Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ASSET SPLITTING

Guest LdySphynx

Guest LdySphynx

I have never been to fond of this subject, ok so I see it right if you have been married for a while and both working and then because of life's mishaps you get a divorce that you guys have to split your assets down the middle.

What I don't agree with is the fact that if you live with someone for more than 2 years(not married) and you end up getting separated that you still have to split your shit in half.

Unless it a relationship where the 2 have lived together for several years and the same as a married couple have shared in the good and bad times financially then yeah i'm good with it.

I mean come on 2 years, thats what most "serious" relationship last...what if one party has been working hard to get where they are and the other one has done nothing for the cause and they still end up getting half of your money. The reason I bring this up is cause I heard on the news that if Shakira separates from her Leech BF because she has lived with him for more than 2 years that she would have to give him a hefty chunk of her fortune.

That's just wrong, I mean she has worked her ass off for that and he has done nothing but ride along.

But I'm sure she is not the only one that it has happened too.

I'm sorry but I find that law to be complete and utter BULLSHIT.

Discuss

Guest LdySphynx

i totally thought you were talking about something else.

Well we definitely know where your mind is, now don't we Mr :P.

Guest Buck White

lol. Me too ! Ass splitting is a much more....engaging...topic.

Guest LdySphynx

"common law" marriage.

Florida does not have it.

Yeah I know a lot of states don't actually, but still sucks when ur caught in one that does.

Guest LdySphynx

Good for him...he can be the next Latin Kevin Federline..

Well no see in Kfed's case they were married, and she was STUPID ENOUGH to think it was "LOVE" and did not make him sign a pre-nup.

So she was just being a typical country girl.

Guest LdySphynx

lol. Me too ! Ass splitting is a much more....engaging...topic.

Yeah its called grabbing your attention ;).

"common law" marriage.

Actually we do...to a degree. I have a friend that was with a woman for 18 years and they had a kid together. One day she comes home and says "I dont love you anymore." He basically had to go thru all the same shit as a divorce. In his case though, he just said "screw it" and gave her what she wanted.

Well no see in Kfed's case they were married, and she was STUPID ENOUGH to think it was "LOVE" and did not make him sign a pre-nup.

He did sign a pre-nup otherwise she would have been SOL.

Guest LdySphynx

I thought the story was that her mom wanted her to make him sign one ans she said no because the marriage was based on love ::) and not money.

But well either way can't be compared to actually being married, and this guy just being her BF for 6 years.

Guest LdySphynx

"common law" marriage.

Actually we do...to a degree. I have a friend that was with a woman for 18 years and they had a kid together. One day she comes home and says "I dont love you anymore." He basically had to go thru all the same shit as a divorce. In his case though, he just said "screw it" and gave her what she wanted.

Well now that I remember, I think I have heard about Florida having the 5 year thing.

Guest slamminshaun

I thought the story was that her mom wanted her to make him sign one ans she said no because the marriage was based on love ::) and not money.

But well either way can't be compared to actually being married, and this guy just being her BF for 6 years.

Fuck it, I would've done the same thing. Way to go K-Fed!

Guest LdySphynx

Well no see in Kfed's case they were married' date=' and she was STUPID ENOUGH to think it was "LOVE" and did not make him sign a pre-nup.

[/quote']

Fuck it, I would've done the same thing. Way to go K-Fed!

Oh no for sure, he deserved every penny he got...she was a moron!!!

Guest clubchicky

all I have to say is you can have all the money in the world and couples can fight until they rip eachother apart....but money doesn't equal happiness

Guest clubchicky

Thats why you don't live together before you get married....

i hope the leech boyfriend gets half of shakira's money... maybe he'll be nice enough to get her some singing lessons as a departing gift. lol

that's pretty good hahaha...but I don't see anything wrong with living together before getting married....shit you gotta take a test drive before you go in for the long haul...money or not...screw that, I'm not going to wait until I'm tied to the person for the rest of my WHOLE life before living with them.....

Guest LdySphynx

Thats why you don't live together before you get married....

i hope the leech boyfriend gets half of shakira's money... maybe he'll be nice enough to get her some singing lessons as a departing gift. lol

Well I can agree with you on the singing lessons, LMAO!!!!!

Guest Buck White

maybe he'll be nice enough to get her some singing lessons as a departing gift.

Hah. I thought I was the only one. Everytime that broad starts yodeling...I get a mild headache.

Guest Slide On The Ice

"common law" marriage.

Well now that I remember, I think I have heard about Florida having the 5 year thing.

I believe it's seven years...I'm pretty sure of that because one of my friends had lived with his girfriend for seven years and she was considered his wife by law.

Hi Ingrid! *waves* ;D

Guest JMT

huh. well, my legal counsel team has always told me it does not exist in Florida. but if there is a child involved it would probably change things.

huh. well, my legal counsel team has always told me it does not exist in Florida. but if there is a child involved it would probably change things.

Exactly, you can be together for 50 years. If there is no DNR or POA your significant other has no say in medical care and is not your heir if there's not Will.

Sucks but thats the facts.

Children change a LOT when there's a split. Also, there's no such thing as a legal separation in FL. You are either married or you're not. End of story. Frankly, it makes things a lot simpler when it comes to legal matters to keep it that way.

NY is totally ass backwards like that. Shit gets so complicated and confusing here.

Guest LdySphynx

Exactly, you can be together for 50 years. If there is no DNR or POA your significant other has no say in medical care and is not your heir if there's not Will.

Sucks but thats the facts.

Children change a LOT when there's a split. Also, there's no such thing as a legal separation in FL. You are either married or you're not. End of story. Frankly, it makes things a lot simpler when it comes to legal matters to keep it that way.

NY is totally ass backwards like that. Shit gets so complicated and confusing here.

Niñaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa where in the hell have you been???

Do you ever sign on anymore?