Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Treatment Effects???

I was thinking about trying the new FDA approved diet pill alled Alli until I read this from their site. :-X

What are treatment effects?

alliâ„¢ works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects. You may get:

gas with oily spotting

loose stools

more frequent stools that may be hard to control

What to expect

The excess fat that passes out of your body is not harmful. In fact, you may recognize it as something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza. Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of these bowel changes. Limit fat intake in your meals to an average of 15 grams.

Learn more about following a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet.

Learning how to manage treatment effects is an important part of being successful with alli. Here's how to take control:

Start trimming fat from your diet now, even before you begin taking alli. Then pick a day to begin taking alli, such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect. Make the timing work for you. If you're getting ready to travel or attend a social event, hold off on starting with alli until the event is over

While no one likes experiencing treatment effects, they might help you think twice about eating questionable fat content. If you think of it like that, alli can act like a security guard for your late-night cravings

You can't "save fat grams" from lunch and "spend them" at dinner. Spread your daily fat gram allowance of 15 grams on average per meal over the whole day

You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work

You may not usually get gassy, but it's a possibility when you take alli. The bathroom is really the best place to go when that happens

You can use a food journal to recognize what foods can lead to treatment effects. For example, writing down what you eat may help you learn that marinara sauce is a better option than Alfredo sauce

To learn more about how myalliplan can guide you with smarter food choices and a wealth of resources, visit myalliplan now.

Guest mr.miami

Wait so if you limit your grams to 45 a day there is the possibility that that alone will aid in losing your weight since you would probably be eating healthier food which probably would also have lower carbs. This sounds like another bs pill.

Wait so if you limit your grams to 15 a day there is the possibility that that alone will aid in losing your weight since you would probably be eating healthier food. This sounds like another bs pill.

Their program is very vague. First they say 15 fat grams a meal then they say a day. Personally I already eat pretty healthy and I just wanted a kick start to shed some more pounds and keep my cravings down. I dont think this is the trick.

Guest endymion

Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Guest swirlundergrounder

Stop eating meat except for fish.

Eating meats such as beef, chicken and pork not only slows down your metabolism but it also sits in your digestive tract longer than necessary.

This causes a person to feel weak and tired because digestion takes a lot of energy from a person.

So what does this person do after eating heavy meats? They eat carbs looking for an energy boost only to crash harder after eating those carbs.

If you want to loose weight and keep it off stop eating heavy meats and you won't need any of these pills.

Guest jbit

pick a day to begin taking alli, such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect.

I love the wording.

Shitting yourself = "treatment effect"

Guest funky monkey

alliâ„¢ works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects. You may get:

gas with oily spotting

loose stools

more frequent stools that may be hard to control

You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work

You may not usually get gassy, but it's a possibility when you take alli. The bathroom is really the best place to go when that happens

....well, I've lost my appetite now so perhaps it is effective in some way after all! :-X

Guest endymion

I saw this Alli product on sale today at Walgreens, 90 pills for $19.95. I said something to the person I was with about the "horrifying side effects" and the pharmacist behind the counter had to cover his mouth to hide that he was cracking up laughing. Then I said something about the company's suggestion to bring a spare pair of pants to work with you, and the pharmacist just lost it. "BWAHAHAHAHA!!"

It's not good when pharmacists openly laugh at your product in front of customers.

I saw this Alli product on sale today at Walgreens, 90 pills for $19.95. I said something to the person I was with about the "horrifying side effects" and the pharmacist behind the counter had to cover his mouth to hide that he was cracking up laughing. Then I said something about the company's suggestion to bring a spare pair of pants to work with you, and the pharmacist just lost it. "BWAHAHAHAHA!!"

It's not good when pharmacists openly laugh at your product in front of customers.

yeah, the pharmacist at my walgreens was like ..."DONT TAKE IT!!!" lol

Guest lulamishka

New Diet Drug Touches Off Frenzy

Over-the-Counter Diet Pill, alli, Flies Off Shelves

By CARLA HALL, LATIMES

At 9:30 AM on Thursday, 12 boxes of alli, the first FDA-sanctioned diet drug to be sold without a prescription, were placed on the top shelf of a Santa Monica, Calif. Walgreens diet section. Four hours later, all but one had been sold.

"I have never in my life experienced anything like this," store manager Roe Love, a pharmacist for 20 years, said as she eyed the empty space next to the last box of 90 capsules selling for $59.99.

The fact that the product is kept with the rest of the diet drugs under locked glass on the shelf -- to prevent theft -- didn't deter people from requesting it.

Read the rest of the article here: http://body.aol.com/news/articles/_a/new-diet-drug-touches-off-frenzy/20070618123309990001

Guest mr.miami

I have friends in the wholesale business who are cleaning out costcos and sam clubs of all their stock and reselling it to online merchants who can't get enough of it.

Id be interested in hearing how common the bowel movement problems tend to be.

Guest endymion

I think you just volunteered for human testing? Let us know how it comes out.

Guest coach

Just ouch.

Guest mr.miami

That is alright sounds like there is enough guinea pigs out there already. I'd be willing to try it a day or two if I didnt have to pay for it.

Guest RzO

they were talking about this on The View this morning

basically the drug cuts down the fat absorption in your intestines, therefore if you aren't combining the drug with low fat meals, the fat gets pumped right out like stated...

and yah eww!