Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami International Wine Fair: September 8-10, 2007

Guest lulamishka

Guest lulamishka

Calling all Wine Junkies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 6th Annual Miami International Wine Fair presented by INFINITI and benefiting the American Red Cross will open its doors at the Miami Beach Convention Center to thousands of wine trade professionals and avid wine aficionados during the second weekend of September 2007. Returning to a three-day format to better serve the interests of Florida’s growing wine industry (Florida is the 2nd largest market in the country with $1.8 Biilion in sales), the Fair’s Grand Tasting will welcome the General Public on Saturday and Sunday evening, while business-to-business meetings will be held on Saturday, Sunday and Monday afternoon.

The more than 5,000 attendees expected will be able to taste nearly 1,000 wines from 15 countries paired with culinary delights served by some of South Florida’s finest restaurants. This year’s program will also include a larger and more spectacular VIP section (also known as the Collectors’ Club), a comprehensive seminar program, including guided tastings for beginners and connoisseurs alike, and South Florida’s 2nd Annual Wine & Food Pairing Competition, a one-of-a-kind culinary challenge that will bring together the region’s leading chef & sommelier teams.

One of the largest wine exhibits in America, the Miami International Wine Fair has become the leading commercial platform for boutique wineries from around the world with limited-production wines available only in a handful of fine restaurants and specialized retail shops.

Tickets On Sale Now!

For more info: http://miamiwinefair.com/

Guest lulamishka

And btw, I just saw on the site that 33% of gross ticket sales will be donated to the American Red Cross, Greater Miami & The Keys.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lulamishka

I enjoyed it. Was my first time going. Went to the Grand Tasting event. And I got to try a lot of different wines & champagne.

My only gripe is that they had a list of participating restaurants, but when we got there on Saturday, there were only maybe 2-3 restaurant booths actually open and serving food. And, of course, those lines were long. The rest were empty with the name placard up stating what restaurant would be stationed there. Perhaps they all were going to be there on different days?

I know, I know, its a wine fair. But I need to be munching on something in between so I can last longer with the wine. I'm a lightweight. Luckily, there were cheese & crackers at a few of the booths, so that helped me out.

All in all, I'm glad I went and checked this out. But honestly, for me personally, I don't know if its worth the $65 ticket price to go again.

Guest Electric Eel

I had a good time because its always about the people you are with but this year definitely lacked compared to last year. I felt as even though the space was bigger and there were more tables in general, there were less tables with wine. Also none of the restaurants being there really sucked, wasn't cool at all.

I don't think I will be repeating this next year either.

Guest macboy

The hard part of these fairs is that many people (myself included) go with the intention of drinking, rather than tasting. I'd say to really get your money's worth you have to go with the mindset of tasting and spitting so you can get through as many wines as possible and pick some winners to add to your collection. Easier to say than do, obviously. ;D

I don't think I've ever gotten past 30 wines at any wine fair. This one had 1000? :o

Guest lulamishka

The hard part of these fairs is that many people (myself included) go with the intention of drinking, rather than tasting. I'd say to really get your money's worth you have to go with the mindset of tasting and spitting so you can get through as many wines as possible and pick some winners to add to your collection. Easier to say than do, obviously. ;D

I don't think I've ever gotten past 30 wines at any wine fair. This one had 1000? :o

But its just more fun when you drink! :P

interesting reviews.

:-\

lol I don't want to hear about the food tell me about the wine! really wanted to go to this but we had too much going on over the weekend. So how was it set up? by region?

Guest 4040

I didn't get a chance to go to this but I did get a chance to drink a 91 Vega Sicilia over the weekend with the sommelier of Devito. The bottle goes for $1100 at the restaurant and we at Southern Wine and Spirits sell it to them for about $500. Talk about jack move. Oh and yeah it was tasty.