Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is 8 1/2 still open?

Guest lulamishka

I cant get on their website and when I called it went to voicemail. ???

Phew! You almost had me scared for a moment there!

I just called and spoke with the chef/owner, of all people! Jason McClain. He was the one who answered the phone. LoL!

They ARE open. They are in the process of changing their website & stuff. He had told me to go to 8andahalf.COM instead of .NET, but it wasn't taking me to their temporary site. So he told me to just Google his name instead and I could find info from there. But they are most definitely open! Tonight they are closed for a private party, though. :)

Guest lulamishka

Well darn it! I just tried to call again and nobody answered. Ill try again tomorrow. Grrrrrr

LoL. Yea, he said tomorrow they will be open business as usual.

Guest lulamishka

Actually they ARE temporatily closed. And this PISSES ME OFF!!! Why did they take my reservation for 13 people and then NOT CALL ME when they deicded to close?

Ahhhhh!!!!!

NOT cool, 8 1/2, NOT cool.

I still love your food, though.

Guest JMT
Whoa. What happened now?

i found out the hard way on Friday night. i thought my friend called, but instead she was going by Open Table, who apparently still takes reservations even though they are closed.

the valet at the Hotel Clinton, for whatever it's worth, said he thinks they will be closed "for several more weeks".

Guest lulamishka
Whoa. What happened now?

i found out the hard way on Friday night. i thought my friend called, but instead she was going by Open Table, who apparently still takes reservations even though they are closed.

the valet at the Hotel Clinton, for whatever it's worth, said he thinks they will be closed "for several more weeks".

Damn, that sucks that you had to find out the hard way. OpenTable should stay on top of those things! I'm willing to bet you're not the only ones who had to find out like that. :-\

This doesn't sound good at all.

Guest JMT

a reservation isn't much good at a closed restaurant.

apparently, Open Table knows how to take the reservation, but not make sure that 8 1/2 will hold the reservation, which is really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. anyone can just take them.

Guest Electric Eel

You would think opentable would have a system where the restaurant needs to reply and confirm it otherwise let the user know the reservation hasn't been confirmed. This is why even though i use opentable to make the reservation I will always call the restaurant a few days before and confirm it myself.

apparently, Open Table knows how to take the reservation, but not make sure that 8 1/2 will hold the reservation, which is really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. anyone can just take them.

hmm i think i've heard that before. hmm where could it be from...hmmm

anyways, this is quite the drama. this is not how to run a business!

Guest JMT

that's not going to be good for business.

Guest Devilicious

not to be negative, but with new ownership I would imagine our experience there will never be the same. Renovations, changes in staff, maybe changes in menu, definitely changes in management.... doesn't look good imo.

Guest macboy

that's not going to be good for business.

That's not going to be good for anyone.

Guest lulamishka

not to be negative, but with new ownership I would imagine our experience there will never be the same. Renovations, changes in staff, maybe changes in menu, definitely changes in management.... doesn't look good imo.

From what I know, the chef/owner bought out his partner. So now the whole place belongs to Chef Jason McClain. At least thats what he said to me, himself, when I called the place when this thread started.

From what I know, the chef/owner bought out his partner. So now the whole place belongs to Chef Jason McClain. At least thats what he said to me, himself, when I called the place when this thread started.

Well his information wasnt very reliable either.