Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New iMacs.

Guest pod

Guest ramon

I still feel that each system has it's place. For better or for worse, the Windows platform is ensconced in the business and the embedded world. Even cash registers and ATMs run XP embedded these days.

For home use, and media production use, go Mac.

it's quite funny to see POS systems running XP.

Guest pod

XP Embedded is a different beast than garden-variety XP.

Though I remember way back when, when Subway cash registers were Macs.

Guest swirlundergrounder

naw fudge that, it makes sense to wait, I'd say there is a very good chance by oct in the holiday season I can get the new OS and a better computer cheaper by then. Then I will buy it. Plus right now, I'm buying a 61inch HD TV.. I can afford both, but I rather get one then the other, my 7 year old dell is holding up well, causes me zero issues, except FireFox and itunes don't play well together depending on the day of the week.

I I were you I would buy a late G5 for now.

I have a Dual G5, an iBook G4 and a new macbook with the Intel Core Duo chips in it.

The mac I have with the Intel chip sucks ass!

Yep you heard it! It sucks ass.

These damm Intel chips are not meant to be in a mac! At times I feel as if I'm working on a PC.

My other 2 macs with the Power PC Processors in them run so much more smoothly than my new Macbook with the Intel Core Duo.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Ask Trancepriest about his 8-core Mac Pro.

It has Intel inside.

The only thing I like about Intel right now is that their stock is issuing dividends this September... ;D

Guest pod

Well, Apple had to make a decision. Motorola/IBM wasn't delivering the successor to the G5 on time. Intel had chips which matched their demands on the table, so Apple moved.

Not for nothing, but everyone I know (and you know some of them too) who uses Intel Macs in a production environment, has had no issues with them.

IBM/Motorola has come out with faster chips since then, but it was too late.

Guest ramon

naw fudge that, it makes sense to wait, I'd say there is a very good chance by oct in the holiday season I can get the new OS and a better computer cheaper by then. Then I will buy it. Plus right now, I'm buying a 61inch HD TV.. I can afford both, but I rather get one then the other, my 7 year old dell is holding up well, causes me zero issues, except FireFox and itunes don't play well together depending on the day of the week.

I I were you I would buy a late G5 for now.

I have a Dual G5, an iBook G4 and a new macbook with the Intel Core Duo chips in it.

The mac I have with the Intel chip sucks ass!

Yep you heard it! It sucks ass.

These damm Intel chips are not meant to be in a mac! At times I feel as if I'm working on a PC.

My other 2 macs with the Power PC Processors in them run so much more smoothly than my new Macbook with the Intel Core Duo.

I use a macbook core 2 duo on a daily basis and it runs circles around my powerbook g4 and then some. I can boot windows if I need to for visio and a few other tools that I can't run in OSX and it works just fine. I can't wait to get one at home (mac book pro) I don't like the plastic feel of the macbook. Other than that it's been a great lil machine and I recommend it to anyone who wants a great laptop. Battery life is wonderful as well.

Guest macboy

Intel iMac in the office and Intel Macbook at home. I've used all the chips since the Motorola 68000 in the original Mac. I have to say the Intel chip has been the best performing chip, excluding programs that are not universal binaries.

Guest macboy

Played around with the new imac today. That glossy screen definitely takes getting used to. On a Macbook it's ok but that 24" screen produces a lot of glare. If I needed a new computer right away, I'd skip this and get the refurb 24" iMac at a nice discount - $1449. That's a great deal.