Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Spice Restaurant Month 2007

Guest lulamishka

Guest lulamishka

It's almost here, guys! ;D

----------------------------

Palm trees, sunny weather and soft, sandy beaches are the ideal backdrop for one of the nation’s most fabulous summer dining events. Miami Spice 2007 is a mouth-watering summer restaurant promotion showcasing the very best of Miami cuisine.

During August and September, nearly 80 of Miami’s top restaurants will offer three-course meals (Lunch $22, Dinner $35) featuring signature dishes created by world-renowned chefs. Discover the tropical fusion of ingredients that makes Miami dining so wonderfully out of the ordinary. An epicure’s paradise awaits you in Greater Miami and the Beaches!

For more info and to see a list of participating restaurants, clicky here: Miami Spice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

been counting down the clock to this..for sometime...ready to hit up some new places this time around.

Guest lulamishka

been counting down the clock to this..for sometime...ready to hit up some new places this time around.

And when you do, be sure to post about it!

Guest RzO

i too love miami spice, we went both last year and the year before and i posted great reviews both times. it works out great as the b-day is in September!

Guest Electric Eel

My criteria for miami spice is at least a restaurant a week or more if I can! Gotta take advantage of the good food for a good price!

Guest macboy

Each restaurant has a set menu for Spice Month and it's $22 per meal for lunch. Remember, the Spice menu is MUCH more limited than the regular menu, but it gives us the opportunity to try places at a heavily reduced price. Some Spice menus are good, some are not.

Reviews are MANDATORY!!! ;D

Guest macboy

BTW, I see Oceanaire is on the list for lunch. Any of you from the Brickell crowd want to do a lunch meetup? :)

Guest Electric Eel

BTW, I see Oceanaire is on the list for lunch. Any of you from the Brickell crowd want to do a lunch meetup? :)

Lula and I were already discussing trying to hit up Oceanaire for lunch. Especially after your great review of the place!

Guest lulamishka

So u pay 22 for lunch and you can try different meals for each restaurant or is it 22 for each restaurant?

If its lunch we're talking about...

its $22 for basically an appetizer, entree and dessert at ONE restaurant. This does NOT include tax, tip or drinks. That is extra.

If you're going to Smith & Wollensky, though, its an appetizer, protein and dessert. The sides are family style and you order those separate/extra. I went last year and it was SOOOO worth the money.

ALSO, there are certain days each restaurant offers their Miami Spice menu. For examle, Smith & Wollensky again... they only have a Miami Spice menu on Monday-Friday for Lunch only.

Guest lulamishka

Lula and I were already discussing trying to hit up Oceanaire for lunch. Especially after your great review of the place!

Yes, indeed! I shall let you know when that happens. I have some coworkers of mine that I'll be coordinating with for this, as well. :)

Guest Devilicious

Yes, indeed! I shall let you know when that happens. I have some coworkers of mine that I'll be coordinating with for this, as well. :)

I might be able to make it as well.

Michelle, totally agree with you on S&W, the food is fabulous! Unfortunately I heard a service/management horror story from my hairdresser so I try not to give them my business.

Guest lulamishka

I might be able to make it as well.

Michelle, totally agree with you on S&W, the food is fabulous! Unfortunately I heard a service/management horror story from my hairdresser so I try not to give them my business.

Uh oh...

You can't just say that and not tell us the horror story!!

Guest JMT

please spill the beans, T.

they make a hell of a filet. i'd probably put them in my top 4 steak destinations.

Guest Devilicious

I honestly can't remember the details, but suffice to say it was bad enough to make me not go back in the almost 3 years since then, and I agree they make one hell of a steak. Her friend went to court for it, I remember that much. Next time I visit her I'll get the full scoop and post the story.

Guest RzO

please spill the beans, T.

they make a hell of a filet. i'd probably put them in my top 4 steak destinations.

the filet au poivre is amazing. although i haven't been to the one in miami i have been to the original in NYC. and that filet was by far the best steak i have ever ate, it also costs me $50 if i remember correctly it was a few years ago.

Guest coach

I can't do lunch, but if you guys hit up any dinners, let me know. Annette could probably make lunch in the midtown/downtown areas.