Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So Long Karl Rove

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

Bush's political guru Karl Rove to resign at end of month

Top White House adviser Karl Rove, who has often been called George W. Bush's political "brain" and linked to the most controversial decisions of his presidency, said in an interview published Monday that he will resign at the end of this month.

from Euronews:

Earlier this month, President Bush cited executive privilege in rejecting a subpoena for Rove to appear before a Senate probe into the controversial sacking of federal prosecutors. And then there is the Plame affair in which the cover of CIA agent Valerie Plame was blown in the press. Rove was widely suspected of being involved. Although criminal proceedings against him were dropped, a civil case is ongoing.

from Reuters

Two years ago, the White House said Rove did not leak the identity of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame. Rove testified five times before a federal grand jury investigating the Plame leak and, in June 2006, special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald decided not to indict Rove in his investigation into the leak.

will he be as lucky as Scooter? :-\

Guest swirlundergrounder

They should just all resign...

Let Nancy Pelosi take over in order of preidential succession..LOL

Guest web_norah
CHICAGO, IL -- U.S. Senator Barack Obama made the following statement in response to Karl Rove announcing his resignation as White House Deputy Chief of Staff.

"Karl Rove was an architect of a political strategy that has left the country more divided, the special interests more powerful, and the American people more shut out from their government than any time in memory."

he left the ship (and his captain) before they officially sunk. says a lot about his character ...

Guest 029

crystal ball syays these people will be looked back on as the one's who hijaked a nation. this bush regime will be prob the most important lesson for american democracy after the civil war.

quazinblue.jpg

Guest web_norah

One of the reasons I like Karl Rove is because the leftist Stalinist hate him.

oh really. whereabouts? in old Siberia maybe?

Guest cire

It’s as they said last night on the news, Rove orchestrated political victories or decisiveness, and there are no more battles to be fought. Bush is a lame duck. No immigration reform, the war, everything is jacked. So, he left before he got caught in the SUCK.

Guest web_norah

The land of Narnia

is that what Cuba is called these days?

that's the only place i know where communism prevails.

Guest slamminshaun

You can say "so long" and "don't let the door hit you on the ass" but is this REALLY what Democrats wanted? Why are Democrats MORE concerned with Rove now than before? Rove has made Democrats look like children in the past, perhaps this is another political strategy of his....many top Democrats think so, and they're worried about it....

click here

Guest web_norah

You can say "so long" and "don't let the door hit you on the ass" but is this REALLY what Democrats wanted? Why are Democrats MORE concerned with Rove now than before? Rove has made Democrats look like children in the past' date=' perhaps this is another political strategy of his....many top Democrats think so, and they're worried about it....

click here

again, this is not a partisan issue

more a NATIONAL thing, Karl Rove was the brain behind Bush and he quit, SAYONARA, BYE. nice. there are plenty of issues still at hand ...Dick Cheney dying to invade Iran.

what happens next? Democrats can't act on anything, Bush is still president and commander in chief, pardoning his friends, vetoing bills, so what really happens now without Karl Rove and months to go in the White House?

You tell me.

Guest jamu

Its funny but the only people in my life I have ever wanted to see executed and brought to trial for crimes against humanity has been everyone in our white house. (Rove, Scooter Libby, Dick Chaney, Donald Rumsfeld, and of course George Bush).

But hey I am sure some one on here will come and call them heros and use cheesey language like the swords of democracy. When in reality they were nothing more then a lesson of how america forgot its right to use the constitution to limit Executive power. Sad really.

Well at least one good thing came out of it. We don't have to worry about Jeb Bush running for President. EVER.

Guest web_norah

Its funny but the only people in my life I have ever wanted to see executed and brought to trial for crimes against humanity has been everyone in our white house. (Rove, Scooter Libby, Dick Chaney, Donald Rumsfeld, and of course George Bush).

But hey I am sure some one on here will come and call them heros and use cheesey language like the swords of democracy. When in reality they were nothing more then a lesson of how america forgot its right to use the constitution to limit Executive power. Sad really.

Well at least one good thing came out of it. We don't have to worry about Jeb Bush running for President. EVER.

well someone already mentioned the word Stalinist (______) to those of us who don't find Karl Rove cool or cartoon hero-like.

Jeb Bush stands no chance of running EVER. hell, at this point, Rudy Giuliani is the Republican party's only hope for a decent race.