Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why don't we eat sweetbreads & testicles and whatnot?

ryan2772

saw No Reservations last night...they ate at this Middle Eastern restaurant in Queens that served pretty much only animal organs. Stomachs, kidneys, testicles, brains, everything...

they brought up a good point, most everywhere around the world these are considered delicacies, everyone eats them...how come we don't eat that stuff here? I almost freaking threw up watching them eat it, but they really do love it.

by the way, that is an incredible show....i can't get enough.

Guest lyrik

Has anyone tasted some of these dishes?

Plain and simple every delicacy I have tasted along these lines has tasted like total ass. Its prob. why we don't eat too much of them in states. There a few exceptions but not too many in my eyes.

Plain and simple every delicacy I have tasted along these lines has tasted like total ass. Its prob. why we don't eat too much of them in states. There a few exceptions but not too many in my eyes.

he ate sheep eyeballs too

Guest lyrik

he ate sheep eyeballs too

noooooo but I have been offered. My parents had a lot of friends from the "old country". Myt parents came over from Germany and Hungary in the late 50's and early 60's and I have seen some God aweful food...but also some great dishes too! My God parents owned a few restaurants in the Chicago area when I was a kid.

Guest Electric Eel

My dad loves that shit and let me tell you one time at my grandmothers house they tricked up and served us a chicken dish. It was delicious! Only later to find out it was chicken hearts.