they even ship water down from ct to use in the dough...

if anyone one has spent time in new haven, people claim its in the water...

Guest becha

I've never eaten there but I heard that Pogies here near downtown... on calle ocho coming into brickell..

that there pizza was excellent and that they've been there for ever..

but just recently I saw them take down the sign and put up another for a new business..

So I guess Pogies is gone...

Guest lulamishka

I've never eaten there but I heard that Pogies here near downtown... on calle ocho coming into brickell..

that there pizza was excellent and that they've been there for ever..

but just recently I saw them take down the sign and put up another for a new business..

So I guess Pogies is gone...

Yea, Pogie's closed about a month ago. They were great for cheap breakfast delivery if you worked in the Brickell area.

Guest klubveteran

So, so far no one has ever eaten at Miami's Best Pizza?

yes its pretty good. Its by UM. My sis lives by there and she loves it. its ok. my nephews dig it. One day i remember eating it was the day of the Janet Jackson super bowl incident. we had a last minute super bowl get together and didnt have time to make a BBQ so we got that and everybody liked it.

Guest 4040

Their pizza is good, i would not go so far as to say the best. I do agree with ramon that the mini peperonis are great. For me the best slice of pizza comes from cazolis pizza in dadeland.

Guest lulamishka

Their pizza is good, i would not go so far as to say the best. I do agree with ramon that the mini peperonis are great. For me the best slice of pizza comes from cazolis pizza in dadeland.

Oooh man, Cazzolis in Dadeland rawks! Mmm.... if only I worked near the Dadeland area!

Guest ramon

I had it last night (mini peperonis)

yummmy.

Guest lulamishka

So.... I went to Miami's Best Pizza last night. And it is not Miami's Best Pizza.

Their pizza was just OK. Nothing to write home about. And neither were their garlic rolls. I enjoy the pizza at Mike's Pizza or Marino's Pizza or Gino's Pizza or Mario the Baker much better. I was even a lil' disappointed by the appearance of the pizza when we got it. I have no reason to go back there. Oh well.

Guest speedway

I grew up with Miami's Best. It actually used to be called Little Ceaser's before the Little Ceaser's chain came along. The original place and the chain even co-existed for a few years before the chain strongarmed them to change their name - hence Miami's Best.

The place used to be much better (or at least that's how I remembered it) before they tried to be too much to too many people. They didn't used to have all the fancy toppings, salads, etc. Just pizza with the classic toppings in sizes ranging from small to sportsman (x large). It also was about half as small. Some hippies ran the place.

The best advice I can give to anyone eating their pizza is to order the pizza "well done". They will know exactly what you mean. The pizza can be much too soggy otherwise.

On another note, in today's day of healthy eating - their dough is about as bad for you as you can get - tons of the bad carbs. But if you don't care about that - have at it.

As for Frankie's - I love it - another institution that's been around so long that my parents went there in high school. Amazing value where they even give you a to-go slice on top of the box for your ride home.

Steve's in North Miami is very good.

Casola's on 17th Avenue worth mentioning for slices, especially late night.

Big Cheese on US 1 and 67th Ave. for pizza and budget italian as well.

For those who care about what they are eating - Power Protein Pizza in South Miami isn't bad

Guest Davenavarro10

Lula go check out Frankie's pizza on Bird Road.

You will not be disappointed. At least now you know

that Miami's Best Pizza doesn't live up to it's name.

It should be called Average Miami Pizza if anything.

Casolas on 17th avenue and U.S.1 is pretty good.

The place is cheap and it's an institution (it's been

open over 20 years). I'm not a big fan of the Big

Cheese though. The pizza isn't that great, and before

it was the Big Cheese it used to be a funeral home.

I don't think they even bothered to tear it down, it's

the exact same building. :-X